PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly: Megyn Kelly is Right, Santa is White Read Latest Breaking News from Newsma

Jeff
12-17-2013, 07:31 AM
OK I did look for the original post but I couldn't find it, but now we have O'Reilly putting his 2 cents in, IMO Santa can be anything the child wishes him to be as for Jesus I believe he is white but I doubt God is going to be to upset if a young black boy was to think of him as black :eek: I mean living your life the right way is what it is all about not the color of the skin, must be a slow news week .

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html)defendedfellow Fox host Megyn Kelly Monday night, saying that Santa Claus is indeed white. But, he noted, it doesn't really matter.

Kelly came under fire last week after saying that both Santa and Jesus were white men. She was responding to a Slate article by Aisha Harris, who wrote an opinion piece titled "Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore. (http://www.slate.com/articles/life/holidays/2013/12/santa_claus_an_old_white_man_not_anymore_meet_sant a_the_penguin_a_new_christmas.html)

"When I saw this headline I kinda laughed and I said, 'Oh, this is ridiculous. Yet another person claiming it’s racist to have a white Santa,'" Kelly said. "And by the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white."

A firestorm of criticism erupted, especially after Kelly had just told "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno days earlier that she isn't one of the opinion hosts on Fox News.

Critics said St. Nicholas, the model for Santa Claus, was from what is modern-day Turkey, and Jesus was a Middle-Eastern Jew. Both had dark skin, they said.

But O'Reilly said Turks today don't consider themselves nonwhite.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/santa-kelly-OReilly-Christmas/2013/12/16/id/542185?ns_mail_uid=65343364&ns_mail_job=1550470_12162013&promo_code=15F8C-1

tailfins
12-17-2013, 11:19 AM
O'Reilly and Kelly are factually wrong. Nicholas the Wonderworker had Turkish features.

Jeff
12-17-2013, 01:57 PM
O'Reilly and Kelly are factually wrong. Nicholas the Wonderworker had Turkish features.

They covered it tailfins , O'Reily had a answer for that as well .

Critics said St. Nicholas, the model for Santa Claus, was from what is modern-day Turkey, and Jesus was a Middle-Eastern Jew. Both had dark skin, they said.

But O'Reilly said Turks today don't consider themselves nonwhite.

aboutime
12-17-2013, 02:05 PM

tailfins. WHY is this so Important for you to absolutely come here to continue arguing over such a mundane, unimportant topic...just before Christmas?

Maybe this will help the rest of us understand your need to always have that 5806

Thunderknuckles
12-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Santa is a fat old white man with a beard who lives at the north pole. Why is he white? Because white people made him up.
Quetzalcoatl is a brown skinned serpent god who gave corn to mankind. Why is he brown? Because the native americans made him up.
Lu Dongbin is the asian leader of the eight immortals who helps people obtain wisdom. Why is he asian? Because the asians made him up.

So, as long as were gonna make Santa a race neutral figure, let's do the same for every other cultural mythological figure so we can all be one big happy "beige" family. Oh, and none of them get to be a man either but rather some sort of transgendered, man/woman, hermaphrodite. That should make the LGBTQ[...] community happy.

aboutime
12-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Santa is a fat old white man with a beard who lives at the north pole. Why is he white? Because white people made him up.
Quetzalcoatl is a brown skinned serpent god who gave corn to mankind. Why is he brown? Because the native americans made him up.
Lu Dongbin is the asian leader of the eight immortals who helps people obtain wisdom. Why is he asian? Because the asians made him up.

So, as long as were gonna make Santa a race neutral figure, let's do the same for every other cultural mythological figure so we can all be one big happy "beige" family. Oh, and none of them get to be a man either but rather some sort of transgendered, man/woman, hermaphrodite. That should make the LGBTQ[...] community happy.

WHY NOT just let the kids....WHO DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR HE IS....have their fun?

Truth is. I don't care whether the IMAGINARY Christmas, fat guy is invisible, or has any color.

Five of our Grandkids will enjoy Christmas like NORMAL children should, until idiot's step forward, like this story...and take all the fun out of everything because IDIOTS are miserable fools.

Thunderknuckles
12-17-2013, 02:39 PM
WHY NOT just let the kids....WHO DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR HE IS....have their fun?

