PDA

View Full Version : Home hit by vehicle for the 11th time in 30 years and does worst damage yet

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/home-hit-by-vehicle-for-the-11th-time-in-30-years-and-does-worst-damage-yet-223248024.html Home hit by vehicle for the 11th time in 30 years and does worst damage yet

By Will Lerner
17 hours ago

This means on an average of almost every three years, Indianapolis couple Leigh and Tim McCall have experienced someone driving a car into their property. As The Indianapolis Star reports, this past Sunday 29-year-old Katie Anderson Spears lost control of her Chevy Equinox and crashed through the wall of the McCalls’ home into their dining room – the 11th time something of this nature has happened to them.
Anderson Spears told the Star that she was travelling too fast when driving over railroad tracks only 150 from the McCall home. When she lost control and ove rcorrected, she went through a neighbor’s chain link fence and straight into the house. The McCalls are frustrated, to say the least. Leigh told WISH-TV News 8, “Again. Again, this is happening again. There’s a car in our house with a woman in it.” Tim expressed his concern for Ms. Anderson Spears, but is upset this keeps occurring, telling WISH, “I was scared for her; this is not the first time that they’ve hit the house. They’ve either hit the pole, hydrant, porch, or the house like 11 times now in the past [30] years. And you know, I thought eventually, I don’t know. It’s just awful that it continues to happen…” I have to ask just how dumb are these people to have not built a proper car proof fence around their house or moved/sold it?? -Tyr

Voted4Reagan
12-31-2013, 12:47 PM
I looked at the intersection on Google Maps (S. Warman Ave and Jackson Street, Indianapolis).

The problem appears to be the train tracks. It looks like if someone is going too fast they can get airborne going over those train tracks. .

I'd sue the railroad and the town for allowing such a terrible grade at that point.

Nukeman
12-31-2013, 02:39 PM
I looked at the intersection on Google Maps (S. Warman Ave and Jackson Street, Indianapolis).

The problem appears to be the train tracks. It looks like if someone is going too fast they can get airborne going over those train tracks. .

I'd sue the railroad and the town for allowing such a terrible grade at that point.Here's a better one! How about dumb asses SLOW down. That looks like a residential street so the speed limit would be no more than 30 mph if that!! So in your mind its the fault of the "grade" and "city" not the morons speeding through the residential area and causing accidents. If it was caused by the grade and city as you say than it would be a daily/weekly/monthly occurrence not every 3 years do to some IDIOT speeding.

Some times it IS the persons fault and NOT the CITY or Rail Road company... Geez ever heard of personal responsibility!?!?!?!?

Nukeman
12-31-2013, 02:46 PM
yep looked down the road using Google maps and the speed limit is 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plys the grade is TYPICAL for most RR crossings so I stand by my assessment of SPEEDING being the problem and not the grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jafar00
12-31-2013, 05:09 PM
It looks to me like speed bumps, traffic chicane or roundabout is needed to force calm the traffic flow. Action is well overdue by the local council.

Most residential streets here have any combination of the above to slow drivers down and it keeps incidents to the minimum. Of course you have your hoons who invariably end up in the news, trapped in the mangled wreck of their car.