PDA

View Full Version : Jerome sick again :-(

jimnyc
12-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Some of you may recall that Jerome was diagnosed with a "collapsing trachea" a few years ago. The trachea which is supposed to be circular became like a U shaped. He's OK, but it makes him cough a lot and/or try to get something out of his throat that isn't there. He takes medication for this, basically a cough suppressant which helps, in addition to his arthritis medication. He is 15 1/2 after all!

Anyway, seems like with the very cold weather that came in a few days ago, his cough came back. It's been mostly under control. I think the cold weather makes it worse.

So last night he was coughing a lot, and coughed an awful lot overnight (which kept me up of course). I feel bad as I know he has to sleep as well. A few minutes ago I looked at his bed here in my computer room. He has his own little stairs that go up to his "throne". I think the lack of sleep got to him and he crashed!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qwkilh.jpg

Kathianne
12-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Poor pup! Only thing worse than sick pet is a sick little kid.

Abbey Marie
12-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Hang in there Jerome!

jimnyc
12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Poor pup! Only thing worse than sick pet is a sick little kid.

At least most kids can tell me what's hurting them most, and I can mostly be assured they know that I love them and what I'm saying to them. I wish Jerome knew how much I cared and was able to communicate with me effectively. But that's what is so special about dogs, that you can have this relationship, and the communication is usually pure love. :)

Hang in there Jerome!

He said thanks!! :salute:

Jeff
12-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Fell better Jerome