PDA

View Full Version : How goes it, mates?

gabosaurus
12-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Greetings from the Land Down Under. Had to log in with a proxy here. Since our hosts' computer blocks DP as "harmful or objectionable content." Well at least it has the objectionable part right. Hope you are having a downright nice day. Quite sunny here. Around 23 right now. Perhaps up to 28 by Boxing Day. Right sporting weather for Christmas at the beach. Needed to come on a bit to ask DP regs a few questions and comments coming from our hosts in the suburbs of Melbourne. I assured them that this is the place to go for answers. 1) Is the TV show "Duck Dynasty" about real people? I told them it was a family that lives in the backwoods and made a living making duck calls for hunters. They found this quite dubious. Aren't they all in costume for the show? Is the crazy woman from Alaska in the show? 2) Why are Americans obsessed with guns? Do we enjoy shooting each other? Can't you just go to the pub instead? 3) Why do American football players wear helmets and padding? This makes Aussies question your manhood. In their version of football, no one wear helmets or padding. And they hit each just as hard. We won't even go into rugby. 4) What makes Americans pay money to drink watered down beer? Aussies say they can piss in a stream and get lit better than with a litre of American beer. Man up and drink some real ale, mates! 5) If you hate the bloody Muslims so much, why do you buy so much petrol from them? Defeats the purpose, don't ya think? Wishing you all a very warm and sunny Christmas!

Jeff
12-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Greetings from the Land Down Under. Had to log in with a proxy here. Since our hosts' computer blocks DP as "harmful or objectionable content." Well at least it has the objectionable part right. Hope you are having a downright nice day. Quite sunny here. Around 23 right now. Perhaps up to 28 by Boxing Day. Right sporting weather for Christmas at the beach. Needed to come on a bit to ask DP regs a few questions and comments coming from our hosts in the suburbs of Melbourne. I assured them that this is the place to go for answers. 1) Is the TV show "Duck Dynasty" about real people? I told them it was a family that lives in the backwoods and made a living making duck calls for hunters. They found this quite dubious. Aren't they all in costume for the show? Is the crazy woman from Alaska in the show? 2) Why are Americans obsessed with guns? Do we enjoy shooting each other? Can't you just go to the pub instead? 3) Why do American football players wear helmets and padding? This makes Aussies question your manhood. In their version of football, no one wear helmets or padding. And they hit each just as hard. We won't even go into rugby. 4) What makes Americans pay money to drink watered down beer? Aussies say they can piss in a stream and get lit better than with a litre of American beer. Man up and drink some real ale, mates! 5) If you hate the bloody Muslims so much, why do you buy so much petrol from them? Defeats the purpose, don't ya think? Wishing you all a very warm and sunny Christmas!

Gabs ya might tell those folks to read the facts, there serious crime has gone up since outlawing guns, so yea that works well , they stand a better chance than ever of becoming a victim of a major crime but aren't allowed to defend themselves :rolleyes:

Anyway as far as the rest of your left wing blog I will just skip by it, but on a serious note I hope you and your's have perfect weather and a very Merry Christmas .

hjmick
12-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Good Christ but you're quite the snothole...

Abbey Marie
12-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Gabby, I think Australia has more than its share of "characters". No need for your friends to put down Americans.

They do have a point with #5, though.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :cool:

Drummond
12-24-2013, 10:55 AM

Merry Christmas to you too, Gabby .. and a Conservative New Year (... yes, one THAT good ...).

jimnyc
12-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Greetings from the Land Down Under. Had to log in with a proxy here. Since our hosts' computer blocks DP as "harmful or objectionable content." Well at least it has the objectionable part right.

You must have a liberal host, which can't handle people speaking their minds and speaking facts. Call them back and ask to be switched to the conservative host, or at least one that respects the COTUS and affords you the right of freedom of speech and the ability to handle "bad things" yourself. Is Bloomberg your host?

Hope you are having a downright nice day. Quite sunny here. Around 23 right now. Perhaps up to 28 by Boxing Day. Right sporting weather for Christmas at the beach.

Unless you're going to snap a few pictures for me in your bikini in the beach, stop acting Australian, you egghead!! :)

Needed to come on a bit to ask DP regs a few questions and comments coming from our hosts in the suburbs of Melbourne. I assured them that this is the place to go for answers.

I think it's hot that you went away on Christmas vacation, to another country, with your family and friends - and you still think of me! :beer:

1) Is the TV show "Duck Dynasty" about real people? I told them it was a family that lives in the backwoods and made a living making duck calls for hunters. They found this quite dubious. Aren't they all in costume for the show? Is the crazy woman from Alaska in the show?

They are the Southern version of Crocodile Dundee. Men who aren't afraid to be outdoors. :) Anyway, yes, they have made $400 million dollars off of their duck calls - and all the things sold with their likeness on it, and of course the TV show.

2) Why are Americans obsessed with guns? Do we enjoy shooting each other? Can't you just go to the pub instead?

