PDA

View Full Version : "Dinner whores"

06-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Been hanging out at another board and there has been a discussion on so called "dinner whores" all week. Its a nickname these guys on the board have been giving women who don't put out when the guy pays for dinner. I find the whole concept completely degrading and disrespectful and I cant figure out how any man can look at a woman like that.

I've been almost shocked at how many men seem to think paying for dinner means he should get laid. What the heck is this world coming to?

Anyway the discussion has digressed to a few different topics that made me question the sanity of some people.

A woman stated that an average dinner date should cost $100... holy crap what on earth are they eating? even at the most expensive place i could think of the most would be $50 for two people. So I have to ask, what is an average cost of a dinner date?

There was also a digression that women spend more on the date getting ready... i find that very hard to believe. one woman totalled $400 for a date... seriously why on earth would she think a man would want to date a woman who spends that much on a dinner date?

I just dont understand how anyone can be like this. Its difficult enough affording going out paying for a $20 date. why on earth would anyone pay that much money for anything that didnt have some sort of microchip or real estate attached to it?

Anyway Id love to see what everyone here thinks.

Abbey Marie
06-14-2007, 12:50 PM
I think these all of these people are young, shallow and lacking in values.

06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I think these all of these people are young, shallow and lacking in values.

so how much should an average dinner date cost?

shattered
06-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Seriously, it depends on what you do..

Something like Applebee's or Chili's will probably run you about $40.

Just went to a hibatchi grill place a couple weeks ago, and for 5 people, it was over $200 (that's $40 a person right there, and is very close to the $100 mark for 2 people).

It's easy to spend $100 in a night just on dinner, and a movie...

Hagbard Celine
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
If you pay $100 or more for a dinner date and don't get any action, you're a shmuck. With that said, I don't want to date a girl who thinks sex is some kind of payment or prize she can hang over my head for bribery or punishment.

Abbey Marie
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM

I didn't realize that was your main interest in the post. I would expect it depends on whether you are dining in a large city, or in the burbs. The former is generally more expensive, unless you know a good out of the way place.
I would expect a "nice" restaurant dinner date, including alcohol, to cost no less than $75., plus tip.

Hagbard Celine
06-14-2007, 01:23 PM
I didn't realize that was your main interest in the post. I would expect it depends on whether you are dining in a large city, or in the burbs. The former is generally more expensive, unless you know a good out of the way place.
I would expect a "nice" restaurant dinner date, including alcohol, to cost no less than $75., plus tip.

You can eat well for $30-$40. I've been dating my girlfriend for almost one and a half years now and I've only shelled-out over $100 for a meal once--Ruth Chris Steak House, one-year together anniversary. Now gifts, you can splurge on. But dinner isn't worth paying too much for, especially if you're just starting to date the girl. I'd say on average you should spend ~$20 to $40 on a dinner date. $20 to $50 if you're going to a movie too.

Mr. P
06-14-2007, 01:30 PM
You can eat well for $30-$40. I've been dating my girlfriend for almost one and a half years now and I've only shelled-out over $100 for a meal once--Ruth Chris Steak House, one-year together anniversary. Now gifts, you can splurge on. But dinner isn't worth paying too much for, especially if you're just starting to date the girl. I'd say on average you should spend ~$20 to $40 on a dinner date. $20 to $50 if you're going to a movie too.

The thinking on this subject 30 years ago is alive and well. It was the same then as Hag just posted. There are dates and then there are dates. One for socializing, getting to know you and just fun, the other for romance. Romance IS spencive.

Kathianne
06-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Seriously, it depends on what you do..

Something like Applebee's or Chili's will probably run you about $40.

Just went to a hibatchi grill place a couple weeks ago, and for 5 people, it was over $200 (that's $40 a person right there, and is very close to the $100 mark for 2 people).

It's easy to spend $100 in a night just on dinner, and a movie...

I have to agree, it probably depends upon where you live. I went out last night with a guy friend. Weber Grill. (http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/menus/menuintro.html) Pricey, but we had a good time, along with others. No expectations, just 3rd date.

darin
06-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Been hanging out at another board and there has been a discussion on so called "dinner whores" all week. Its a nickname these guys on the board have been giving women who don't put out when the guy pays for dinner. I find the whole concept completely degrading and disrespectful and I cant figure out how any man can look at a woman like that.

