PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Shoppers Unwilling To Lose Low Prices To Give Workers High Wages

Jeff
12-21-2013, 08:00 AM
This is funny , yes people supports the minimum wage going up but NO no one wants to pay for it :laugh: I love the fact that the people that I hear screaming the loudest about non professional workers receiving 15 a hour are the ones making 12 or 13 bucks a hour and for some reason think that if the McDonalds workers or ( Walmart workers in this case ) get a raise then there salary will also go up :laugh: At this point in History after 5 years of Obama ya need to be thrilled to receive any pay check.

“Walmart touts “Everyday Low Prices,” but we asked its customers to support ‘Everyday High Wages” instead. We posed as representatives of “15 for 15,” a make-believe organization advocating that Walmart raise prices by 15% and use the extra cash to pay its low-skilled workers $15 per hour. The surcharge would be added to customer’s bills at checkout, just like a gratuity at a restaurant. Not surprisingly few shoppers supported our cause. Even those who felt Walmart workers should be paid more did not want to pay higher prices themselves to make it possible. Those demanding higher wages for Walmart’s workers should consider the importance of low prices to Walmart shoppers.”

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/12/walmart-shoppers-unwilling-lose-low-prices-give-workers-high-wages/

Kathianne
12-21-2013, 11:36 AM
From all that I've read, those screaming for upping the minimum wage or calling for a 'living wage' are long-term minimum wage holders and folks that have a lot of money. The later probably never step foot in a Walmart on principles or having to rub elbows with the riff raff. They also don't eat in fast food restaurants. They are so 'benevolent though in their condescension.

jimnyc
12-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Of course they don't want to help with the increased wages - that money is solely to be spent by the evil corporations! It's just another example of where people expect the more well off to give handouts to others.

aboutime
12-21-2013, 06:53 PM
This is funny , yes people supports the minimum wage going up but NO no one wants to pay for it :laugh: I love the fact that the people that I hear screaming the loudest about non professional workers receiving 15 a hour are the ones making 12 or 13 bucks a hour and for some reason think that if the McDonalds workers or ( Walmart workers in this case ) get a raise then there salary will also go up :laugh: At this point in History after 5 years of Obama ya need to be thrilled to receive any pay check.

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/12/walmart-shoppers-unwilling-lose-low-prices-give-workers-high-wages/

Jeff. Something most people do not know, or understand is. The Unions want the Minimum Wage to increase, and they want it often. That gives their Contract Negotiations more power when they can sit across the table from Company owners, and show how "IT'S THE FAIR THING TO DO" to increase their Union Member wages IF....Non-union workers are getting Increases in the Minimum wage.
The Union Bosses call that "EQUITY" or "EQUALITY" at the bargaining table, and if their members are making $30.00 dollars an hour NOW...they have to stay equal to minimum wage earners who are getting Pay raises.
Of course. Politicians DO NOT WANT....WE THE COMMON FOLK to ever know such things. It takes away their ability to EXTORT, and BLACKMAIL all of us.