PDA

View Full Version : Federal authorities charge white ‘knockout’ suspect with hate crime

jimnyc
12-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Anyone who commits one of these crimes deserves to get brought up on the most charges possible. But c'mon, anyone with half a brain and a 1/4 of an eyeball can see that the overwhelming majority of those committing these crimes are black. I do acknowledge though, that it's up to each jurisdiction to make an arrest and file charges, so it's not like one can cry foul with just this one being charged. But I hope we see more and more of those black on white knockouts being charged and also with hate crimes, which is far too often NOT the case.

Federal authorities said Thursday they have arrested and charged a Texas man in connection with the “knockout game,” accusing him of a hate crime for targeting a black man for a vicious street attack.

Most knockout victims that have appeared in news reports have been white, but the Justice Department said in this instance the victim was a 79-year-old black man, and stepped in with federal charges.

“Suspected crimes of this nature will simply not be tolerated,” said Kenneth Magidson, the U.S. attorney for the southern district of Texas. “Evidence of hate crimes will be vigorously investigated and prosecuted with the assistance of all our partners to the fullest extent of the law.”

The Justice Department said it filed a criminal complaint against 27-year-old Conrad Alvin Barrett on Tuesday and arrested him on Thursday.

According to Justice officials, Mr. Barrett recorded himself on his cellphone attacking the 79-year-old man, laughing and saying “Knockout” as he runs away.

The 79-year-old man had his jaw broken in the Nov. 24 attack.

“The plan is to see if I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?” Mr. Barrett says in the video, according to the authorities.

Knockout, in which someone decides to attack a random victim and tries to knock him or her out with one punch, has been in the news after a spate of assaults in recent weeks.

The “game” has spawned a fierce debate since many of the reported victims have been white and their assailants have been black, but hate crimes charges have been all but non-existent.

Last month New York authorities did charge one person with a hate crime, saying the assailant targeted a Jewish man.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/26/federal-authorities-charge-white-knockout-suspect-/

Arbo
12-26-2013, 05:14 PM
And people believe that this administration doesn't decide things based on race? That they are not working to set back all the progress made in this country and further divide the people?

fj1200
12-26-2013, 05:32 PM
“The plan is to see if I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?” Mr. Barrett says in the video, according to the authorities.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/26/federal-authorities-charge-white-knockout-suspect-/

Idiot.

Missileman
12-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Anyone who commits one of these crimes deserves to get brought up on the most charges possible. But c'mon, anyone with half a brain and a 1/4 of an eyeball can see that the overwhelming majority of those committing these crimes are black. I do acknowledge though, that it's up to each jurisdiction to make an arrest and file charges, so it's not like one can cry foul with just this one being charged. But I hope we see more and more of those black on white knockouts being charged and also with hate crimes, which is far too often NOT the case.

How many of the black perps have been charged federally?

Arbo
12-26-2013, 08:08 PM

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-26-2013, 08:15 PM
How many of the black perps have been charged federally? None that I could find. Hate crime can not be lodged against the poor black mistreated youths dontcha know. Only whitey can be guilty of that...... Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-26-2013, 08:19 PM
The fools will go into fits if Mexican youths start knocking out black people. They will not know which side to grovel to and kiss ass the most. Very likely will go with the Mexicans because they do so want that vote, the black sold out vote they have no matter how bad they mistreat the fools. Black unemployment got far worse in Obama scum's first 4 years and they still voted his sorry ass back in! I rest my case on that reality.-:laugh:--Tyr

fj1200
12-26-2013, 10:20 PM

How many recorded themselves saying, "if I were to hit a white person..."?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-26-2013, 11:11 PM
How many recorded themselves saying, "if I were to hit a white person..."? So many blacks were targeting whites they did have to say that as it was obvious. And the black bastards were not knocking out black women mind you. They targeted whites and jews. The fact that they were not knocking out other older black people speaks for itself yet never were they charged with a hate crime. Obama got they back man. And his stash will bail 'em out. And his token black brother white hating AG will not prosecute --"his people", remember that remark made by the prejudice son of a bitch!!?? That would have got a white man canned like last season's tuna faster than you can so --sho' nuff.. YET didn't register a whimper when it was obamo's little corrupt black boy . God gave us eyes to see with you know.. ,-Tyr

fj1200
12-27-2013, 07:01 AM
God gave us eyes to see with you know.. ,-Tyr

But thank goodness we got this guy out there showing the truth:

