PDA

View Full Version : The 2013 Darwin Awards

Kathianne
12-22-2013, 02:17 AM
Oh yeah! Time for a few laughs, but really got to start with the end note:

http://jdgroover.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/the-2013-darwin-awards-are-out/

*****Remember*****

They walk among us, they can reproduce.

Yes, it’s that magical time of year again when the Darwin Awards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us.

Here Is The Glorious Winner:

1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

And Now, The Honorable Mentions:

My two favorites:

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn’t discovered for 3 days.

Missileman
12-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Oh yeah! Time for a few laughs, but really got to start with the end note:

http://jdgroover.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/the-2013-darwin-awards-are-out/

Good stuff, though I'd likely nominate #4 for the "Evil Genius" award. :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-22-2013, 11:13 AM
The bus stop one tickled me. That guy had a cruel selfish heart but was quick on hi feet to come up with that simple "replacement idea". :laugh: I could never do people like that but it was clever. -Tyr

aboutime
12-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Hate to spoil everybody's fun but...the stories listed at the link for 2013...ARE NOT from 2013. I found many of them several years ago, and they have been compiled AGAIN for entertainment purposes.

If you doubt me. Just do your own Google check using the words from each of the stories.

Merry Christmas anyway.

Trigg
12-23-2013, 03:06 PM
LOVE number 10 :laugh:

Almost feel sorry for the guy......almost

Little-Acorn
12-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Not the real Darwin Awards.

In the real Darwin Awards, they only make the list if someone kills himself. Even the runners-up.

There are so many fake Darwin Awards sites, it's impossible to tell which one is real (if any).