See below:

A woman stated that an average dinner date should cost $100... holy crap what on earth are they eating? even at the most expensive place i could think of the most would be $50 for two people. So I have to ask, what is an average cost of a dinner date?

That's just it right there. We live in a society become more and more self-serving. People 'demand/expect' things. There are women who absolutely want to be taken to a nice place for the prestige of it. These women aren't dating to get to know the Guy - but to judge the value of his bank account. Those women are whores, at their core. No rhyme intended.

There was also a digression that women spend more on the date getting ready... i find that very hard to believe. one woman totaled $400 for a date... seriously why on earth would she think a man would want to date a woman who spends that much on a dinner date?

She spent $400 just to go-out with somebody? TALK about high maintenance. I'd RUN from her. When I date(d), I went to get to know the chick I was (probably at root) hoping to nail - That wasn't the direct purpose of the date - but it's generally the goal of most men seeking a mate...to mate.

$100 dinner date is EASY around here. The problem I have now with most up-scale eateries is this:

I can buy the Steak myself from Doug's Quality Meats (http://dougsqualitymeats.com/) and cook it myself and end up with a better result than paying some yahoo to cook it for me. If it's about quality of food - stay home. If it's about a non-threatening environment to chat and get to know somebody, go out.

Kathianne
06-14-2007, 01:47 PM
See below:

That's just it right there. We live in a society become more and more self-serving. People 'demand/expect' things. There are women who absolutely want to be taken to a nice place for the prestige of it. These women aren't dating to get to know the Guy - but to judge the value of his bank account. Those women are whores, at their core. No rhyme intended.

She spent $400 just to go-out with somebody? TALK about high maintenance. I'd RUN from her. When I date(d), I went to get to know the chick I was (probably at root) hoping to nail - That wasn't the direct purpose of the date - but it's generally the goal of most men seeking a mate...to mate.

$100 dinner date is EASY around here. The problem I have now with most up-scale eateries is this:

I can buy the Steak myself from Doug's Quality Meats (http://dougsqualitymeats.com/) and cook it myself and end up with a better result than paying some yahoo to cook it for me. If it's about quality of food - stay home. If it's about a non-threatening environment to chat and get to know somebody, go out.

Darin, in my case I wouldn't want to go to his place, or mine. He chose the restaurant, as we were meeting up with his friends. If it were my friends, I probably would have chosen Cheesecake Factory or Wild Fire, where we could have gotten out for $50-$60.

Trigg
06-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Dinner and a movie can get pretty expensive. Dinner even at a regular restaurant will be 40-50 if there are drinks involved. Movies are outragious anymore.

Men who expect women to put out after dinner are dogs. The whole point of a date is to get to know someone for a relationship. What ever happened to men considering women who put out on the first date sluts? Now it's expected???

Glad I don't have to be out there in the dating pool.

Kathianne
06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Dinner and a movie can get pretty expensive. Dinner even at a regular restaurant will be 40-50 if there are drinks involved. Movies are outragious anymore.

Men who expect women to put out after dinner are dogs. The whole point of a date is to get to know someone for a relationship. What ever happened to men considering women who put out on the first date sluts? Now it's expected???

I've heard about the guys that expect 'putting out' on the first/second/third date. I haven't met a one that holds to. I've been 'dating' after marriage for over 8 years. Not once has a guy tried to imply such. It seems that they wait for a signal from the female, that it's 'ok' to broach this. Hey, I'm the last to stick up for guys, but seriously, they are not all ruled by the flute.

Trigg
06-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I've heard about the guys that expect 'putting out' on the first/second/third date. I haven't met a one that holds to. I've been 'dating' after marriage for over 8 years. Not once has a guy tried to imply such. It seems that they wait for a signal from the female, that it's 'ok' to broach this. Hey, I'm the last to stick up for guys, but seriously, they are not all ruled by the flute.

