PDA

View Full Version : Army's new recruiting tool.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2013, 01:25 PM
If they had gals like this in the army when I was a wild young buck I may have joined up! She sho' is a sweet little thang. ;)--Tyr
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/eagles-honor-former-cheerleader-turned-afghanistan-special-ops-143441405--nfl.html
Eagles will honor former cheerleader turned Afghanistan special ops officer
Jay Busbee
By Jay Busbee On Sunday night, the Philadelphia Eagles will honor one of their own, a former cheerleader who has served two tours in Afghanistan as an Army intelligence officer.

Rachel Washburn, age 25, hasn't had a typical career path, to put it mildly. She joined the Eagles' cheerleading squad from 2007 to 2009 while a student at Drexel University. After graduation, she joined the Army and participated in paratrooper training while ultimately following a path into military intelligence.

Washburn served as part of a Cultural Support Team designed to attach women to existing special ops units with the express purpose of relating more effectively to local women.

"I was always seen as somebody they could relate to and not this American imposter who brings my values to that country," Washburn told USA Today. "We kind of noticed that women everywhere share certain similarities. They obviously care about their home, their children. Women everywhere love pretty things. So if we wore a pretty head scarf, it would be like an icebreaker."

Among her more notable achievements, Washburn helped deliver a baby in a snowstorm. She indicated that her awards included the Bronze Star Medal, an Army Commendation Medal, a Combat Action Badge, an Airborne Badge and an Air Assault Badge.

Washburn has approximately a year left on her obligation to the Army, but indicated she may extend her service to address other issues such as gender equality.

The Eagles will honor Washburn as part of their "Hometown Heroes" program during Sunday night's game against Chicago. Click the link to see her in uniform... mmmm ummmm. ;)-Tyr

aboutime
12-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Tyr. As an Eagles fan. I thank you for posting this story.

And, what I find most striking about the story is...How much more intelligent, brave, and honorable that young lady is than...the person who dares to call himself Our Leader, and President.

She's obviously got more personal integrity, spirit, and honorable intent than Obama could ever dare to dream of having, or even know about.

As for her beauty. That's undeniable, and probably not something she considers one of her best personal traits; based on everything the story has told about her.

Hometown Hero is an Understatement.