The Texas case came to authorities’ attention after Mr. Barrett (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/conrad-alvin-barrett/) showed a video he took of the assault to a couple he didn’t know at a restaurant on Nov. 24, the FBI (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/federal-bureau-of-investigation/) said in an affidavit submitted in the case.One of the couple was an off-duty arson investigator and peace officer. After they left the restaurant, the couple reported the video to a police officer and identified Mr. Barrett (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/conrad-alvin-barrett/). The police officer confiscated the smartphone containing the video and began an investigation that ended with a criminal complaint filed on Christmas Eve and the arrest Thursday.
According to the FBI (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/federal-bureau-of-investigation/) statement, Mr. Barrett (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/conrad-alvin-barrett/) spent a week trying to work up the nerve to try knockout.
The FBI (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/federal-bureau-of-investigation/) said that in a video from Nov. 24, the day of the assault, Mr. Barrett (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/conrad-alvin-barrett/) said he wanted “to see if I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?” The video shows him stopping his car, approaching the 79-year-old man and asking, “How’s it going, man?” — before “a loud smack is heard and the victim falls to the ground.”
“Barrett (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/conrad-alvin-barrett/) laughs, says ‘knockout,’ and then flees,” the FBI (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/federal-bureau-of-investigation/) affidavit says.
In other videos, the FBI (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/federal-bureau-of-investigation/) said, Mr. Barrett (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/conrad-alvin-barrett/) uses racial epithets and says blacks “haven’t fully experienced the blessing of evolution.”
The victim of the assault, identified only as “R.C.,” lost three teeth, suffered a broken jaw and had two metal plates inserted into his mouth. Local police identified him as the victim, and he confirmed he had been walking down the street Nov. 24 when he was attacked.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/26/federal-authorities-charge-white-knockout-suspect-/#ixzz2ofxiJMFu

:rolleyes:

Jeff
12-27-2013, 07:23 AM
And people believe that this administration doesn't decide things based on race? That they are not working to set back all the progress made in this country and further divide the people?

Arbo I hate to agree with you but you are spot on here !!! This sentence from the original post tells all

Federal authorities said Thursday they have arrested and charged a Texas man in connection with the “knockout game,” accusing him of a hate crime for targeting a black man for a vicious street attack.

Of course the very first question is with this game of been going on for so long why is the only arrest the only case where we see the colors changed?

fj1200
12-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Of course the very first question is with this game of been going on for so long why is the only arrest the only case where we see the colors changed?

Not only arrest, only Federal arrest. Personally I don't think the Feds should be anywhere near this sort of thing but it is what we're stuck with.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-27-2013, 08:17 AM
But thank goodness we got this guy out there showing the truth:

:rolleyes: Exactly were in my comments did you get that I approved of that dumbass knocking out an old black man? Surely nowhere since I think the bastard should be turned over to me so I can kick his ass sideways and stomp the living hell out of the ffing coward. Two wrongs do not make a right. He has no right to do that just as the cowardly blacks have no damn right to do so. Better would have been if the old black guy had shot and killed his worthless, sorry cowardly ass IMHO. Such cowardice knows no race . Yet to date he is the only white that I know of to have been acknowledge joining in on this cowardly activity. Instead of "knock out game" it should be correctly termed --"sucker punch game". A "sucker punch" has always been a cowardly act IMHO. --Tyr

fj1200
12-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Exactly were in my comments did you get that I approved of that dumbass knocking out an old black man? Surely nowhere since I think the bastard should be turned over to me so I can kick his ass sideways and stomp the living hell out of the ffing coward.

I must have missed that in a previous post. My mistake.

Missileman
12-27-2013, 08:53 AM

I don't see how that factor makes this case federal and the others not.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-27-2013, 09:29 AM
I must have missed that in a previous post. My mistake. Ahh, so a man's character does not present itself unless he spells out exactly his words on every subject? As if my solid and strong objection to this cowardly activity only holds sway if its blacks doing the deeds. Please point to any words I may have presented here on the subject that would lead you to think that way if you don't mind. You know for me to meet your apparent expectation(if it be the case) would require me spending about 23 hours a day here posting. Some things should be known about a member if they have been here long enough and post often enough. I have almost 10,000 posts here , so excuse me if I mistakenly take some things for granted . Tyr

Arbo
12-27-2013, 09:31 AM

There have been many 'attacks' where it was known the attacker said things like 'gonna get this white bitch' and other 'racial' sort of things, black on white style, yet none of them have ever had the feds step in to charge the black attackers with a hate crime. It has been this way since the hate crimes legislation was put in place. It's not about 'hate crimes' it's really just about 'crimes by whites on blacks', nothing more.

fj1200
12-27-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't see how that factor makes this case federal and the others not.

Probably because Texas. I couldn't find what state charges he was subject to.

Ahh, so a man's character does not present itself unless he spells out exactly his words on every subject? As if my solid and strong objection to this cowardly activity only holds sway if its blacks doing the deeds. Please point to any words I may have presented here on the subject that would lead you to think that way if you don't mind. You know for me to meet your apparent expectation(if it be the case) would require me spending about 23 hours a day here posting. Some things should be known about a member if they have been here long enough and post often enough. I have almost 10,000 posts here , so excuse me if I mistakenly take some things for granted . Tyr

:beer:

There have been many 'attacks' where it was known the attacker said things like 'gonna get this white bitch' and other 'racial' sort of things, black on white style, yet none of them have ever had the feds step in to charge the black attackers with a hate crime. It has been this way since the hate crimes legislation was put in place. It's not about 'hate crimes' it's really just about 'crimes by whites on blacks', nothing more.

I don't disagree. I don't want conservatives to get in a position of having to defend a flawed character such as Zimmerman.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Exactly were in my comments did you get that I approved of that dumbass knocking out an old black man? Surely nowhere since I think the bastard should be turned over to me so I can kick his ass sideways and stomp the living hell out of the ffing coward. Two wrongs do not make a right. He has no right to do that just as the cowardly blacks have no damn right to do so. Better would have been if the old black guy had shot and killed his worthless, sorry cowardly ass IMHO. Such cowardice knows no race . Yet to date he is the only white that I know of to have been acknowledge joining in on this cowardly activity. Instead of "knock out game" it should be correctly termed --"sucker punch game". A "sucker punch" has always been a cowardly act IMHO. --Tyr Let me give you a little insight into my life and my values I hold. Back in the early 70"s I had a very good friend, the best! He was by all accounts a loyal and righteous guy.. Now one Saturday night at the local bar we spent so much time at he got in a rare mood and was "feeling his oats" so to speak. After a fight in which he beat the hell out of a smartass bully he decided to be belligerent himself and started messing with an old guy(in his 70's). This went on a couple minutes, words exchanged and the old man didn't back down. Quick as a panther he grabbed the old man and knocked the hell out of him. And just as quickly I covered the 10/12 feet to cross the space to get to him. When I got there I stomped his ass like he'd never experienced before(as he was a badass fighter).. I did so because just a minute before I had told him to leave the old man alone before you cause me to have to beat your ass and you had better stop bothering the old guy ! I hold my values dear and never sacrifice them for convenience sake or even out of friendship. I stomped him just like I would have a stranger that had jumped a harmless old man like that. He was 23 then, I was 21 years old. He left mad as hell and to this day has never spoke another word to me. His older brother asked me several months later why I did it. My reply was, "I told him to quit it, instead he chose to ignore me. A man pays a price when doing that. He paid and learned that ignoring me is not a good policy. I mean what I say, I don't play and I keep my word". His older brother replied, "well hell he should have known that, I do and we don't even hang together. You are just like your older brother Jessie". I replied, "yes just like my dad too".--Tyr

Arbo
12-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Funny how quickly it goes from a real world news story to a strange machismo fantasy land.

fj1200
12-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Let me give you a little insight into my life and my values I hold.

It's clear now that whatever point I was trying to make went up in a flaming fireball of epic proportions... :420:

I'll thank you not to bring this up again. :no:

:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-27-2013, 06:49 PM
It's clear now that whatever point I was trying to make went up in a flaming fireball of epic proportions... :420:

I'll thank you not to bring this up again. :no:

:laugh: I'll try but I ain't makin' no promises. ;)