Of course I've heard of the 3rd date rule for getting sex, husbands single friends, they make the argument that if a women isn't interrested in them why would she keep going on dates. So, they would stop dating her if there is no sex after the 3rd date.

No, not all men are pigs. :cheers2: here's to you meeting a nice one.

jackass
06-14-2007, 02:38 PM

This isnt all the mens fault ya know. I work with and talk with alot of younger women and men..and women nowadays are very eager and easily give certain things out. From the people I talk to giving oral sex isnt that bog of a deal anymore. Its almost like making out when I was younger.

Trigg
06-14-2007, 02:40 PM
This isnt all the mens fault ya know. I work with and talk with alot of younger women and men..and women nowadays are very eager and easily give certain things out. From the people I talk to giving oral sex isnt that bog of a deal anymore. Its almost like making out when I was younger.

Like I said, glad I'm not out there dating these days. They'd probably think I was a prude.

BTW, of course you'd stick up for men you being one and all:poke:

Kathianne
06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Of course I've heard of the 3rd date rule for getting sex, husbands single friends, they make the argument that if a women isn't interrested in them why would she keep going on dates. So, they would stop dating her if there is no sex after the 3rd date.

No, not all men are pigs. :cheers2: here's to you meeting a nice one.

Seriously, I've met a minimum of 7 'nice ones', just not for me. But then again, I'm very gun shy. Not one of these guys expected any put out for a date. Or 4th date. When it came time to say, 'Not a long term deal' they were not only accepting, but ready to lay the parameters of a different scenario.

remie
06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
The thinking on this subject 30 years ago is alive and well. It was the same then as Hag just posted. There are dates and then there are dates. One for socializing, getting to know you and just fun, the other for romance. Romance IS spencive.

LOL Right you are Mr. P. I cant tell you how many $100 plus meals I fed my wife while I was trying to hem her up. And that took well over 2 years Romantic = Definately spensive.

And no, she didnt nor did I expect her to put out.

Hobbit
06-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Wouldn't it be the opposite, really? Isn't a girl who 'puts out' just because the guy pays for dinner technically the whore here? I mean, she's basically getting paid for sex, which is the very definition of a whore.

Kathianne
06-14-2007, 03:48 PM
LOL Right you are Mr. P. I cant tell you how many $100 plus meals I fed my wife while I was trying to hem her up. And that took well over 2 years Romantic = Definately spensive.

And no, she didnt nor did I expect her to put out.

I'm seriously unsure of where any of you are going. If I'm reading you all right, which is unlikely, there is no getting to know someone. One is either a whore or a tease, no inbetween.

The idea that a gentleman might be willing to pay for a meal or that a lady might offer to help or pay, or any combination forthcoming, is dismissed out of hand. Why? Probably because it suits those that are currently married.

darin
06-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't it be the opposite, really? Isn't a girl who 'puts out' just because the guy pays for dinner technically the whore here? I mean, she's basically getting paid for sex, which is the very definition of a whore.

I think Dinner Whore means she wants DINNER and uses the promise or suggestion of sex as the means.

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
I think Dinner Whore means she wants DINNER and uses the promise or suggestion of sex as the means.

BINGO----buy me a meal, big boy. "wink wink"

Hobbit
06-14-2007, 04:23 PM

Then it still makes no sense that the girl who doesn't put out is a whore. Then, she's just a bait-and-switcher.

shattered
06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Jeeze. Whatever happened to just doing something for another just because you want to...

Hagbard Celine
06-14-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm seriously unsure of where any of you are going. If I'm reading you all right, which is unlikely, there is no getting to know someone. One is either a whore or a tease, no inbetween.

The idea that a gentleman might be willing to pay for a meal or that a lady might offer to help or pay, or any combination forthcoming, is dismissed out of hand. Why? Probably because it suits those that are currently married.

Or--and stay with me here--sex is neither a prize nor a form of payment, but instead a pleasurable activity which both genders can and should partake of and enjoy equally. As is eating and one is not needed for the other. Although the two CAN be combined for an equally pleasurable experience.

Trigg
06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
. Although the two CAN be combined for an equally pleasurable experience.

