PDA

View Full Version : Taking a holiday break

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-15-2013, 11:48 AM
I want to wish all a Merry Christmas before I take a holiday break . I have too many sticks in the fire and need some time to take care of family business. Perhaps a break will do me good and renew my spirits. You guys have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year. Robert Lindley. Adios.

Gaffer
12-15-2013, 12:00 PM
I want to wish all a Merry Christmas before I take a holiday break . I have too many sticks in the fire and need some time to take care of family business. Perhaps a break will do me good and renew my spirits. You guys have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year. Robert Lindley. Adios.

Everybody needs a little R&R once in while. Have a Merry Christmas and great New Year. :salute:

Drummond
12-15-2013, 12:33 PM

You'll definitely be missed, Tyr. All my best to you and yours.

jimnyc
12-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Tyr! Your presence until your return will be missed. And please tell Justin I said Merry Christmas - and that my gift to the little man is 5 new smileys of his choice! He's quickly becoming my favorite member here on the board. I hope his eyes are the size of Staten Island when he sees what's under the tree on Christmas, and how good Santa took care of him.

Santa dropped this one off to me via email, and I asked that I add it to our selection, for Justin! (just noticed it was 2 of them!)

:reindeer::shakegift:

Abbey Marie
12-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Tyr, I will definitely miss you! Be safe and come back to us soon as you can. :salute: :beer: :bighug:

aboutime
12-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Tyr, I will definitely miss you! Be safe and come back to us soon as you can. :salute: :beer: :bighug:

DITTO...and Merry Christmas from the Old man and the Sea.

GOD BLESS.

Jeff
12-16-2013, 09:03 AM

Merry Christmas to you and yours buddy , I sure hope you will hurry back, as many have already said you will be missed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the thoughts my friends. I had received very bad news just prior to my making this thread. A friend called and informed me that my first wife(ex-wife) had been killed in an auto accident. You may remember me having mentioned her and how much I loved her so I took it very hard. Took me two days to find out she was badly injured(not killed) but will be ok. The death was a false alarm , one that shook me very badly. The woman that died was the driver of the other car. I had had a lot of family serious medical things going on and hearing that was just icing on the cake for me that morning. Thank God it turned out to be a false alarm but it did make me aware that I still after 36 years care about her and her well being. I am a man of deep passions and this just reacquainted me with that fact. However the time away short as it was did give me more time to spend with my son and it's been a Godsend. So to delegate my time more efficiently I have to give something up and I've decided it is my time on the comp playing correspondence chess that will have to give way. I resigned today just over 60 games in progress at three different sites. I value my friends here so its a no-brainer for me to give up the 10 to 15 hours a week that I play chess and instead continue on here. When something has give it always does one way or another! I may be a much nicer old dog for a few days here now so just bear with me until I get back to being my normal ranting self. :laugh:--Tyr

Larrymc
12-18-2013, 07:27 PM
I want to wish all a Merry Christmas before I take a holiday break . I have too many sticks in the fire and need some time to take care of family business. Perhaps a break will do me good and renew my spirits. You guys have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year. Robert Lindley. Adios.And a Merry Christmas to you and Yours, Enjoy be Safe, and take care of our little buddy.

Larry

Kathianne
12-19-2013, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the thoughts my friends. I had received very bad news just prior to my making this thread. A friend called and informed me that my first wife(ex-wife) had been killed in an auto accident. You may remember me having mentioned her and how much I loved her so I took it very hard. Took me two days to find out she was badly injured(not killed) but will be ok. The death was a false alarm , one that shook me very badly. The woman that died was the driver of the other car. I had had a lot of family serious medical things going on and hearing that was just icing on the cake for me that morning. Thank God it turned out to be a false alarm but it did make me aware that I still after 36 years care about her and her well being. I am a man of deep passions and this just reacquainted me with that fact. However the time away short as it was did give me more time to spend with my son and it's been a Godsend. So to delegate my time more efficiently I have to give something up and I've decided it is my time on the comp playing correspondence chess that will have to give way. I resigned today just over 60 games in progress at three different sites. I value my friends here so its a no-brainer for me to give up the 10 to 15 hours a week that I play chess and instead continue on here. When something has give it always does one way or another! I may be a much nicer old dog for a few days here now so just bear with me until I get back to being my normal ranting self. :laugh:--Tyr

I'm glad she is going to recover, I'm also glad you chose to return.

Abbey Marie
12-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm glad she is going to recover, I'm also glad you chose to return.

Yup, exactly what Kath said. :salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Tyr! Your presence until your return will be missed. And please tell Justin I said Merry Christmas - and that my gift to the little man is 5 new smileys of his choice! He's quickly becoming my favorite member here on the board. I hope his eyes are the size of Staten Island when he sees what's under the tree on Christmas, and how good Santa took care of him.

Santa dropped this one off to me via email, and I asked that I add it to our selection, for Justin! (just noticed it was 2 of them!)

:reindeer::shakegift: Just saw this offer Jim. Thanks and Justin just saw it after I called him over here. He likes the two you picked and says he can pick 3 just as good. The boy has no lacking of confidence . ;)-Tyr

jimnyc
12-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Just saw this offer Jim. Thanks and Justin just saw it after I called him over here. He likes the two you picked and says he can pick 3 just as good. The boy has no lacking of confidence . ;)-Tyr

Tell him to line them up and post them then! I just did a lame search via Yahoo images and found those, I was too lazy to go to actual sites. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Tell him to line them up and post them then! I just did a lame search via Yahoo images and found those, I was too lazy to go to actual sites. :) Justin picked these. I know it was more than you promised but he says post 'em all and let you choose. lol -Tyr

Jeff
12-20-2013, 07:52 AM

Buddy I am Glad she will be OK , I understand times like this but myself I just get lost in reading on here and it takes me away from R/L stuff, OOO well Glad all is well and you are settling back in , now hurry up and get back to your ranting self again :laugh:

jimnyc
12-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Ok, Justin, here they are!

:shark: :deejay: :pirate1: :pirate2:

And well, ummm, well, I'm glad you got one for Dad!! :)

:nudie:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Ok, Justin, here they are!

:shark: :deejay: :pirate1: :pirate2:

And well, ummm, well, I'm glad you got one for Dad!! :)

:nudie: haha, I tried to talk him out of that one and I said , "no Justin don't use that one, they'll think that's a picture of me." He got a kick out of that and wasn't about to not choose it then. I tell ya he certainly has a good sense of humor. And thanks, he 'll be very happy to see what he calls his smilies. Even told me I can not use them when replying here unless I ask him first! I fear a bit too much of his mom in him when he does such as that. :laugh: -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Tell him to line them up and post them then! I just did a lame search via Yahoo images and found those, I was too lazy to go to actual sites. :)

Justin just saw all twelve of "his' smilies. And he said that's you dad. :nudie: I knew that one would end up being me.. That boy is too much like me not to miss a golden chance like that! :laugh: He is out of school today. Justin says thanks so much for the Christmas presents Jim. He is very happy about your kind gesture. Sorry, he now wants all his smiles posted so here goes.:sorcerer::neptune::explosion::doghouse::bedb ug::reindeer::shakegift::shark::deejay::nudie::pir ate1::pirate2: