PDA

View Full Version : At least one group is still happy to sign up for Obamacare

Little-Acorn
12-18-2013, 08:20 PM
It seems like everybody under the sun is upset at the effects Obama care will have on them, from huge cost increases to loss of a favorite doctor or health plan to harsh penalties if they don't toe the line.

But finally, the news media has discovered one group that is happy to sign up.

Yes, I'm completely serious. And so are they.

------------------------------------------

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/nevada-prostitutes-praise-obamacare-law-will-force-insurers-to-cover-them-r

Nevada prostitutes praise Obamacare: law will force insurers to cover them regardless of risk

by Kirsten Andersen
Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:50 EST

MOUND HOUSE, NV, December 10, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Prostitutes at Nevada’s Moonlight Bunny Ranch brothel appear to be among the few remaining Americans still excited about Obamacare.

After the disastrous rollout of the president’s signature health care legislation, the law’s approval rating has dropped to a dismal 33 percent, and a new poll by Gallup showed that the more Americans learn about the plan, the less they like it.

But the women at Bunny Ranch told KRNV-TV that Obamacare is “truly a blessing” for prostitutes like them, because under the law they cannot be refused coverage, even though they put their health at risk every day by having sex with strangers.

Until now, insurers were reluctant to sell coverage to prostitutes because their job puts them at increased risk for costly, incurable and even life-threatening STDs.

But now, insurance companies cannot say no – and as long as a prostitute makes less than four times the federal poverty limit, she will be eligible for taxpayer-funded subsidies to help cover the cost of her premiums, which are likely to be high given her dangerous work.

“Having this profession, we aren’t exactly offered group health insurance,” prostitute Taylor Lee told KRNV-TV. “It’s hard because I do have a pre-existing condition [too much information? -LA] so I really support Obamacare. I’m excited.”