Strawberries and whipcream????:ssex:

jimnyc
06-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm always broke. Women ain't getting the dinner UNTIL they put out. :laugh2:

Any nice ladies want to share a meal? :)

darin
06-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Then it still makes no sense that the girl who doesn't put out is a whore. Then, she's just a bait-and-switcher.

It does - She's a DINNER whore, not a SEX whore. ;) Maybe Dinner Slut would be fitting?

shattered
06-14-2007, 05:10 PM

:slap::slap::slap:

shattered
06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
It's really unfortunate I didn't check my post count before replying to that. I *could* have made my 1900th post Board Owner Abuse...

jimnyc
06-14-2007, 05:15 PM
:slap::slap::slap:

At least I'm honest!

Seriously though, I never bought into that whole dinner for sex thing. If a guy invites a woman, he shouldn't expect anything other than maybe a pleasant meal. I've brought ladies to Ruth's Chris, Mortons & a few high end Italian places in Little Italy. It's mostly a way of showing them that you feel they are worth the expense, nothing more. Plus it's a cool way to get your woman to dress up! Been to plays, movies, amusement parks, beach... Never expected anything other than a good time.

Now, if I should happen to buy anything with diamonds in it for a gift, then she better be getting the edible underwear ready!

shattered
06-14-2007, 05:17 PM
At least I'm honest!

Seriously though, I never bought into that whole dinner for sex thing. If a guy invites a woman, he shouldn't expect anything other than maybe a pleasant meal. I've brought ladies to Ruth's Chris, Mortons & a few high end Italian places in Little Italy. It's mostly a way of showing them that you feel they are worth the expense, nothing more. Plus it's a cool way to get your woman to dress up! Been to plays, movies, amusement parks, beach... Never expected anything other than a good time.

Now, if I should happen to buy anything with diamonds in it for a gift, then she better be getting the edible underwear ready!

Nice save. You've redeemed yourself. :D

jimnyc
06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Nice save. You've redeemed yourself. :D

Are you saying you agree with the diamonds=edible underwear thingy? :)

shattered
06-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Are you saying you agree with the diamonds=edible underwear thingy? :)

I'm saying if you're to the point of diamonds, edible underwear are probably already a non-issue. :cool:

06-14-2007, 05:23 PM

maybe its just younger guys with this expectation attitude... but then im a young guy and find it degrading and insulting to both genders.

06-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Jeeze. Whatever happened to just doing something for another just because you want to...

seems lost on alot of people nowadays.

06-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm saying if you're to the point of diamonds, edible underwear are probably already a non-issue. :cool:

They make edible underwear?

shattered
06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
They make edible underwear?

What're you lookin at ME for? Jim brought it up!

Hobbit
06-14-2007, 05:37 PM
It does - She's a DINNER whore, not a SEX whore. ;) Maybe Dinner Slut would be fitting?

But a whore, by definition, is somebody who does have sex with somebody. Even if you're counting the dinner as the activity related to 'whoring,' a whoring transaction is two-way, and the transaction in question is one-way.

06-14-2007, 05:40 PM
But a whore, by definition, is somebody who does have sex with somebody. Even if you're counting the dinner as the activity related to 'whoring,' a whoring transaction is two-way, and the transaction in question is one-way.

people can whore themselves without sex.

darin
06-14-2007, 05:42 PM

That's a SEX whore. A Dinner Whore is, by definition, somebody who DOES have DINNER with somebody. Repeatedly. :)

Dinner-Whoring is two way: 1) The man buys the food. 2) the woman consumes it and blesses the man w/ her company and the flirt of, or insinuation of sex. :)

Hagbard Celine
06-14-2007, 05:44 PM
That's a SEX whore. A Dinner Whore is, by definition, somebody who DOES have DINNER with somebody. Repeatedly. :)

Dinner-Whoring is two way: 1) The man buys the food. 2) the woman consumes it and blesses the man w/ her company and the flirt of, or insinuation of sex. :)

A woman who insinuates sex without delivering the goods is not a blessing.

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 05:44 PM

I love that quality in a woman !!!!!

darin
06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
A woman who insinuates sex without delivering the goods is not a blessing.

