PDA

View Full Version : Utah polygamist with FIVE wives and 24 children to get his own TLC reality series

jimnyc
12-21-2013, 03:45 PM
I called this one a long, long way back. The slippery slope. Now we are going to see polygamy on TV as if it's just something else that should be tolerated, and we should sit down with them to understand them. I don't even understand why anyone is giving them the time of day based on their lifestyle, which they will now profit from.

TLC has announced it will air a full series about a progressive polygamous family from Utah that starred in a one-hour pilot earlier this year.

The cable TV network said Thursday it will produce nine, one-hour episodes about Brady Williams and his five wives and 24 children. The first episode is set to debut March 9.

The September pilot episode drew good ratings.

Members of the Williams family are among an estimated 15,000 independent polygamists in the West who don't belong to an organized, fundamentalist Mormon church. Williams and his wives withdrew from the Apostolic United Brethren during the mid-2000s after re-evaluating their core beliefs.

The family no longer teaches the tenets of fundamental Mormonism to their children at home, opting instead to take from other teachings such as Buddhism to instill good, morale values in their two dozen children, who range in age from 2-20.

Their move into the national spotlight comes with much less risk than it would have just a month ago. A federal judge in Utah last week struck down key parts of the state's polygamy laws, saying a provision that forbids cohabitation violates the First Amendment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2527202/Move-Sister-Wives-Utah-polygamist-FIVE-wives-24-children-TLC-reality-series.html

aboutime
12-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I called this one a long, long way back. The slippery slope. Now we are going to see polygamy on TV as if it's just something else that should be tolerated, and we should sit down with them to understand them. I don't even understand why anyone is giving them the time of day based on their lifestyle, which they will now profit from.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2527202/Move-Sister-Wives-Utah-polygamist-FIVE-wives-24-children-TLC-reality-series.html

Jim. Still waiting to hear the first story about the man, or woman who marries their Dog, or Cat, Chipmunk, Hamster, or their favorite House plant that needs lots of Water.

KitchenKitten99
12-21-2013, 04:30 PM
This is nothing new. Sister-wives has been on for a couple years now on TLC.

aboutime
12-21-2013, 04:34 PM
This is nothing new. Sister-wives has been on for a couple years now on TLC.

KitchenKitten. We see the advertisements all the time. But never bother to watch all of that garbage called REALITY shows.

I've only seen small segments of Duck Dynasty to see what, and why our grand kids like it so much. Maybe we're missing something. But I prefer FACTUAL, HONEST stuff like the History, and Military channels.

CSM
12-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Having just one wife is enough of a challenge for me. Five would drive me insane .... and I love my darling bride more than anything in the world! Reality, my ass.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Having just one wife is enough of a challenge for me. Five would drive me insane .... and I love my darling bride more than anything in the world! Reality, my ass. There is a reason in countries that allow multiple wives the man rules as a dictator... It may be great fun to fantasize about having five or ten wives but reality would demand that they be totally dominated by the single male or else it wouldn't work. In cultures where we see such family arrangements we always get to see the male head of the family rules as a dictator with absolute power. And that folks perverts the very meaning of marriage IMHO. THERE IS A VALID REASON THAT MOST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS A MARRAIGE TO BE BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN, ITS CALLED TRUST AND CO-DEPENDENCE. When its right its golden!!! And the typical marriage provides for the best way to raise children. -Tyr

Gaffer
12-23-2013, 12:20 AM
KitchenKitten. We see the advertisements all the time. But never bother to watch all of that garbage called REALITY shows.

I've only seen small segments of Duck Dynasty to see what, and why our grand kids like it so much. Maybe we're missing something. But I prefer FACTUAL, HONEST stuff like the History, and Military channels.

I gave up watching the history channel years ago. Pawn shops and the other semi-reality shows are not history. It use to be one of my favorite channels.

hjmick
12-23-2013, 07:38 AM
TLC.

The Learning Channel.

Just what in the fuck do they expect us to "learn" from shows like this and "Honey Boo Boo?"

Not a lot to learn from The Learning Channel.

And don't get me started on the lack of history over at The History Channel...

Two channels I once frequented often. Now they are lucky if I pause for ten seconds as I scroll through my many options...

aboutime
12-24-2013, 12:41 PM
TLC.

The Learning Channel.

Just what in the fuck do they expect us to "learn" from shows like this and "Honey Boo Boo?"

Not a lot to learn from The Learning Channel.

And don't get me started on the lack of history over at The History Channel...

Two channels I once frequented often. Now they are lucky if I pause for ten seconds as I scroll through my many options...

The Learning Channel's Subtitle should be....."How Political Correctness Rules with Stupidity".

revelarts
12-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Not enough History on the history Channel (Pawnshops and storage wars)
Not enough music on MTV (un-Reality TV and other pure junk)
Not enough Sci-Fi on the Sci-Fi channel (more WWF wrestling)
Not enough Court on Court TV, at least they changed their name to TruTV, but i'm not sure how much Truth is there though.

DragonStryk72
12-24-2013, 08:28 PM

lol, these shows always seem to end up pointing the pitfalls of multiple wives. I have enough issues with one woman at a time, 2+ just ain't gonna work. Really, this isn't as new as people think it is, because most of these shows are actually put together so people can collectively laugh at these people.