PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian gov dissolved

theHawk
06-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Looks like hamas has taken over, with their AK-47s.

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- President Mahmoud Abbas dismissed the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority government and declared a state of emergency Thursday after four days of fighting that has left Hamas in control of much of Gaza, an aide to the Palestinian leader said.

The move comes after Hamas announced Thursday that Gaza is now under its Islamic rule, the first step to becoming an Islamic state.

Under the state of emergency, Abbas will have the authority replace the current Hamas Cabinet with his Fatah allies. The temporary Cabinet would have to be approved by the Palestinian Legislative Council after 30 days.

Currently, there is no government control in Gaza, according to Palestinian legislator Saeb Erakat.

"Gaza is now officially out of our control as the Palestinian Authority," said Erakat, who is aligned with the Fatah party.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/14/gaza/index.html

darin
06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Would Isael beind going the world a favor if we stood back and let them clean up that mess?

Kathianne
06-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Should Israel just stand back and see what happens? Should they now really attack Hamas, which has pledged the destruction of Israel? I don't think Fatah can be brought back.

glockmail
06-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Looks like hamas has taken over, with their AK-47s.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/14/gaza/index.html

:popcorn:

Yurt
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Would Isael beind going the world a favor if we stood back and let them clean up that mess?

Would it matter who cleaned up?

I tell you, for over a thousand years these muslims can't stop fighting. Maybe we should just let them kill each other. At least until it affects us...

Yurt
06-14-2007, 07:58 PM
:popcorn:

:clap:

glockmail
06-14-2007, 08:55 PM
:clap:
If I have to say so myself, I think this should be nominated for "best use of popcorn smilie". :laugh2:

Yurt
06-15-2007, 08:51 PM
If I have to say so myself, I think this should be nominated for "best use of popcorn smilie". :laugh2:

Ladies and Gentlemen it is.... :)

5stringJeff
06-16-2007, 04:15 PM
So Hamas controls Gaza, and Fatah controls the West Bank.

Would that Israel rolled in and took control over both.

Kathianne
06-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Here's what the Palestinians think of Israel and what Israel will do, links at site:

http://newsbusters.org/node/13511

Will Media Report Palestinians Fleeing Gaza For Israel?
Posted by Noel Sheppard on June 16, 2007 - 14:30.

Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs pointed out an interesting situation developing in war-stricken Gaza that will likely put America’s anti-Israel press in a peculiar position (emphasis added):

According to the international left and the paleo-right, Israel is a fascist apartheid state, a brutal occupier, universally despised by the oppressed Palestinian people.

So where do the oppressed Palestinians look for sanctuary, when the terrorist government they elected begins the inevitable slaughter?

The extraordinary answer was contained in the caption to the Associated Press picture above right (emphasis added):

Palestinians run as they try to cross to the Israel side at the Erez Crossing, in the northern Gaza Strip, Saturday, June 16, 2007. Dozens of Palestinians converged on the Erez crossing with Israel on Saturday, trying to leave the Gaza Strip following Hamas’ takeover.

The Jerusalem Post confirmed these crossing attempts Saturday:

Earlier, dozens of Palestinians arrived at the Erez Crossing in an attempt to escape the Gaza Strip and enter Israel. IDF soldiers shot into the air to try to prevent the approaching crowds from infiltrating through the security fence.

Many of the Palestinians arrived at the crossing carrying large suitcases and were planning to run away from the Strip following Hamas's takeover.

One young man shouted "bye, bye, Gaza," and waved as he walked through the covered walkway that leads to the Israeli side.

Potentially more interesting is the humanitarian aid being offered by Israel:

Fearful of a looming humanitarian disaster, Israel will allow food and other basic supplies into the Gaza Strip following Hamas's takeover of the coastal area, a senior government minister said Saturday.

"Our consideration is the humanitarian issue. Allowing merchandise through Karni in order to prevent hunger in Gaza is what will guide Israel to allow merchandise," Public Security Minister Avi Dichter told Channel 2.

Will American media report any of this, or, as what was in a Boston Globe editorial Thursday, spin this humanitarian disaster to be all Israel’s fault?