I should have been more clear - the woman who takes Expensive dinners justifies herself by saying "...but he gets the pleasure of my company!" when, if she REALLY wanted to 'bless' him, from his perspective, he'd have the pleasure of her panties on his bedroom floor.

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 05:51 PM
I should have been more clear - the woman who takes Expensive dinners justifies herself by saying "...but he gets the pleasure of my company!" when, if she REALLY wanted to 'bless' him, from his perspective, he'd have the pleasure of her panties on his bedroom floor.

Well if 17 more women take me out to dinner and then hint around about wanting sex with me I'm gonna think about not accepting dinner invitations anymore. End of Story !!!!! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-14-2007, 06:06 PM

I'm more hungry afterwards, anyway. :coffee:

Abbey Marie
06-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Well if 17 more women take me out to dinner and then hint around about wanting sex with me I'm gonna think about not accepting dinner invitations anymore. End of Story !!!!! :laugh2:

You could always have a romantic evening with your relatives on the boat. :eek::D

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 06:11 PM
You could always have a romantic evening with your relatives on the boat. :eek::D

:lol:

I try to use them as a last resort :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-14-2007, 06:14 PM
:lol:

I try to use them as a last resort :laugh2:

Don't we all! :laugh2:

Dilloduck
06-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm more hungry afterwards, anyway. :coffee:

Eat by yourself a lot, do ya ? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Dinner... shminner... I'm an equal opportunity person. SHE can take ME to dinner, or we can go dutch. I'm not buying squat until I know my investment is worth it, and sex isn't what I'm talking about. I would NOT CASUALY lay out $100 for no good reason.

Yurt
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
avatar4321;77332]Been hanging out at another board and there has been a discussion on so called "dinner whores" all week. Its a nickname these guys on the board have been giving women who don't put out when the guy pays for dinner. I find the whole concept completely degrading and disrespectful and I cant figure out how any man can look at a woman like that.

So they want a whore? If I give you this, you will give me sex.

I've been almost shocked at how many men seem to think paying for dinner means he should get laid. What the heck is this world coming to?

Why are you shocked? I have known many men who think they should get sex for much less than dinner. For that matter, I have known a few women like that as well. They think that if they just tell a guy to "have sex" with me that he will start to drool, get that puppy dog look and say, ok. I have personally had two girls (in college) do that. It really turned me off. Especially the one who wanted to do it right on the 50 yard line. Goes both ways, IMO.

Anyway the discussion has digressed to a few different topics that made me question the sanity of some people.

$50? Man, you have reasonable rate restaraunts where you live. I easily spend $80-100 at a good restaraunt around these parts. With tip, I never walk away under $60 dollars at "average" restaurants. I am sure if I lived in Manu's hood, I would pay much more. :) The big San Fran and all.

There was also a digression that women spend more on the date getting ready... i find that very hard to believe. one woman totalled $400 for a date... seriously why on earth would she think a man would want to date a woman who spends that much on a dinner date?

Have you ever asked that "man?" The answer might surprise you.

I just dont understand how anyone can be like this. Its difficult enough affording going out paying for a $20 date. why on earth would anyone pay that much money for anything that didnt have some sort of microchip or real estate attached to it?

Anyway Id love to see what everyone here thinks

Bro, you are cool guy, but your second to last sentence surprised me. That didn't have some microchip or real estate attached ot it? Is a true woman not worth more than a microchip or real estate?

I am interested in what you think?

5stringJeff
06-14-2007, 08:34 PM

1. I would never take a woman to a place where the total bill ws > $60 unless I was proposing.

2. Buying an expensive dinner for a girl doesn't mean that you are entitled to get laid. It's a high-risk, high-reward investment.

3. I am such a dinner whore. :)

Yurt
06-14-2007, 08:35 PM
1. I would never take a woman to a place where the total bill ws > $60 unless I was proposing.

2. Buying an expensive dinner for a girl doesn't mean that you are entitled to get laid. It's a high-risk, high-reward investment.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

And you never know the yield

shattered
06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Uh. When did we become investments, and when did you start profit/loss spreadsheets in regards to another human being?

