PDA

View Full Version : Mentally Ill State Trooper Michael L. Keyes Can’t Have Gun While Off Duty – Carries G

Jeff
12-31-2013, 07:54 AM
This brings to mind a friend of mine that just became a deputy here in town, I am very proud of this person for changing her life all around but at the same time have to wonder what kind of police officer she will be, see at 51 and not very mobile she also had been diagnosed with being manic depressive and was on meds for it ( not sure if she still is or not ) but yes this woman is one that shouldn't be aloud to carry a gun let alone wear a badge and according to what I see going on with the entire gun debate thing it seems mental illness is a reason all agree on that would keep you from buying or owning a firearm , with this said think about how many police have some type of mental issue and ya have to wonder are they all going to lose there job?

Have you ever looked around and wondered how many people in this country have only half a brain? Some things just don’t add up.Michael L. Keyes is a State Trooper in Pennsylvania. He was also ordered into mental health treatment for an alleged depressive episode which led to suicide attempts. So a court ruling that he cannot be allowed to carry a gun while off-duty would seem to be in the general realm of common sense. I don’t really like to see people lose their 2nd Amendment rights, but I can somewhat understand the argument for Keyes not being allowed to carry a gun. However, the court opinion that he should be allowed to continue to “serve and protect” and be allowed to carry a weapon on the job is mind-boggling.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/12/mentally-ill-state-trooper-michael-l-keyes-cant-gun-duty-can-carry-duty/