PDA

View Full Version : Highest number of homeless CHILDREN since the great depression...

Arbo
12-09-2013, 03:09 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/invisible-child/?smid=tw-nytimes#/?chapt=1

It is no place for children. Yet Dasani is among 280 children at the shelter. Beyond its walls, she belongs to a vast and invisible tribe of more than 22,000 homeless children in New York, the highest number since the Great Depression, in the most unequal metropolis in America.

Of course many will say i has nothing to do with the left wing policies of NY, but those that say such things have brown eyes for a reason.

Trigg
12-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Their plight lay firmly at the feet of the "adults" in this particular child's life. She is in a shelter because her 34yr old mother and step father are addicts with 8 children and no job.

aboutime
12-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Though I agree. No child in this nation should ever be homeless. I tend to take those numbers with a grain of salt...so to speak. Based on what I have learned, and heard over the many years when Democrats need such numbers to convince their Un-, and Undereducated voters to vote for them.
And, I am not ashamed to offer a personal example with Government Figures that also include Myself, and My wife.

According to the GAO, and the Labor Department of the U.S.

I, and my wife both fall under the Government category of UNDER POVERTY LEVELS. In fact. Between the two of us..both retired, and only I getting my military pension, and S.S. We fall well below the POVERTY LEVELS advertised by the Govt.
So. I am suspect of ANY NUMBERS handed down by the govt. in any way.
AFTER ALL....WE DO HAVE A PROFESSIONAL LIAR, pretending to be our president. And we all know how dependable he is.

red states rule
12-10-2013, 06:25 AM
More proof that liberals LOVE the poor

Their polices continue to produce so many more of them

glockmail
12-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Each one of these poor individuals is a guaranteed future vote for the Democrat Party, so expect their numbers to increase over time.

red states rule
12-10-2013, 07:36 AM
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/poor-people-have-bad-tattoos-funny-pictures-300x217.jpg

aboutime
12-10-2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/poor-people-have-bad-tattoos-funny-pictures-300x217.jpg

red states rule. Something else Obama, and the Democrats will never admit about America is, WE HAVE THE RICHEST POOR PEOPLE ON EARTH.

Not only can they afford tattoo's, but most of them are driving more than one NEW automobile, or SUV, and the twin Satellite dishes on their roof, to watch the FLAT SCREEN TV's in almost every room. And they complain about almost everything?????

red states rule
12-11-2013, 02:36 AM
red states rule. Something else Obama, and the Democrats will never admit about America is, WE HAVE THE RICHEST POOR PEOPLE ON EARTH.

Not only can they afford tattoo's, but most of them are driving more than one NEW automobile, or SUV, and the twin Satellite dishes on their roof, to watch the FLAT SCREEN TV's in almost every room. And they complain about almost everything?????

So true AT. Here are a few stats that libs do not want people to know about. Being "poor" in America is not so bad

The following are facts about persons defined as ‘poor’ by the Census Bureau as taken from various government reports:

80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
92 percent of poor households have a microwave.
Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
Two-thirds have at least one DVD player, and 70 percent have a VCR.
Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers.
More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
43 percent have Internet access.
One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo.

If these statistics are true, then why are we increasing subsidies to the poor? We should be cutting back on these programs, decrease overall government spending, and cut taxes dramatically. The economic engine of the marketplace will open up opportunities to the capable poor, that is, poor people who have the ability to work.

What about hunger in America?

96 percent of poor parents stated that their children were never hungry at any time during the year because they could not afford food.
83 percent of poor families reported having enough food to eat.
82 percent of poor adults reported never being hungry at any time in the prior year due to lack of money for food.

Politics is not about helping the poor; it’s about keeping people poor in order to make them dependent on the State.

None of this is to say that there aren't some truly poor people in America. But once we made it difficult to be dependent on the State, the truly poor could be helped through private charities.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/11749/america-the-richest-poor-country-in-the-world/#ucwkd8ipdF0FcG04.99