PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile

WiccanLiberal
12-22-2013, 12:35 PM
I have been awfully busy and haven't had much time to post. This past week has been very rough. My youngest sister has been seeing physicians for the past few months to diagnose her correctly. She finally had surgery Monday to remove her thyroid gland and is diagnosed with thyroid cancer. The good news is that the general consensus is that thyroid cancer has a very high cure rate. Still this is my baby sister so I still worry. Anyway today is for trying to relax after the Yule celebration yesterday. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate otherwise. May the light of the season enter all our hearts and homes. Right now I am making apple cake and catching up email etc.

Kathianne
12-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I have been awfully busy and haven't had much time to post. This past week has been very rough. My youngest sister has been seeing physicians for the past few months to diagnose her correctly. She finally had surgery Monday to remove her thyroid gland and is diagnosed with thyroid cancer. The good news is that the general consensus is that thyroid cancer has a very high cure rate. Still this is my baby sister so I still worry. Anyway today is for trying to relax after the Yule celebration yesterday. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate otherwise. May the light of the season enter all our hearts and homes. Right now I am making apple cake and catching up email etc.

Your sister is now in my prayers. I just came home from a nice luncheon with older son and daughter-in-law. Celebrating many blessings. Off to work I go in a few. Hope you and yours have a very nice holiday season.

aboutime
12-22-2013, 04:23 PM

WiccanLiberal. Great news about the high cure rate. As a cancer survivor myself. I can only share how..whether you believe or not.., how Prayers....Really Do Work, and Are Heard.

Please pass to your little sister. Perfect strangers are Praying for her. And...what a wonderful Christmas I hope BOTH of you have.

WiccanLiberal
12-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. I and my sister appreciate them. Off to pick up V4R at the rail in a little while. He took a run out of town for yesterday and today for an alumni event for his college. Sounds like he had a good time.

jimnyc
12-22-2013, 08:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear that about your sister. Hopefully with today's technology and knowledge, it'll be cured and cured quickly. My prayers are with you and the rest of your family. I know it's got to be difficult around the holiday season too.

I hope you and the hubby are having a great holiday! And apple cake? Not apple pie? Hmmmmmmmm.........

The bold is VERY well stated, love it!

WiccanLiberal
12-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Good morning all. And yes apple cake. I include the recipe here.
6 apples (gala or fuji work best)
2 eggs
1 and 3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda.

Mix the flour and baking soda and set aside. Mix the other ingredients except the apples and make a paste. Peel and slice the apples into small chunks and coat with the paste as you go. Then mix in the flour and baking soda until all incorporated in the wet ingredients. Pour into a greased pan. (I used a 9x11 disposable lasagna pan so I didn't have to worry about cleaning) Press the mixture down and sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 minutes.

Drummond
12-25-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that about your sister. Hopefully with today's technology and knowledge, it'll be cured and cured quickly. My prayers are with you and the rest of your family. I know it's got to be difficult around the holiday season too.

I hope you and the hubby are having a great holiday! And apple cake? Not apple pie? Hmmmmmmmm.........

The bold is VERY well stated, love it!

Ditto Jim's post. Wishing your sister, and you and your family, my best.