PDA

View Full Version : Found something new and beautiful

SassyLady
12-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Watched this video due to all the controversy surrounding it and by the time it was over was absolutely fascinated with the final product. I would love to have one of these in my home.

http://anthillart.com/castings/043/

Jeff
12-14-2013, 09:08 AM
After reading the Title I thought I had meet you recently :laugh:

Kathianne
12-14-2013, 01:18 PM
I saw that video and the resulting 'sculpture' is beautiful. I am glad that so far, fire ants seem to like warmer climates. :laugh2:

Army of ants has new meaning after seeing this. ;)

fj1200
12-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Watched this video due to all the controversy surrounding it and by the time it was over was absolutely fascinated with the final product. I would love to have one of these in my home.

Controversy? Because they killed some ants? I'll get over that pretty quickly. :laugh:

I saw them do something like this in Australia? with termites? and they dug out the colony which was like 30 feet in diameter. :eek:

fj1200
12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
I saw that video and the resulting 'sculpture' is beautiful. I am glad that so far, fire ants seem to like warmer climates. :laugh2:

Army of ants has new meaning after seeing this. ;)

Fire ants aren't much to worry about down here. They're rarely seen by me anyway. It's the armies of ants in South American you really don't want to mess with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozWJTuhbMQ

jimnyc
12-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Kinda cool, looks like coral almost. Does that mean its filled with the melted little buggers?

Gaffer
12-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Accidentally step on a fire ant nest and you'll have no problems with pouring aluminum down the hole.

PostmodernProphet
12-14-2013, 07:36 PM
after seeing this I am inspired to make a mountain of of a mole hole......

jimnyc
12-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Accidentally step on a fire ant nest and you'll have no problems with pouring aluminum down the hole.

Hell, you don't need to step completely on it. I was down in Georgia with Jeff and we went to get rid of an old 50 gallon drum with a buddy of his. I had gloves on as the bottom was rusted out. The bottom of the drum kinda gave way from rust when we tossed it and a bunch of them little bastards got on the gloves and like 3 or 4 of them got on my hands and bit me. Holy Crap, I think I know what a shark bite feels like after that! LOL

aboutime
12-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Everybody who admires the art of FIRE ANT sculptures should now be on the lookout for the intervention of "PETA".

They may run to the "EPA" and declare those little Buggers as PROTECTED.

But the good news is. If anyone from PETA gets involved in that kind of stupidity.

They just might get a VISIT from the little BUGGERS some night, or day...when they least expect it.