Truth is. I don't care whether the IMAGINARY Christmas, fat guy is invisible, or has any color.

Five of our Grandkids will enjoy Christmas like NORMAL children should, until idiot's step forward, like this story...and take all the fun out of everything because IDIOTS are miserable fools.
I agree for the most part but the larger argument is why is it only white people who must sacrifice their cultural and mythological traditions at the alter of multi-culturalism?

jimnyc
12-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Santa is a fat white bastard. I've seen him, many times. I've had ornaments made in his image. I've had many, many decorations made in his image. They were all white. I've seen him in endless malls and other places, delighting the kids and letting them take a picture on his lap. He did this for black kids, white kids, asian kids - he accepted all kids. Every time I saw him he was white. I've seen him in countless cartoon and real movies, always white. Don't fix what was never broken.

http://imageshack.com/a/img18/5946/877v.jpg

aboutime
12-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I agree for the most part but the larger argument is why is it only white people who must sacrifice their cultural and mythological traditions at the alter of multi-culturalism?

Thunderknuckles. I refuse to SACRIFICE anything to Idiots, Racists, or Jerks who think because THEY are offended, insulted, or bothered by EVERYTHING they don't like..just to make their miserable, lonely, uneducated lives equally Miserable for people like me.

I always remember. The U.S.Constitution will NEVER take away their RIGHT to be DUMB,or STUPID.

tailfins
12-17-2013, 04:58 PM
tailfins. WHY is this so Important for you to absolutely come here to continue arguing over such a mundane, unimportant topic...just before Christmas?

Maybe this will help the rest of us understand your need to always have that 5806

By definition, a post is the last word in a thread until another more recent post is made. Isn't technology wonderful?

aboutime
12-17-2013, 05:00 PM
By definition, a post is the last word in a thread until another more recent post is made. Isn't technology wonderful?

Sure thing. And, it also allows you to NEVER actually answer a question.

CSM
12-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Being the picker of nits that I am ...

Saint Nicholas was born Greek in Asia Minor. Asia Minor did not become Turkish until long after Saint Nick was dead. The Greeks had "colonies" all over Asia Minor before and after the Turks came. So it is very possible that good ol' Santa Claus was white. The Catholic church has his bones stashed away someplace so I suppose they could run some DNA tests and figure it all out if anyone really gave a rats ass what some racist thinks 3000 years later.

It amazes me that absolutely nothing is above being turned into an issue of race. The whole race thing is almost as big a money maker for some as global warming is for others.

Jeff
12-18-2013, 08:05 AM
It amazes me that absolutely nothing is above being turned into an issue of race. The whole race thing is almost as big a money maker for some as global warming is for others.

Honestly I think it is becoming more of a issue to many.

poet
12-18-2013, 11:18 AM

Um, not to get started out on the wrong foot, but it isn't only white people who have to sacrifice their traditions, language, and beliefs....that happened to black people from the onset of slavery....and pretty much to every immigrant, regardless of their point of origin, assimilating into the American Dream. Multiculturalism is the way of the future, as borders are stripped away and information exchange increases. And isn't it great to celebrate everyone's POV, equally, instead of being directed by the majority or special interests.

aboutime
12-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Um, not to get started out on the wrong foot, but it isn't only white people who have to sacrifice their traditions, language, and beliefs....that happened to black people from the onset of slavery....and pretty much to every immigrant, regardless of their point of origin, assimilating into the American Dream. Multiculturalism is the way of the future, as borders are stripped away and information exchange increases. And isn't it great to celebrate everyone's POV, equally, instead of being directed by the majority or special interests.

poet. That's not really the argument. Dumb, insulted...or so they claim...adults are the one's making all the noise EVERY YEAR. Trying to control what others think, feel, remember, celebrate, and like as traditional things to make them feel happy..but really end up showing all of us how miserable their life really is by ALWAYS FINDING SOMETHING to complain about all the time.
It's one of the unintended consequences of our FREEDOM OF SPEECH, where some ABUSE it to get MOB RULE in the end.

My opinion is. LET THE CHILDREN DECIDE what they want, and don't want to think, enjoy, and celebrate and keep all the Scatter-brained adults out of the picture.
The children are proving THEY are smarter than the adults making all the noise.