Unlike other countries, Americans are obsessed with preserving their rights. And reserving the right to NOT be overrun by a dictatorship style government, nor by criminals that would take your life for a loaf of bread. Sure, we could sit on the sidelines and make silly jokes about those very criminals, or even drinking alcohol, but neither will preserve your rights or your life. Silly Australians!

3) Why do American football players wear helmets and padding? This makes Aussies question your manhood. In their version of football, no one wear helmets or padding. And they hit each just as hard. We won't even go into rugby.

American men are 10x stronger, without helmets their heads would explode.

4) What makes Americans pay money to drink watered down beer? Aussies say they can piss in a stream and get lit better than with a litre of American beer. Man up and drink some real ale, mates!

Some CHOOSE those watered down beers, sissies! There are plenty of American beers that would make the Aussies proud. I'd like to see these Aussies man up and sit with us and drink whiskey all night!

5) If you hate the bloody Muslims so much, why do you buy so much petrol from them? Defeats the purpose, don't ya think?

No comment. Not entertaining the hate bait for Christmas. (but I'll still take the bikini shots!)

Wishing you all a very warm and sunny Christmas!

Same back at ya, Gabriella! Not often you can have your family together, in Australia. Enjoy it, savor the memories.

:reindeer:

aboutime
12-24-2013, 12:38 PM
I understand...unlike here in the USA. "DDT" is used quite frequently down in "OZ".

So. Here's wishing Gabby a wonderful SPRAYING for the holiday season when she is sparing the entire United States any threat of contamination...except by proxy from DOWN UNDER.

May she stay there for eternity, and become the blessing America needs prior to Obama's departure.

revelarts
12-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes we love guns, and shoot each other for fun, Pubs are boring, why don't the Aussies man up and take a few rounds a couple of times a year like every real American?

Your Friends are absolutely right.
We should have stopped buying M.E. oil in the 1970's.
(and BTW, personally i don't hate Muslims.)

Merry Christmas Gabby.

fj1200
12-24-2013, 02:34 PM
#5 They're the low-cost producer.

gabosaurus
12-24-2013, 05:05 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE LAND OF KOALAS AND KANGAROOS!! A special thank you to Jim for his answers. Jim, your comparison of Duck Dynasty to Crocodile Dundee was spot on. Wish I had thought of that. Australian intensely dislike being stereotyped, but aren't afraid to throw out a few of their own. The reason I asked those questions was that I couldn't think of any answers myself. We went to a beautiful Christmas Eve service last night. After taking my daughter back to our hosts' home, we went out a downed a few. Got to honor local traditions, ya know. Now we are getting ready for Christmas on the beach. It is a tradition among many locals to spend part of Christmas day on the beach. You bring some blankets, a bit of food and a barbeque pit. Santa and his elves (female type, Jim would approve) arrive on surfboards and hand out gifts (usually sweets) to the kids. Then everyone stuffs their faces and downs a few (or perhaps more than a few). Followed by a lay on the beach until someone is sober enough to drive home. On Thursday, everyone goes out for the biggest sales of the year on Boxing Day. Except for my good friend and I, who will join about 80,000 other cricket fans at the annual Boxing Day Test. The Aussies are giving the despised Poms a good roughing out in the biennial Ashes Competition, leading 3-0 at this point. Aussies jump on any chance they can get to hurl derision at the Brits. No bikinis for myself, though. Sorry Jim. But rest assured that there will be plenty to see. I am guessing this will stretch the forum, but I don't think Jim will mind. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SuCxfy3IVTU/UNlKu_8ReBI/AAAAAAAAB3s/cmOsQ-BbPs4/s1600/christmas-girls-beach.jpg

tailfins
12-24-2013, 05:51 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE LAND OF KOALAS AND KANGAROOS!! A special thank you to Jim for his answers. Jim, your comparison of Duck Dynasty to Crocodile Dundee was spot on. Wish I had thought of that. Australian intensely dislike being stereotyped, but aren't afraid to throw out a few of their own. The reason I asked those questions was that I couldn't think of any answers myself. We went to a beautiful Christmas Eve service last night. After taking my daughter back to our hosts' home, we went out a downed a few. Got to honor local traditions, ya know. Now we are getting ready for Christmas on the beach. It is a tradition among many locals to spend part of Christmas day on the beach. You bring some blankets, a bit of food and a barbeque pit. Santa and his elves (female type, Jim would approve) arrive on surfboards and hand out gifts (usually sweets) to the kids. Then everyone stuffs their faces and downs a few (or perhaps more than a few). Followed by a lay on the beach until someone is sober enough to drive home. On Thursday, everyone goes out for the biggest sales of the year on Boxing Day. Except for my good friend and I, who will join about 80,000 other cricket fans at the annual Boxing Day Test. The Aussies are giving the despised Poms a good roughing out in the biennial Ashes Competition, leading 3-0 at this point. Aussies jump on any chance they can get to hurl derision at the Brits. No bikinis for myself, though. Sorry Jim. But rest assured that there will be plenty to see. I am guessing this will stretch the forum, but I don't think Jim will mind.

