PDA

View Full Version : Rep. targets 'three chicken nugget' rule

Jeff
12-31-2013, 09:22 AM
This is too funny, my kids 11 & 12 are in the 6th grade and if you tried to hand them 3 nuggets for lunch they would just laugh at ya, seems our Government wants to make these kids look like the skeleton looking liberal twits ( and if you happen to be one of those that love to be so skinny more power to ya you have that right ) but to limit a 17 year old kid to 3 nuggets is ridiculous, But in my kids school they have to have a complete meal when they sit down ( one meat and two veggies ) and I shit you not we had a problem last year because one of the boys came home complaining he was starved and when we looked into it there 2 veggies almost always consisted of a Ketchup being one of the veggies , that's right a pack of Ketchup is considered one of the veggies so if you got a burger you would receive a tiny little burger ( about the size of a Krystals burger, or White Castle depending on where you live ) a pack of ketchup ( and get this my boys just told me you would also receive a tomato slice ( the second veggie ) and maybe some crumbled up chips or fries , now a hamburger and fries doesn't sound to bad but it is the size that bothers the kids.

I went to there 5th grade Thanksgiving dinner and it was the worst food I ever tasted, no spices at all and no you don't even get to put salt or pepper on anything , the gravy for the nasty taters was a white gravy :puke: ( sausage gravy is for biscuits ) the turkey was a slice of deli turkey and you also got a small cup of cranberry sauce and let me not forget the only thing I really seen get eaten , a cup of ice cream, I started to come unglued when my boys pushed there plate away to get the ice cream but then realized all the kids where doing so as well as the parents :laugh:

This looks like just another failed Government project.

Rep. Kristi Noem (R-S.D.) said Monday that she would keep up her fight to permanently ease federal rules that limit the amount of meat and grain in school lunches.

"In fact, the law says that schools can only serve an average of 2 ounces of meat per meal," Noem said Monday. "That's just three chicken nuggets for a high school student.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/government-oversight/194145-lawmaker-vows-to-end-usdas-three-chicken-nugget-rule