PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton to Swear in Bill de Blasio at Mayoral Inauguration

jimnyc
12-28-2013, 07:21 PM
I honestly don't know much about this incoming mayor, but I haven't heard a lot of good things. I understand him to be very, very liberal in his stances/beliefs. Then again, at least Bloomberg is on his way out. I can only hope that this guy does a better job, or at the very least doesn't attempt to be another parental figure for all of us! And even more nauseating that the Clinton's will be there, stumping for Hillary in 2016 of course, and already trying to set endorsements aside.

Former President Bill Clinton will swear in Bill de Blasio as New York City’s 109th mayor during Wednesday’s inaugural ceremony at City Hall, the mayor-elect’s transition team said Saturday.

Hillary Clinton, a former secretary of state and a former U.S. senator from New York, will be joining her husband at the noon event. Mr. de Blasio previously worked for the couple, serving in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development during Mr. Clinton’s administration and later managing Mrs. Clinton’s successful Senate campaign in 2000.

Mr. Clinton will swear-in Mr. de Blasio with a bible once owned by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the transition team said. The bible is on loan from the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum in Hyde Park.

When he takes office, Mr. de Blasio, 52 years old, will be the first Democrat to occupy the top spot at City Hall in twenty years. Despite a six-to-one advantage in voter registration favoring Democrats, the GOP mayoral nominee won every mayoral election since 1993 before Mr. de Blasio’s landslide victory in November.

By having Mr. Clinton play such a prominent role at Wednesday’s inauguration, it sends a clear message that Democrats are back in power in New York City after a two-decade lockout.

Mr. de Blasio succeeds Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who is stepping down on Tuesday after 12 years as chief executive of the nation’s largest city. Mr. Bloomberg, 71 years old, is planning to attend Wednesday’s ceremony.

The Clintons did not endorse Mr. de Blasio in the hotly contested Democratic primary, but both of them endorsed him after he clinched his party’s nomination in September. Mrs. Clinton, who has not publicly said whether she will run for president in 2016, appeared as the headline guest at a fundraiser for Mr. de Blasio in October that generated more than $1 million for his campaign.

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2013/12/28/bill-clinton-to-swear-in-bill-de-blasio-at-mayoral-inauguration/?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop

aboutime
12-28-2013, 08:23 PM
NOTHING NEW with this story. A Known Liar....going to SWEAR? Like he did on TV when he told the American people that MONICA Lie????

Gaffer
12-28-2013, 09:59 PM
I thought such positions had to be sworn in by a judge. Some one at state level. But then, this is NYC.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-28-2013, 10:36 PM
I thought such positions had to be sworn in by a judge. Some one at state level. But then, this is NYC. Guy is a liberal being sworn in by a liar . That's about par for the course. And of course its NYC, the liberal bastion of stupidity that just keeps on going further down the path to its destruction. Problem is they desperately seek to drag everybody down with them. --Tyr