PDA

View Full Version : I hope God strikes this man soon.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-13-2013, 08:19 AM
From doomberg the scum comes this.. For America's sake I hope God strikes this scum down soon. -Tyr
U.S. mayors say thousands of guns sold illegally online
Reuters
By Jonathan Allen
10 hours ago

After Newtown, focus of U.S. gun control battle shifts to states Reuters
Year after Newtown, gun control groups keep hope Associated Press
Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral Associated Press
Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms Associated Press
No More Silence: Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and Mayors Against Illegal Guns Honor Newtown Anniversary with Over 50 Events in More than 35 States PR Newswire

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Thousands of guns are being offered for sale illegally by unlicensed firearms dealers on a single U.S. website, according to a report released on Thursday by a group of U.S. mayors campaigning for gun control.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns, founded and largely funded by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, examined sales on Armslist.com, a major gun-trading website that enables sales in all 50 states, over an eight-week period this year.

It said nearly a third of the ads posted were from "high-volume" sellers who lacked the federal license required of individuals who regularly sell firearms.

Private sellers are generally allowed to sell a gun legally online without checking the buyer's criminal record and mental-health history, although rules governing such sales differ from state to state. Anyone engaged "in the business" of selling guns is required by federal law to have a license and to perform background checks on buyers.

Based on its sample, the mayors' group estimated that nearly 240,000 guns would be advertised on the website in a year by high-volume sellers posing as private sellers who would not necessarily require background checks.

"These findings tell us that law enforcement, legislators and web sites all need to take steps to choke off this potentially deadly stream of illegal firearms sales," Bloomberg said in a statement.
Bloomberg, one of the most prominent and wealthy advocates of tighter U.S. gun laws, steps down as mayor at the end of the year, but has said he will remain active on the issue.

jimnyc
12-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Bloomberg was once taken seriously, considered a decent mayor and a phenomenal businessman. Now he's a damn joke and even most New Yorkers are tired of his nanny crap.

How about they get PROOF of the law breakers and simply prosecute. Instead, they bring up Newtown and will try and make it sound like there is an underground tunnel funneling guns to criminals. If they were afoul of laws, prosecute them. If it's people legally selling and buying guns, STFU already.

Arbo
12-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Their claim is BS. Even if you use armslist.com to advertise and sell a gun, you must abide by state laws in terms of checks. They are merely trying to shut it down.

jimnyc
12-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Their claim is BS. Even if you use armslist.com to advertise and sell a gun, you must abide by state laws in terms of checks. They are merely trying to shut it down.

I think I agree with that. Like I said, get warrants and arrest those who broke the law. But the "nanny" and his friends want to make it sound like ANY gun purchaser is equivalent to the shooter at Newtown.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Another day and no lightning bolt yet.. Some day justice will catch up to that mmffkking scum. Tyr