PDA

View Full Version : Seymour Hersh Alleges Obama Administration Lied on Syria Gas Attack

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Would this surprise anyone anyway? It won't surprise the right, and the left will claim it's racist people going after Obama. Just another day in Washington. :rolleyes:

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh has dropped yet another bombshell allegation: President Obama wasn't honest with the American people when he blamed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for a sarin-gas attack in that killed hundreds of civilians.

In early September, Secretary of State John Kerry said the United States had proof that the nerve-gas attack was made on Assad's orders. "We know the Assad regime was responsible," President Obama told the nation in an address days after this revelation, which he said pushed him over the "red line" in considering military intervention.

But in a long story published Sunday for the London Review of Books, Hersh — best known for his exposés on the cover-ups of the My Lai Massacre and of Abu Ghraib – said the administration "cherry-picked intelligence," citing conversations with intelligence and military officials.

The administration buried intelligence on the fundamentalist group/rebel group al-Nusra. It was seen, Hersh says, as an alarming threat by May, with the U.S. being aware of al-Nusra member able to make and use sarin, and yet the group – associated with the rebel opposition in Syria – was never considered a suspect in the sarin attacks. Hersh refers to a top-secret June cable sent to the deputy director of the Defense Intelligence Agency that said al-Nusra could acquire and use sarin. But the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Office of the Defense Intelligence Agency could not find the document in question, even when given its specific codes.

The administration was learning about the attack at roughly the same speed civilians were. Hersh says the thorough daily intelligence briefings in the days surrounding the gas attack did not make a single mention of Syria, even as videos and photos of the attack went viral across the Internet. He added that there was revealed a sensor system in Syria that had, in December 2012, shown sarin production at a chemical weapons depot arranged by the Syrian army. Though it was unclear whether this was a simulation or not – all militaries, Hersh says, practice simulations of such things – Obama promptly warned Syria that use of sarin gas would be "unacceptable."

http://news.yahoo.com/seymour-hersh-alleges-obama-administration-lied-syria-gas-204437397.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Would this surprise anyone anyway? It won't surprise the right, and the left will claim it's racist people going after Obama. Just another day in Washington. :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/seymour-hersh-alleges-obama-administration-lied-syria-gas-204437397.html
Should anybody be shocked that Obama lied? Hell, I think I even predicted when Obama made the first warning that the terrorists there would likely run a false flag attack and then blame Assad. Not sure if it was at this forum but certainly was at one of the forums I post at. Remember other than violence ,murder etc. the muslim terrorists excel at propaganda. Seeking to get the world against their enemy and also give Obama a valid excuse to send help and arms to them. Obama jumped right on that too. Problem was Congress didn't go along with it so he has done it illegally. See Benghazi stolen missiles for that . And ask why were those missiles even there to be stolen by the attackers? I dare anybody on this planet to try to give a valid reason why those missiles were there. --Tyr

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Should anybody be shocked that Obama lied? Hell, I think I even predicted when Obama made the first warning that the terrorists there would likely run a false flag attack and then blame Assad. Not sure if it was at this forum but certainly was at one of the forums I post at. Remember other than violence ,murder etc. the muslim terrorists excel at propaganda. Seeking to get the world against their enemy and also give Obama a valid excuse to send help and arms to them. Obama jumped right on that too. Problem was Congress didn't go along with it so he has done it illegally. See Benghazi stolen missiles for that . And ask why were those missiles even there to be stolen by the attackers? I dare anybody on this planet to try to give a valid reason why those missiles were there. --Tyr

Read between the lines, or the invisible ink!

gabby will be along soon to point out that Bush lied, rather than read the details and story

Abbey Marie
12-09-2013, 04:51 PM
You're right- just another day under the Liar-in-Chief. I cannot WAIT until his sullying presence is out of our White House.

red states rule
12-10-2013, 04:10 AM
It would be easier if someone would assemble a list of what this administration has told the truth about