PDA

View Full Version : TSA Seizes Sock Monkey’s Toy Gun

Arbo
12-09-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/365823/tsa-seizes-sock-monkeys-toy-gun-andrew-johnson

May, who has a small business selling sock monkeys, was also questioned for bringing the sewing supplies she uses to make the stuffed animals in her carry-on bag. TSA agents told her they would have to confiscate the miniature firearm and call the police, although Washington’s KING-TV reports that the TSA never did call the authorities. May’s sewing supplies were ultimately returned to her.

At some point, shouldn't these people be fired for waste, fraud and abuse? Because that's about all the TSA is anymore.

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/365823/tsa-seizes-sock-monkeys-toy-gun-andrew-johnson

At some point, shouldn't these people be fired for waste, fraud and abuse? Because that's about all the TSA is anymore.

I long defended the TSA after 9/11. and thought it was a needed agency/tool in order to protect many of us as we traveled. Sure, they've removed many, many guns and other weapons, and may have stopped people from flying who truly deserved to be on a no-fly list. But I've slowly and surely have changed my mind. The majority of stories we here are about abuse of citizens, and much of it with video proof.

I would prefer that the TSA get out and let the airlines hire their own private security, one that will hopefully be better in dealing with the public, as their contracts and livelihood will depend on it. Right now, there are a lot of people out there like workers at the unemployment office, who really just don't give a crap, and some who think they ARE the law and use the authority to harass/abuse people.

fj1200
12-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I would prefer that the TSA get out and let the airlines hire their own private security...

:eek: Welcome back Jim. :poke:

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 02:23 PM
:eek: Welcome back Jim. :poke:

Fucker!! Actually, I started believing they should go private a year ago or so. I'm too lazy to look up my own damn posts though. Even I have my limitations though. They don't even use common sense anymore, with harassing old, old ladies, searching babies, all kinds of handicap people, too much touching... I also don't want to get too too lax and see another terror act either, which is why I would like to still see security, but I think a private company can do a better job.