Pale Rider
06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
So the gist of this thread is, women who have sex for food. Doesn't sound much like a date if they do. It sounds so much more like a hook up, and not so different than a man going to one of the brothels that dot the country side around here. Those men are just taking the chance out of the equation. They're skipping dinner, and going straight for the sex. I don't see that as being any worse than a man expecting to get his rocks off after buying some broad a steak. Same thing, except at the brothel, you KNOW you're getting some action for sure. And if the woman is the type of woman that does put out for a steak, then she's every bit as much of a hooker as the girls around here in the brothels. Yup... a dinner whore. Might as well stand out on the street corner with a sign that says, "I will fuck for food."

Yurt
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Uh. When did we become investments, and when did you start profit/loss spreadsheets in regards to another human being?

I think it was a joke...

Yurt
06-14-2007, 09:32 PM
So the gist of this thread is, women who have sex for food. Doesn't sound much like a date if they do. It sounds so much more like a hook up, and not so different than a man going to one of the brothels that dot the country side around here. Those men are just taking the chance out of the equation. They're skipping dinner, and going straight for the sex. I don't see that as being any worse than a man expecting to get his rocks off after buying some broad a steak. Same thing, except at the brothel, you KNOW you're getting some action for sure. And if the woman is the type of woman that does put out for a steak, then she's every bit as much of a hooker as the girls around here in the brothels. Yup... a dinner whore. Might as well stand out on the street corner with a sign that says, "I will fuck for food."

Yep

jackass
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Like I said, glad I'm not out there dating these days. They'd probably think I was a prude.

BTW, of course you'd stick up for men you being one and all:poke:

Its funny you bring that up...I was talking to a 25 yr old woman and she agreed with me about the whole oral sex thing. I wasnt really sticking up for the men...just saying its not just our fault! :)

manu1959
06-14-2007, 10:32 PM
i used to love hitting the restaurant circuit.......blew tons of money.....it was a blast

Gunny
06-14-2007, 10:36 PM

You're kidding, right? $60? I take you don't frequent any of the finer establishments in DC.:laugh2:

Gunny
06-14-2007, 10:38 PM
i used to love hitting the restaurant circuit.......blew tons of money.....it was a blast

I hear ya. I dropped $200. on a meal (for two) in Georgetown one time. Wasn't even that good.

manu1959
06-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I hear ya. I dropped $200. on a meal (for two) in Georgetown one time. Wasn't even that good.

check this out...this got me my wife

http://www.frenchlaundry.com/tfl/frenchlaundry.htm

06-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Dinner... shminner... I'm an equal opportunity person. SHE can take ME to dinner, or we can go dutch. I'm not buying squat until I know my investment is worth it, and sex isn't what I'm talking about. I would NOT CASUALY lay out $100 for no good reason.

Amen brother!

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 03:20 AM

I agree. A lot of talking goes on during dinner, whether it's just the couple or with friends. Movies, plays, concerts are certainly enjoyable, but are not conducive to talking.

Sitarro
06-15-2007, 04:03 AM

Exactly, the world is a very different place, why is it up to the man to do everything........ equal rights means equal everything.....right? I know I can go to P.F. Changs and get a dynamite meal for two for well under 50 bucks..... if she wants to drink 50 bucks worth of alcohol that's a red flag to me.

If it's really up to me I would rather get some Chinese takeout and go to the beach and eat under the moonlight with a great bottle of wine after. In Galveston you can drive out onto the beach so you can put a blanket in the pickup bed, light a few candles, listen to the waves crashing and dig in.....no sand in the wrong places.

Of course it's also a good idea to be armed just in case.

remie
06-15-2007, 08:26 AM

Me too. Loved it while I was dating my wife and love it still after years of marriage. In fact hitting the circuit tonight to celebrate our anniversary. Probably will drop a couple hundred no problem.

shattered
06-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I can see where it would be a good idea, and very impressive to take your date somewhere where it's a good idea to be armed. :cool:

Hagbard Celine
06-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I can see where it would be a good idea, and very impressive to take your date somewhere where it's a good idea to be armed. :cool:

???

shattered
06-15-2007, 09:09 AM
???

The last line of post #66.

Abbey Marie
06-15-2007, 09:15 AM
The last line of post #66.

