PDA

View Full Version : This is how they do it folks!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527820/Marks-Spencer-tells-Muslim-staff-CAN-refuse-serve-customers-buying-alcohol-pork.html M&S faces boycott as it lets Muslim staff refuse to sell alcohol or pork

Marks & Spencer's policy applies to Muslim staff in more than 700 stores

Shoppers are being asked to wait to pay for certain items at different till
Highlights divide among mainstream food retailers over religious workers

By Luke Salkeld

PUBLISHED: 04:51 EST, 22 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:21 EST, 22 December 2013

Furious M&S customers threatened to boycott the store last night for allowing Muslim checkout staff to refuse to serve customers who want to pay for alcohol or pork.

Managers at a London store told the workers they could ask any shoppers trying to buy the items to wait until a different till was available, it emerged yesterday.

One shopper said: 'I had one bottle of champagne, and the lady, who was wearing a headscarf, was very apologetic but said she could not serve me. She told me to wait until another member of staff was available.

'I was taken aback. I've never come across that before.'

Last night, Marks & Spencer said the advice had been given in error and was not consistent with its national policy.

But customers bombarded the store's Facebook page to complain, while another site was set up calling on shoppers to boycott M&S.

Angela Phillips posted: 'If M&S go ahead with this they are going to lose so many loyal customers.

'If they do not want to serve people with pork or alcohol they shouldn't work in the food hall. Simple!'

Heather Playdon posted on the store's Facebook page: 'I shan't be shopping in M&S any more. The quintessentially British retailer bows down to Muslim beliefs. And in turn alienates the majority of Christian and non-religious customers. Outrageous.' They already force out stores in neighborhoods they control. They do this to conform to Sharia law. -Tyr