PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins vs. Steelers final score: Miami all but ends Pittsburgh's season in 34-28 wi

Jeff
12-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Don't feel bad Jim there is always next year :laugh:
And they beat them in there weather :laugh:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/24755495/20131208_krj_sj4_148.0_standard_783.0.jpg

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/pittsburgh-steelers) and all their fans just watched their playoff hopes spin down the drain after a 34-28 loss to the Miami Dolphins (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/miami-dolphins) Sunday afternoon at Heinz Field.

On the final play of the game for the Steelers, which included several laterals, Antonio Brown (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108636/antonio-brown) appeared to score a touchdown as time ran out. However, it was ruled that he stepped out of bounds at the 11 to nullify the amazing score.

The Steelers fell to 5-8 on the season with three games remaining and will need to win all three just to match last year's 8-8 mark. The Dolphins improved to 7-6 and remain in the playoff hunt for the sixth and final wild-card spot.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/8/5189406/dolphins-steelers-final-score-results-recap-playoff-picture-scenario-week-14

jimnyc
12-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Yeah, time to eat crow! LOL Almost had you fuckers on that last play. 2 more inches and the Steelers win. Oh well, always next year! So a big :fu:to you & the Dolphins!! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
The Giants are even still in it. (Don't fire me for that) ;)

jimnyc
12-08-2013, 06:13 PM
The Giants are even still in it. (Don't fire me for that) ;)

They are in the midst of getting a shellacking from the Chargers, 24-0 to start the 2nd half, so the Giants I believe join us in futility when this one is over! :beer:

aboutime
12-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Sorry Jim. Saw that LAST play.

Did you happen to see the WHITE-OUT in the Eagles-Lions game?

Made me remember when I was really young, playing in the back yard...during Pennsylvania snow storms, and tackling each other until we were all frozen, and wet.

logroller
12-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah, time to eat crow! LOL Almost had you fuckers on that last play. 2 more inches and the Steelers win. Oh well, always next year! So a big :fu:to you & the Dolphins!! :laugh2:
'Two inches too short'... I think you just found your new user title. :flameth:

gabosaurus
12-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't think Darin is going to be very happy, either. His Seahawks went down for the count.

red states rule
12-09-2013, 03:00 AM
It could be worse Jim

You could be a Redskins fan like me

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 09:33 AM
It could be worse Jim

I don't know, your team is 3-10, mine is 5-8. now a whole lot of difference! About the only difference is that you guys will make your draft pick before us. :(

Abbey Marie
12-09-2013, 04:55 PM
They are in the midst of getting a shellacking from the Chargers, 24-0 to start the 2nd half, so the Giants I believe join us in futility when this one is over! :beer:

Yup, they found a way to blow it. What's even worse, is I have Cruz on my Fantasy team. :rolleyes:

red states rule
12-10-2013, 03:17 AM
I don't know, your team is 3-10, mine is 5-8. now a whole lot of difference! About the only difference is that you guys will make your draft pick before us. :(

Jim your team showed up to play Sunday - while the Skins just gave up.

In case like the Skins, no coach could have won the game since the players did not give a damn. If I were Snyder I would fire the players and keep the coaching staff

namvet
12-10-2013, 03:42 PM
damned steelers. they could have put the Chiefs in the PO's. so could the vikes.

Voted4Reagan
12-10-2013, 03:50 PM
"Worthlessberger" is officially DEAD MEAT in the Burgh...

namvet
12-10-2013, 03:51 PM
It could be worse Jim

man they didn't wanna play last sunday

namvet
12-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Sorry Jim. Saw that LAST play.

Did you happen to see the WHITE-OUT in the Eagles-Lions game?

Made me remember when I was really young, playing in the back yard...during Pennsylvania snow storms, and tackling each other until we were all frozen, and wet.

I did. got that locally.

http://cdn.hypervocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AP584038978794_6.jpg

jimnyc
12-10-2013, 04:03 PM
"Worthlessberger" is officially DEAD MEAT in the Burgh...

Not so fast, my friend!

He's actually having one of his best years since being in the NFL. He's in the top 8 for every major statistical category. The one where he isn't, is in the Win column. I think that's 2 part, as their defense has way too many holes, and the offensive coordinator stinks. I have a feeling that Todd Haley is finished at the end of this year. The play calling has been atrocious this year, except when they run the hurry up offense, and that's when Ben calls the plays from the line of scrimmage.

Anyway, there was just an interview with Rooney. He surprisingly went WAY out of his way to talk up Mike Tomlin - and this is after he just got fined $100k and is likely going to cost the team a draft pick. He then went on to speak of Ben, and how they want to make a deal with him to have him finish his career in Pittsburgh.

Right now though, none of it matters to me, as now they're out of the playoffs. :(

Jeff
12-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Not so fast, my friend!

He's actually having one of his best years since being in the NFL. He's in the top 8 for every major statistical category. The one where he isn't, is in the Win column. I think that's 2 part, as their defense has way too many holes, and the offensive coordinator stinks. I have a feeling that Todd Haley is finished at the end of this year. The play calling has been atrocious this year, except when they run the hurry up offense, and that's when Ben calls the plays from the line of scrimmage.

Anyway, there was just an interview with Rooney. He surprisingly went WAY out of his way to talk up Mike Tomlin - and this is after he just got fined $100k and is likely going to cost the team a draft pick. He then went on to speak of Ben, and how they want to make a deal with him to have him finish his career in Pittsburgh.