I figured he meant you should bring a condom. :laugh2:

darin
06-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm a little taken back by a bunch of guys bragging about how cheap they are! :)

Look, if I have the hots for lady, I'd easily spend $100 or $1000 on an experience with her. No, no, No jokes about "The Chicken Ranch" or anything else, you Nevada folks! :)

Abbey Marie
06-15-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm a little taken back by a bunch of guys bragging about how cheap they are! :)

Look, if I have the hots for lady, I'd easily spend $100 or $1000 on an experience with her. No, no, No jokes about "The Chicken Ranch" or anything else, you Nevada folks! :)

I'm not surprised, really. I think fewer women than ever behave in a way that commands respect from men, and they are treated accordingly.

darin
06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I respect YOU, Abbey.

What're you doin saturday evening? :)

Abbey Marie
06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
I respect YOU, Abbey.

What're you doin saturday evening? :)

Good question!

06-15-2007, 12:58 PM

Id never go to a restaurant to propose to a woman. its to cliche and public.

Give me a picnic dinner in a secluded park area anytime.

Sitarro
06-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Well I guess that rules your high-maintenance ass out, forget about going to Galveston with me. If you are anywhere secluded you better be armed in today's world.I'll take a cowgirl over a princess anyday, they know what is really important and an overpriced bullshit restaurant aint it. They also understand what the "being armed thing" is about.

I did preface that with "If it's really up to me", I just happen to be stuck in Texas rather than Colorado where it would be.....chinese takeout in Rocky Mountain National Park with a woman that would actually "get" how much more special that is than any restaurant around a bunch of people you would never want to be around listening to music you would never pick to listen to and eating an overpriced, poorly cooked meal that is someone elses idea of what is worth a shit. If that's what rings your bell, have at it.

shattered
06-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Well I guess that rules your high-maintenance ass out, forget about going to Galveston with me. If you are anywhere secluded you better be armed in today's world.I'll take a cowgirl over a princess anyday, they know what is really important and an overpriced bullshit restaurant aint it. They also understand what the "being armed thing" is about.

I did preface that with "If it's really up to me", I just happen to be stuck in Texas rather than Colorado where it would be.....chinese takeout in Rocky Mountain National Park with a woman that would actually "get" how much more special that is than any restaurant around a bunch of people you would never want to be around listening to music you would never pick to listen to and eating an overpriced, poorly cooked meal that is someone elses idea of what is worth a shit. If that's what rings your bell, have at it.

As if there were EVER a chance in hell of that.. *shudders* Ick. If by "high maintenance", you mean "has taste", hey... I'm good with that.

But, man. Is there anything you're not bitter about?

There's nothing wrong with either of the types of places you mentioned - until you throw in a "hold on - I gotta go back and get my gun, just in case we need it."

Gunny
06-16-2007, 07:33 AM

Shit, I'd take here anywhere she wanted to go ....

Sitarro
06-16-2007, 07:38 AM
As if there were EVER a chance in hell of that.. *shudders* Ick. If by "high maintenance", you mean "has taste", hey... I'm good with that.

But, man. Is there anything you're not bitter about?

There's nothing wrong with either of the types of places you mentioned - until you throw in a "hold on - I gotta go back and get my gun, just in case we need it."

Like you would ever have a chance with me, you calling me bitter is like Ted Kennedy calling Guiliani liberal. No, I mean high maintenance because you are a status over performance type, it shows with your choices in cooking equipment.

I am a realist, I carry a gun with me everywhere and the woman I date not only know it but will gladly take it from me and do the shooting themselves. In "The Park" in Colorado, a bear or lion may smell your Lo mein and come looking, a shot or 2 in the air will hopefully scare him away. In Galveston, a New Orleans "refugee" may smell civilization and decide he wants to steal it, a shot to the head and one to the chest will get rid of that threat.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

shattered
06-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Like you would ever have a chance with me, you calling me bitter is like Ted Kennedy calling Guiliani liberal. No, I mean high maintenance because you are a status over performance type, it shows with your choices in cooking equipment.

