PDA

View Full Version : Copper died

glockmail
12-19-2013, 09:42 PM
This was the dog about 1/4 mile down the road. His owners, a family with three kids youngest 19, lived its entire life of about 15 years tied to chain behind the house. I am so glad to see his years of neglect and suffering end. I pray for his poor soul that he may finally have his happiness and freedom.

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2013, 06:58 AM
had a situation like that with my backyard neighbor while the kids were growing up......to top it off they used to clean his kennel by hosing the dog turds through the fence into our yard......

glockmail
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
It's really terrible how some people treat their dogs.

A guy I know used to pen his up at the back corner of his yard with 8' fencing. When he moved the neighborhood only allowed him 6' fencing which wasn't enough to keep the dog from trying to escape to freedom. So he tied it up with a steel cable inside the pen. One night I got a call from his wife, since he was out of town. The dog had scaled the fence and hung himself on the way down. She was crying, her two kids were crying. I had to cut the cable with the crappy tools that he had in his basement, and it took me forever. Then I hoisted the 100# dog into the back of my SUV, and took it to my vet the next morning for disposal. All the folks at the vet were crying.

Another time I was driving through downtown after a snow. Here in the South a little snow means the streets are completely empty. I came up on this dog walking down the center of the street dragging a 30' chain. Knowing that this would not end well I stopped my SUV and managed to convince the poor creature to get in the back. The chain was fastened around his neck with a rusted bolt and I didn't have two vice grip wrenches to get it off. I hauled it to the City pound, and when the women there saw it they were practically crying. That dog was probably ten years old and that chain had been bolted around its neck the entire time. I'm sure the owner never picked him up, at least I hope not.

SassyLady
12-21-2013, 03:34 AM
I have neighbors that grow pot. They have about ten little Chihuahuas to make noise if anyone comes up and they have three pit bulls to encourage visitors to leave. They have one pit that is permanently hoarse due to having been chained for the first few years of his life. I happened to read an article that said a dog can only be on a chain for no more than 12 hours in a 24 hour span of time. I called animal control and they came out and cited the owner. The owner of the dog built a kennel and now the dog runs up and down the kennel trying to bark at everything.

After animal control left I could hear the guy cursing about trying to find out who turned him in. Worried about my dogs for a few weeks. Sometimes it's hard to do the right thing.