PDA

View Full Version : So here's what it boils down to

jimnyc
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
The Steelers beat the Packers today 38-31 and are still hanging on to the miracle, and have at least made it to the last week before being eliminated, even if their record is 7-8.

Here's what needs to happen next week:

The Steelers beat Cleveland - Steelers at home
Bengals beat Ravens - Bengals are at home
Chiefs beat Chargers - Chargers at home
Jets beat Dolphins - Dolphins at home

If those 4 games end that way, I get a late Christmas gift this year! Never give up hope! :) :beer:

Jeff
12-28-2013, 02:00 AM
The Steelers beat the Packers today 38-31 and are still hanging on to the miracle, and have at least made it to the last week before being eliminated, even if their record is 7-8.

Here's what needs to happen next week:

The Steelers beat Cleveland - Steelers at home
Bengals beat Ravens - Bengals are at home
Chiefs beat Chargers - Chargers at home
Jets beat Dolphins - Dolphins at home

If those 4 games end that way, I get a late Christmas gift this year! Never give up hope! :) :beer:

We both know what is going to happen, Dolphins beat Jets at home and your entire season is over :laugh: and seriously they just may do it, even though I am a Dolphins fan this doesn't excite me to much because hell if they were that good they wouldn't have to be going through all these changes.

jimnyc
12-28-2013, 05:35 PM
We both know what is going to happen, Dolphins beat Jets at home and your entire season is over :laugh: and seriously they just may do it, even though I am a Dolphins fan this doesn't excite me to much because hell if they were that good they wouldn't have to be going through all these changes.

If anything, I hope that the Ravens would win their game, even if 90 seconds before your game ends. At least then you can't say your team knocked us out!! :laugh:

It's weird, if all 3 of you 8-7 teams win and finish 9-7, the Dolphins win the tiebreaker. If only Mia and SD win and finish tied, the Chargers win the tiebreaker. If it's Mia and Bal, Mia gets tiebreaker. If Balt, SD and Jets are all tied, Baltimore gets the nod.

logroller
12-28-2013, 06:20 PM
If anything, I hope that the Ravens would win their game, even if 90 seconds before your game ends. At least then you can't say your team knocked us out!! :laugh:

It's weird, if all 3 of you 8-7 teams win and finish 9-7, the Dolphins win the tiebreaker. If only Mia and SD win and finish tied, the Chargers win the tiebreaker. If it's Mia and Bal, Mia gets tiebreaker. If Balt, SD and Jets are all tied, Baltimore gets the nod.
Where's madden with the telestrator? I need a graphic.

jimnyc
12-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Where's madden with the telestrator? I need a graphic.

I can't get Madden for you, but here's a graphic!!

http://i.imgur.com/aBxyLt2.jpg

jimnyc
12-29-2013, 03:47 PM
So the Steelers are up by 13 and about to win. The Jets up by 10 over Miami with time about done. Cinci is in charge with time winding down, up by 10 over the Ravens. All great news for the Steelers!!!!

BUT

We now need Kansas City to beat the SD Chargers. The Chiefs have nothing at all to play for and are resting all of their major stars/starters :(

Abbey Marie
12-29-2013, 04:56 PM
And don't forget "Andy "I'll find a way to lose' Reid.

Missileman
12-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Damn Jim...really thought Steelers were gonna make it in. Chargers suck!

Abbey Marie
12-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Sorry Jim.

gabosaurus
12-29-2013, 07:59 PM
My guess is that the Chiefs' kicker is now a persona non grata in Pittsburgh. How can you miss a short FG for the win? My favorite Steelers fan was NOT a happy camper. And I am thinking that Jim is probably in a bit of a funk as well.

jimnyc
12-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes, I do already have a Ryan Succop voodoo doll, and he's already barely recognizable as he's full of needles already. 2 feet to the left and the Steelers are in the playoffs. I counted them out 3 weeks ago. Miracles happen to get them to that kick with seconds left. And then they lose out on the playoffs anyway. It's like I was duped 2x in one year!

:fu: Chargers and Ryan Succop. And for that fact, every team that made the playoffs and all of their fans too! :coffee:

jimnyc
12-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Officially robbed!

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The NFL acknowledged that referees erred in not penalizing the San Diego Chargers for an illegal formation on a missed 41-yard field goal attempt by Ryan Succop of the Kansas City Chiefs with four seconds left in regulation on Sunday.

Succop was wide right on the kick, and the Chargers went on to win 27-24 in overtime to claim the AFC's final playoff spot. The Pittsburgh Steelers would have been in the postseason had Kansas City won the game.

San Diego lined up with seven men on one side of the snapper, and NFL rules state no more than six players can be on the line of scrimmage on either side of the snapper.

The NFL said in a statement Monday that the penalty should have been called by referee Bill Leavy's crew, moving the ball 5 yards closer to the end zone and giving Succop another attempt at the game-winning field goal. Succop was 15 of 16 this season from within 40 yards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-says-officials-erred-kc-160912806--nfl.html