PDA

View Full Version : Almost got towed

jimnyc
12-17-2013, 12:03 PM
A friend stopped by and we went for a quick spin. Got to the center of town and passed a grammar school and a cop car came out of nowhere and pulled behind us. She stayed in the car for a minute, likely running his plates. She came to the car and immediately zoned in on the registration, which in NY gets a sticker on your windshield. She took his info and back to the car. She came back, said she had pulled him over for going too fast in a school zone, but no ticket. BUT, motor vehicle had reported that his insurance had lapsed. Shit, didn't know they could tell that from the police cars these days. He had a valid card, so they were cool and told him to immediately call his insurance company and DMV to get it straightened out. (I say "they" as the supervisor pulled up). I thought for sure he was getting towed when they said it was reported to have no insurance. And we have a few inches of snow on the ground and it's still snowing, that walk would have sucked! :lol:

CSM
12-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I feel so much more secure knowing the police are keeping an eye on criminals like you two!

jimnyc
12-17-2013, 12:40 PM
I feel so much more secure knowing the police are keeping an eye on criminals like you two!

Of course he rolled his window down for the police, and from experience, I also rolled down the passenger side so that the police can see clearly into the vehicle. There were technically 3 there in total, and I saw on creeping up the passenger side with his hand ready to grab his gun if necessary. Perhaps it's just habit, but I was like "Damn!" fucker gonna shoot me because he doesn't have proper insurance! LOL

Here's another funny from NY, where the cops go to a guys DRIVEWAY and are talking about perhaps going to ticket him for simply washing his car - in his own driveway. I hate NY sometimes.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=3f68c8ec2e3b" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CSM
12-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Of course he rolled his window down for the police, and from experience, I also rolled down the passenger side so that the police can see clearly into the vehicle. There were technically 3 there in total, and I saw on creeping up the passenger side with his hand ready to grab his gun if necessary. Perhaps it's just habit, but I was like "Damn!" fucker gonna shoot me because he doesn't have proper insurance! LOL

Here's another funny from NY, where the cops go to a guys DRIVEWAY and are talking about perhaps going to ticket him for simply washing his car - in his own driveway. I hate NY sometimes.

<iframe height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=3f68c8ec2e3b" frameBorder="0" width="640" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Thank goodness! Those guys nearly destroyed the American way of life by washing a car on private property while in public view! What would we do without the ever-vigilant neighbors helping the police to enforce key laws like this one?? There would be anarchy and chaos everywhere!

It could only have been worse if they were eating twinkies and washing them down with 32 ounce sodas!

hjmick
12-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Speeding in a school zone...

Why do Jim and his friends hate children? Why do all conservatives hate children...?

CSM
12-17-2013, 01:08 PM

Why do Jim and his friends hate children? Why do all conservatives hate children...?

I can answer that ... they hate children because they grow up to be ADULTS! Empirical data ... as I am a conservative and that is exactly why I hate children.

revelarts
12-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Thank goodness! Those guys nearly destroyed the American way of life by washing a car on private property while in public view! What would we do without the ever-vigilant neighbors helping the police to enforce key laws like this one?? There would be anarchy and chaos everywhere!

It could only have been worse if they were eating twinkies and washing them down with 32 ounce sodas!

And Smokin' in public!, selling lemonde without a license, having something that looks like it might be gun... in a syroform cup and then got upset as they stopped and frisked them...

But hey , it's the law.
they complain with their votes, until then OBEY

aboutime
12-17-2013, 02:11 PM

hjmick. Maybe they hate children...as you say, because WE all know. Eventually, those children grow up to become a Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barack Obama, Gabby, FJ, Arbo, and a wide assortment of other miserable, liberal examples of why Republicans/Conservatives should just
SHUT-UP about Roe V. Wade, and all things Abortion related?????

Drummond
12-17-2013, 02:14 PM
hjmick. Maybe they hate children...as you say, because WE all know. Eventually, those children grow up to become a Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barack Obama, Gabby, FJ, Arbo, and a wide assortment of other miserable, liberal examples of why Republicans/Conservatives should just
SHUT-UP about Roe V. Wade, and all things Abortion related?????

--- AAARRRRGGHH !!!!!!:bang3::bang3::bang3:

fj1200
12-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Wow, somebody's got it bad and also makes a great case for self-imposed euthanasia. ;)

aboutime
12-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Wow, somebody's got it bad and also makes a great case for self-imposed euthanasia. ;)

So, take your own advice/recommendation and START WITHOUT THE REST OF US fj.

Kathianne
12-17-2013, 10:02 PM

I got a ticket for that once, $350 for going 24 in school zone, the cop swore there was a child. No way there was, wasn't even a crossing guard and they are there 1/2 before and 1/2 hour after. 2nd offense is suspension of license.