Right now though, none of it matters to me, as now they're out of the playoffs:(.

It's OK Jim we would of just beat ya all in the play offs anyway so at least this way we didn't let y'all get your hopes up :laugh:

jimnyc
12-11-2013, 10:34 AM
It's OK Jim we would of just beat ya all in the play offs anyway so at least this way we didn't let y'all get your hopes up :laugh:

True. :( As much as it sucks, there is a little relief in not having the anxiety and biting your nails hoping that your team can pull off a miracle. Now I can just stuff my fat face and enjoy the games! :)

red states rule
12-11-2013, 04:39 PM
True. :( As much as it sucks, there is a little relief in not having the anxiety and biting your nails hoping that your team can pull off a miracle. Now I can just stuff my fat face and enjoy the games! :)

Right now I am rooting for my second favorite team - the Denver Broncos

Loved them when Elway was the QB and was delighted he went out with 2 Super Bowl wins

jimnyc
12-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Right now I am rooting for my second favorite team - the Denver Broncos

Loved them when Elway was the QB and was delighted he went out with 2 Super Bowl wins

Like you, I am somewhat of a Denver fan now, but we got their different ways. I'm a fan of Manning who is a phenomenal QB, but I despised 'ol horseface when he played there (even though admittedly he was frickin awesome himself!)

Jeff
12-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Like you, I am somewhat of a Denver fan now, but we got their different ways. I'm a fan of Manning who is a phenomenal QB, but I despised 'ol horseface when he played there (even though admittedly he was frickin awesome himself!)

I can't stand Elway enough that I no longer like Peyton !!! Horseface is a nice name compared to the names he has down here :laugh:

red states rule
12-12-2013, 04:27 PM
BTW in addition to cheering on Denver I will support any team that takes on the Ravens (assuming they make it to the playoffs)

jimnyc
12-12-2013, 05:02 PM
BTW in addition to cheering on Denver I will support any team that takes on the Ravens (assuming they make it to the playoffs)

Here's my early thoughts on the playoffs, narrowed down to 3 in each conference.

AFC - New England, Denver, Kansas City - I think it comes down to Denver and New England in the Championship game, and Denver goes to my home state for the Super Bowl.

NFC - New Orleans, Seattle, San Francisco - I believe it comes down to Seattle and New Orleans. It will be in Seattle and no way NO beats the 12th man!!

If I'm correct, the Super Bowl will be - Denver and Seattle. Denver scored over 30 points in a game 11 out of 13 games this year, and the other two were 27 and 28. Not a single game beneath 27 points. Although Peyton had his surgery a few years ago, and now on a new team after all of these years, this is perhaps one of, if not the best season he has ever played. On the other hand you have Seattle who is just dominant this year. And I like their defense a LOT more than Denver's D. And Russell Wilson may not be Peyton, but he's not too bad himself this year. He's damn accurate and tosses an awesome long ball, which could really hurt Denver. And then they have the beast, Marshawn Lynch. 3 games left and he's already over 1,000. If they control the ball and the clock, I think Seattle wins this. And as usual, turnovers need to be extinct for either team.

red states rule
12-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Here's my early thoughts on the playoffs, narrowed down to 3 in each conference.

AFC - New England, Denver, Kansas City - I think it comes down to Denver and New England in the Championship game, and Denver goes to my home state for the Super Bowl.

NFC - New Orleans, Seattle, San Francisco - I believe it comes down to Seattle and New Orleans. It will be in Seattle and no way NO beats the 12th man!!

If I'm correct, the Super Bowl will be - Denver and Seattle. Denver scored over 30 points in a game 11 out of 13 games this year, and the other two were 27 and 28. Not a single game beneath 27 points. Although Peyton had his surgery a few years ago, and now on a new team after all of these years, this is perhaps one of, if not the best season he has ever played. On the other hand you have Seattle who is just dominant this year. And I like their defense a LOT more than Denver's D. And Russell Wilson may not be Peyton, but he's not too bad himself this year. He's damn accurate and tosses an awesome long ball, which could really hurt Denver. And then they have the beast, Marshawn Lynch. 3 games left and he's already over 1,000. If they control the ball and the clock, I think Seattle wins this. And as usual, turnovers need to be extinct for either team.

Not bad Jim

I like Denver however

and as long as the Ravens are home watching the post season - I will simply sit back and enjoy the games

jimnyc
12-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Not bad Jim

I like Denver however

and as long as the Ravens are home watching the post season - I will simply sit back and enjoy the games

Let's put it this way, I wouldn't bet against Denver! It seems like even in the games where Peyton tosses an INT or two, or fumbles, he'll then put 4 TD's up in addition! If he gets into the "zone", then he's almost unbeatable.

red states rule
12-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Let's put it this way, I wouldn't bet against Denver! It seems like even in the games where Peyton tosses an INT or two, or fumbles, he'll then put 4 TD's up in addition! If he gets into the "zone", then he's almost unbeatable.

For OCA's sake I would not mind seeing the 49's get bounced out early :laugh2:

namvet
12-16-2013, 02:09 PM
anyone see Rivers slice and dice the donks thurs night ??? a shocker in denver's house

highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000297382/Week-15-Chargers-vs-Broncos-highlights)

KC in the PO pic to. they win a spot yesterday.