Where are the photos of the aborigine women? And I mean nice looking ones.

jimnyc
12-24-2013, 06:09 PM
I do approve of the stretched forum! But is it just me, but it almost looks like the first bikini gal and the last one are almost photoshopped in there (not to mention the first one is fugly) I don't mean to be judgmental and shallow, but this is my bandwidth in question here! :beer:

Jeff
12-27-2013, 09:41 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE LAND OF KOALAS AND KANGAROOS!! A special thank you to Jim for his answers. Jim, your comparison of Duck Dynasty to Crocodile Dundee was spot on. Wish I had thought of that. Australian intensely dislike being stereotyped, but aren't afraid to throw out a few of their own. The reason I asked those questions was that I couldn't think of any answers myself. We went to a beautiful Christmas Eve service last night. After taking my daughter back to our hosts' home, we went out a downed a few. Got to honor local traditions, ya know. Now we are getting ready for Christmas on the beach. It is a tradition among many locals to spend part of Christmas day on the beach. You bring some blankets, a bit of food and a barbeque pit. Santa and his elves (female type, Jim would approve) arrive on surfboards and hand out gifts (usually sweets) to the kids. Then everyone stuffs their faces and downs a few (or perhaps more than a few). Followed by a lay on the beach until someone is sober enough to drive home. On Thursday, everyone goes out for the biggest sales of the year on Boxing Day. Except for my good friend and I, who will join about 80,000 other cricket fans at the annual Boxing Day Test. The Aussies are giving the despised Poms a good roughing out in the biennial Ashes Competition, leading 3-0 at this point. Aussies jump on any chance they can get to hurl derision at the Brits. No bikinis for myself, though. Sorry Jim. But rest assured that there will be plenty to see. I am guessing this will stretch the forum, but I don't think Jim will mind. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SuCxfy3IVTU/UNlKu_8ReBI/AAAAAAAAB3s/cmOsQ-BbPs4/s1600/christmas-girls-beach.jpg

Sounds Beautiful Gabby , I hope you and the Family enjoy the rest of the stay !!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-27-2013, 10:55 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE LAND OF KOALAS AND KANGAROOS!! A special thank you to Jim for his answers. Jim, your comparison of Duck Dynasty to Crocodile Dundee was spot on. Wish I had thought of that. Australian intensely dislike being stereotyped, but aren't afraid to throw out a few of their own. The reason I asked those questions was that I couldn't think of any answers myself. We went to a beautiful Christmas Eve service last night. After taking my daughter back to our hosts' home, we went out a downed a few. Got to honor local traditions, ya know. Now we are getting ready for Christmas on the beach. It is a tradition among many locals to spend part of Christmas day on the beach. You bring some blankets, a bit of food and a barbeque pit. Santa and his elves (female type, Jim would approve) arrive on surfboards and hand out gifts (usually sweets) to the kids. Then everyone stuffs their faces and downs a few (or perhaps more than a few). Followed by a lay on the beach until someone is sober enough to drive home. On Thursday, everyone goes out for the biggest sales of the year on Boxing Day. Except for my good friend and I, who will join about 80,000 other cricket fans at the annual Boxing Day Test. The Aussies are giving the despised Poms a good roughing out in the biennial Ashes Competition, leading 3-0 at this point. Aussies jump on any chance they can get to hurl derision at the Brits. No bikinis for myself, though. Sorry Jim. But rest assured that there will be plenty to see. I am guessing this will stretch the forum, but I don't think Jim will mind. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SuCxfy3IVTU/UNlKu_8ReBI/AAAAAAAAB3s/cmOsQ-BbPs4/s1600/christmas-girls-beach.jpg Damn Gabs, that pic sho' brightened up my day and gave me ever greater fantasies about the Land Down under. Here accept one get out of jail free card from me for your posting that picture. I think I may have date at least two of those girls's mothers. As they look the spitting image of two gals I dated long ago. AND YES ONE OF THEM WAS A UNIVERSITY STUDENT FROM AUSTRALIA. I WOULD HAVE MARRIED THAT GAL HAD SHE NOT CAUGHT ME CHEATING WITH A VERY PRETTY GIRL AT THE BAR I LOUNGED AT SO MUCH BACK THEN. I've often regretted so many of my youthful wild young crazy mistakes. That gal lost was a prize like no other but being young and dumb I failed to truly appreciate such a blessing. -Tyr

Drummond
12-27-2013, 03:22 PM

You're going to hate this, Gabby. You're REALLY going to hate this .. but your reference to Boxing Day, and Boxing Day sales, is thoroughly British !! That description matches what happens here in the UK. Here, no doubt equally true in Oz, Boxing Day is (for the most part) a public holiday. Big department stores open up for their Boxing Day sales, as they do where you are.

Enjoy your time there.

gabosaurus
12-29-2013, 08:15 PM
International travel is a strange and wonderful thing. We left Melbourne this morning around 11 a.m. We arrived in Los Angeles about four hours or so earlier. Following a 14-hour flight across the date line. And quite an extended nap.

Sir Drummond is right in his points. Pretty much every aspect of Australian life is shaped by the English, who established the country around two centuries earlier. Not that the Australians want to admit this.

jimnyc
12-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Was hoping that they decided to keep you :poke: