PDA

View Full Version : Christmas preparations

Abbey Marie
12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
How is this going for everyone? It's a slow process in our household. I think we are just getting tired.

On the plus side: Tree is bought and in the stand. Outside lights and nativity are up. Most presents are bought.
Not so good: House needs cleaning, tree needs decorating, still need to buy a few gifts, Christmas cards not even started.

I did buy a totally un-needed 12 inch tall Penguin today, so THAT'S done! :laugh:

Forget Jim's sex slave, I want an assistant.

http://sites.miis.edu/tradeclub/files/2012/11/winter_wonderland_theme-201583-1230258686.jpeg

gabosaurus
12-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Christmas preparations? Well, let's see...
I have my neighbor's kid to watch our house, bring in the mail and take care of the cat.
I also bought a new swim suit for my daughter to wear to the beach. My husband got some new sunglasses since he misplaced his for about the 15th time. (Men always lose things! :cool: ) And a new snazzy outfit to wear to the cricket match.
That's about it. My friend in Melbourne will bring the sun hats.

jimnyc
12-09-2013, 06:13 PM
No tree yet, may surprise the boy and woman with one tomorrow. And by the end of this week I will decorate the surrounding living room area with lights and decorations in addition to the tree. We don't normally decorate outside, so that's about it. Anyone who is getting a gift from me is getting a gift card, so my shopping will start and end in how long it takes me to wait on line at CVS! :)

So it's just us 3 here, but we are visiting NJ on Sunday the 22nd. First I go to the cemetery on way down to place a grave cover on Mom's stone, and then to see my Dad who will be in town with my step Mom, and brother Dan. My sister, her retarded husband, my brother John and all the kids will be there. Dad has it sorta catered, so there will be lots of good eating!

So far it's not very "Christmasy" though, other than FM 106.7 which started with the 24hr Christmas music on Thanksgiving Day. I'm hoping the decorations and tree will put me in the mood.

And Abbey wants to be the assistant to my sex slave, and that's kinda cool! :coffee:

Abbey Marie
12-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Lol, Jim gotta love your deliberate misinterpretations! :laugh:

red states rule
12-10-2013, 04:30 AM
With 5 cats does anyone think I can put up a tree or hang any decorations?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BDmJWk9n2fg/UJ2bFCG_MRI/AAAAAAAAE3s/NGbJd4crjqc/s1600/funny-pictures-cat-in-tree-tries-to-look-ornamental.jpg

Sorry not possible. My cats are four legged demolition squads

PostmodernProphet
12-10-2013, 09:01 AM
I have to admit this is a bone of contention every year in our house......I consider a proper level of decoration is one Christmacy item in each room.......my wife thinks its one Christmacy item on each flat surface.....when she complains that I don't help her decorate I tell her I don't think I should enable her addiction....

CSM
12-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Well, let's see ... I went down my list and realized that I din't really like anyone anyhow so promptly decided not to get anyone anything at all. Coverd the windows with heavy, dark grey blankets so I don't have to look at all those darned lights the neighbors put up. Unplugged the TV and radio so I didn't have to listen to all that caterwhauling about "jingle Bells" and stuff. I think I am all set!

red states rule
12-11-2013, 03:56 AM
http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-Christmas-cat-Santa-hat.jpg

Jeff
12-11-2013, 08:00 AM
We have only made it as far as cutting the tree down and the wife made some cookies, but we have everything in place to turn this place into winter wonderland :laugh:

Trigg
12-11-2013, 01:50 PM
We always put up the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, we've done this since the kids were VERY little.

I've started making Christmas candy this week, but I probably won't make more batches until the older two get home from college. My daughter wants to help with the cookies so I'm putting that off as well.

We have MOST of the gifts bought, but I can't get motivated to do cards.

I've already gotten calls from my mother wanting to know when we're free for my family get together and I've been given my list of things to bring to hubby's HUGE family get together. She's hoping all 100 or so show up, there were quite a few missing last year due to stupid arguments between some of his aunts and uncles.

red states rule
12-11-2013, 04:45 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs32VHQsz9r5nxYb-ecw8QMkFDNu89VVtNLYB006L5W5hkA_o

cadet
12-11-2013, 04:50 PM
I finished all my Christmas shopping, except for Mom.

Other than that, my only Christmas plans that I still need to finish are stealing uncooked cookie dough, and finishing finals tomorrow.

Kathianne
12-12-2013, 02:37 AM
I have to admit this is a bone of contention every year in our house......I consider a proper level of decoration is one Christmacy item in each room.......my wife thinks its one Christmacy item on each flat surface.....when she complains that I don't help her decorate I tell her I don't think I should enable her addiction....

I cannot decorate this year, but when I did and am able to in the future, I'm for putting up as many as possible! As long as someone else will take them down and put them away by 'Little Christmas.' LOL!

While decorations are out for me this year, I had some luck while moving. I found Amazon gift cards I hadn't used. (Unlike some, they don't expire, I was lucky some were 5 years old!) Bought gifts, focusing on games for my kids and their spouses, sweaters for my friends. Picked up wrapping paper tonight and will finish that up tomorrow.

I'm going to make some cookies, maybe even some candies-if I don't have to freak out on thermometer.

Walgreens is now open til Midnight, beginning last night. Which is why I'm wide awake at 1:40 in the morning. Sooo, I'm working a lot. Including Christmas Eve, but I caught a break there, working 7am-4 so I'll make the open house at my brothers. Everything else is 4p-12:30a. Zzzzz

Still, better than not working!

Merry Christmas!