PDA

View Full Version : Bitey is gone :(

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 11:33 AM
My son's hamster died last night, at the old age of nearly 3! He was a nice little fella, even if he did bite me every time I came within an inch of him. I always forgave, as his intent was to eat food, not harm me. My son's not too broken up about it, as I went to help him clean the cage last night, and that's how we found him, when I heard Jordan say "Do I still have to clean the cage if he's dead?". At first I told him not to say that, that it wasn't nice. But then I realized he wasn't kidding. I wrapped him up in his own little blankey and placed him in a small box. I think I felt the worst and had to hide the little tears welling up in my eyes. It makes sense though, since I basically owned him, cleaned the cage and fed him all the time. I think the kid is happy that his 2 days a week to clean the cage is now over.

His burial awaits.

RIP bitey :(

fj1200
12-09-2013, 01:26 PM
My son's hamster died last night, at the old age of nearly 3!

Weeks?

RIP Bitey.

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Weeks?

RIP Bitey.

Nope, believe it or not he lived nearly 3 years! Those suckers never last long. We bought him 2 at once, and his "brother" died like a year ago. It brought some good smiles to my sons face over the past few years, but slowly fell to be my responsibility. Kids always say they'll care for animals and never do.

He was a cute little bastard though! As far as hamsters go, he had a damn good life and was spoiled!

Trigg
12-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear that Jim.

We had one last almost 2 years

aboutime
12-09-2013, 03:23 PM
RIP Bitey.................5789