PDA

View Full Version : Brainwashed Scientology

jimnyc
12-07-2013, 09:39 AM
It seems Kirstie Alley and Leah Remini are sparring over Remini leaving scientology. She left a few months back. Kirstie is butt hurt that Leah not only bailed, but criticized scientology after she left. She went on to say that she generalized and insulted "tens of millions" of their members. Problem is, they have about 8 million total members, likely all brainwashed, IMO. She also accuses Leah of being a bigot because she dared speak out after she got out of the cult.

Why would any "faith" be SO secretive? Technically, we don't know numbers solidly, as the scientology brass hides it, like they do everything else. There have been accusations of taking children away from their parents for years, having members disown their own family and friends, disappearing members... This doesn't sound like a religion to me. I couldn't belong to a religion that felt a need to hide their activities or promoted people to ditch their families or sending their kids away. They called these people "suppressive persons" and they need to be removed from your life.

And why would anyone belonging to a religion need to sign legal waivers and such? And they must sign off against psychiatry as well, and denounce it. Why would a religion require such crap?

And the biggest question - why do so many prominent celebrities belong to this cult? Do they recruit one another? Are they all gullible? Look, I know my religion isn't perfect, but I don't need to disown my family and other suppressive people, nor do I need to sign my life away in order to be a member, nor do I have to fear for my life if I speak out!!

tailfins
12-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Having lived just outside of Clearwater, I know quite well who the Scientologists are. My team lead at my job at the time reminded me not to let other people overhear me making fun of them. The funny thing is that he lived next door to some of them and gave me material to make fun of them. They are truly pathetic. How can anyone be so weak minded? I marvel at how completely they are led by the nose.

fj1200
12-07-2013, 03:05 PM
This guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwPMHM3qC9w

... does not like Scientology.

revelarts
12-07-2013, 06:27 PM
years ago i heard one sci-fi writer relate that he met L Ron Hubbard -the sci fi writer- at a book event. In conversation with other writers they touched on money making ventures. Hubbard explained that the best way to make money was to start a religion, it's tax free and he described other benefits. The other writers thought he was joking of course until Hubbard created the cult of scientology.