I am a realist, I carry a gun with me everywhere and the woman I date not only know it but will gladly take it from me and do the shooting themselves. In "The Park" in Colorado, a bear or lion may smell your Lo mein and come looking, a shot or 2 in the air will hopefully scare him away. In Galveston, a New Orleans "refugee" may smell civilization and decide he wants to steal it, a shot to the head and one to the chest will get rid of that threat.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

What?! So.. because I choose to buy what I consider the best right off the bat so I don't have to replace it again in 5 years, that makes me high maintenance?

Shiiiit.

Ok, I'm good with that, too.:laugh2:

Gunny
06-16-2007, 07:44 AM

So, do you carry a brand-name, high quality, tried-n-true handgun? Or a $75 brick that throws bullets?

shattered
06-16-2007, 07:50 AM
See, Mr. P? I told you my cookware was better than yours. I don't see you getting accused of being a stuck up high-maintenance man. :finger3:

shattered
06-16-2007, 07:56 AM
So, do you carry a brand-name, high quality, tried-n-true handgun? Or a $75 brick that throws bullets?

He probably carries just the brick. Women have to work up to bullet-worthy status.

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:02 AM
He probably carries just the brick. Women have to work up to bullet-worthy status.

Not to worry. You are DEFINITELY worth a bullet to me.;)

shattered
06-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Not to worry. You are DEFINITELY worth a bullet to me.;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/woohoo.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/happy.gif

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/woohoo.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/happy.gif

:lmao:

Why do I think that one kind of zoomed right over?:poke:

shattered
06-16-2007, 08:14 AM
:lmao:

Why do I think that one kind of zoomed right over?:poke:

No, it didn't. I merely glossed over the fact that it could be taken two ways, and just decided to be "positive". :D

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:18 AM
No, it didn't. I merely glossed over the fact that it could be taken two ways, and just decided to be "positive". :D

:)

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:40 AM
What .... did I say something wrong?:dunno:

shattered
06-16-2007, 08:42 AM
What .... did I say something wrong?:dunno:

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:44 AM

I guess this means dinner is out?:laugh2:

shattered
06-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I guess this means dinner is out?:laugh2:

We've already discussed how I like my skin intact just the way it is. My head is also nicely placed upon my shoulders - no sense in dislocating that for your amusement, either.

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:49 AM
We've already discussed how I like my skin intact just the way it is. My head is also nicely placed upon my shoulders - no sense in dislocating that for your amusement, either.

Just what are you trying to say?:laugh2:

shattered
06-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Just what are you trying to say?:laugh2:

Well, if you tell me which word you're unclear on.. ;)

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Well, if you tell me which word you're unclear on.. ;)

I just don't understand why you people all think I want to kill everything. I haven't broken ALL my toys.:(

shattered
06-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I just don't understand why you people all think I want to kill everything. I haven't broken ALL my toys.:(

I don't know what would ever give the impression you want to break everything...Bad Santa.

Gunny
06-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't know what would ever give the impression you want to break everything...Bad Santa.

:smoke:

shattered
06-16-2007, 09:12 AM
:smoke:

*flicks that outta your mouth and runs like hell*

Gunny
06-16-2007, 09:28 AM
*flicks that outta your mouth and runs like hell*

You DO know how much smokes cost nowadays, right? :slap:

shattered
06-16-2007, 09:31 AM
You DO know how much smokes cost nowadays, right? :slap:

Why do you think I'm running?

Gunny
06-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Why do you think I'm running?

You can run ....but you'll only die tired.:dev:

shattered
06-16-2007, 09:57 AM
You can run ....but you'll only die tired.:dev:

Bullets..bodily harm..death.. It's no wonder I find you so damned entertaining.. Tho, moreso when it's directed at someone elses body, rather than my own...

Gunny
06-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Bullets..bodily harm..death.. It's no wonder I find you so damned entertaining.. Tho, moreso when it's directed at someone elses body, rather than my own...

***twirls roll of duct tape on index finger***

Oh? And how's that?

shattered
06-16-2007, 10:04 AM
***twirls roll of duct tape on index finger***

Oh? And how's that?

Gotta go!

:eek::scared:

Gunny
06-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Gotta go!

:eek::scared: