PDA

View Full Version : Driver arrested for having empty compartment that could potentially be used to hide d

Jeff
01-01-2014, 07:46 AM
This is for my friends up there in Ohio, seems you can't have a empty compartment in your vehicle no more :laugh: so be careful to keep the glove box full or y'all might be going to jail :laugh:

I made a joke about it but man think about how bad that really is, big brother is growing so fast, I think we are all in big trouble.

I’m all for stopping drugs, but this sounds ridiculous. What about tool compartments on vehicles? Glove compartments? Places for your jacks? Or anything you might just happen to put on your car. Driving is a privilege, not a right. But sometimes liberals go too far.Check it out:
Civil libertarians are criticizing Ohio police for arresting a driver because his car contained a compartment that could theoretically store illegal drugs, though no drugs were found at that time.

http://conservativebyte.com/2013/12/driver-arrested-empty-compartment-potentially-used-hide-drugs/

revelarts
01-01-2014, 10:04 AM
terrorist suspects, Drug running suspects, Gun tottin' SUSPECTS.
they COULD HAVE, MIGHT HAVE done something one day maybe.. so off ta jail.
all illegal, just go to jail, it's da law. You should'na broke da law.

Jeff I'm not sure how this is "liberals" fault though. a lot of liberals want to legalize drugs most conservative are the hardliners on drug laws . i'd suspect that republican lawmakers pushed this one through.

But how does this work if your just passing through the state. it's worse than a speed trap.
"your car is not up to our laws bubba, off ta jail wit ya"
"What law or code is that officer?"
"Never you mind you GUNRUNNING DRUG DEALER, are you resisting arrest, disrespectin an officer!!? I think i smell nuclear weapons, are you from Iran boy?"

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
This is for my friends up there in Ohio, seems you can't have a empty compartment in your vehicle no more :laugh: so be careful to keep the glove box full or y'all might be going to jail :laugh:

I made a joke about it but man think about how bad that really is, big brother is growing so fast, I think we are all in big trouble.

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://conservativebyte.com/2013/12/driver-arrested-empty-compartment-potentially-used-hide-drugs/[/FONT][/COLOR] The are just preppin' for the gestapo type country they are attempting to build. Don't worry Obama promises soon to exclude certain special groups from these special laws! Its how the Royalty always did it.. granting of special privileges is a King's right. Just as Obama issued royal decrees about exempting the Unions, etc from his healthcare crap. LAWS ARE BEING MADE NOW TO CREATE AND ENFORCE THE NEW AMERICA THAT BOYWONDER ENVISIONS. Soon they issue one that all black drivers are not to be stopped for traffic violations. Think it too far fetched then obviously you haven't been paying attention?? --Tyr

tailfins
01-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Someone must have hired the Castro brothers as consultants and decided to start enforcing la ley de peligrosidad in the US. It means that being "at risk" of committing a crime is a jailable offense.

glockmail
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Jeff I'm not sure how this is "liberals" fault though. a lot of liberals want to legalize drugs most conservative are the hardliners on drug laws . i'd suspect that republican lawmakers pushed this one through.

Y'all forget who is the governor here: Republican Gov. John Kasich.

Gaffer
01-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I didn't see what city this occurred in. But I'd bet it was northern Ohio.

While Kasinich is a rino, he's still way better than the imbecile we had before him.

DragonStryk72
01-01-2014, 11:40 PM

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://conservativebyte.com/2013/12/driver-arrested-empty-compartment-potentially-used-hide-drugs/[/FONT][/COLOR]

Okay... so see if I have this right: You can be arrested in the state of Ohio now for buying a used car that happened to have a secret compartment in it, because a cop decided to search the car and found. Since ignorance is not a valid defense, you can now be nailed with a drug-related conviction for the sheer, unmitigated gall of not doing a proper search of your new car for secret compartments?

tailfins
01-01-2014, 11:49 PM
I didn't see what city this occurred in. But I'd bet it was northern Ohio.

While Kasinich is a rino, he's still way better than the imbecile we had before him.

Would that be Governor Stricknine ?

darin
01-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Small step towards government-approved car purchases.

"We decided you do not NEED a SUV, therefore you may buy a sedan!" - Government, Nov 2042.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2014, 09:19 AM

"We decided you do not NEED a SUV, therefore you may buy a sedan!" - Government, Nov 2042. Or you do not meet our standards to either own or drive a car. Too bad you have refused to join "the right political Party". Come back when you register with the ONE party- the Dems. COULD EASILY HAPPEN SOONER THAN ANYBOD THINKS IT CAN. --TYR

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-03-2014, 08:06 AM

"We decided you do not NEED a SUV, therefore you may buy a sedan!" - Government, Nov 2042. The road to dictatorship begins with that first small step. ;) Has been made now Obama is into making giant leaps under the typical guise of doing so for our own good! No dictator ever rose to power by getting up and saying , "good morning citizens . I am your dictator here to enslave you now"!! Always they present their vision as a utopia for the betterment of all men. And always it is just the opposite.. bampunk is no different than any other dictator except he has to do his by degrees and take many years longer to accomplish. Someday he should be tried for his treason!! --Tyr

darin
01-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Thinking more about this situation - it's a little like arresting all men because they have the potential to force intercourse upon a woman or another man. They have all the equipment that COULD be used for crime...

Shameful.

fj1200
01-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Or, and hear me out here, it's just a stupid state law.

darin
01-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Or, and hear me out here, it's just a stupid state law.

That's not an 'or' statement - I think most of us agree :)

Abbey Marie
01-03-2014, 01:21 PM
From the article:
Driving is a privilege, not a right

This got me thinking, were horses licensed? How about the old horse & buggy? Why exactly is driving a "privilege"? I understand that we need to be sure someone is qualified, and insured, but haven't we gone too far? Shouldn't driving be a right with certain safeguards like proving you can drive, and liability insurance in case of injury?

Sometimes I think we just accept all these rules blindly, without question, and the current Nanny state is getting outrageoulsly intrusive just because they can.

fj1200
01-03-2014, 02:09 PM
That's not an 'or' statement - I think most of us agree :)

I'm not sure that most of us agree that it's just a stupid state law.

revelarts
01-03-2014, 04:08 PM
From the article:

This got me thinking, were horses licensed? How about the old horse & buggy? Why exactly is driving a "privilege"? I understand that we need to be sure someone is qualified, and insured, but haven't we gone too far? Shouldn't driving be a right with certain safeguards like proving you can drive, and liability insurance in case of injury?

Sometimes I think we just accept all these rules blindly, without question, and the current Nanny state is getting outrageoulsly intrusive just because they can.

this will be dejavu for some...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?44451-Miss-school-lose-your-drivers-license%85&p=678976#post678976

...concerning so called driving privileges, i strongly disagree.

Driver Licensing vs. the Right to Travel
The following argument has been used in at least three states (Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia) as a legal brief to support a demand for dismissal of charges of "driving without a license." It is the argument that was the reason for the charges to be dropped, or for a "win" in court against the argument that free people can have their right to travel regulated by their servants.
The forgotten legal maxim is that free people have a right to travel on the roads which are provided by their servants for that purpose, using ordinary transportation of the day. Licensing cannot be required of free people, because taking on the restrictions of a license requires the surrender of a right. The driver's license can be required of people who use the highways for trade, commerce, or hire; that is, if they earn their living on the road, and if they use extraordinary machines on the roads. If you are not using the highways for profit, you cannot be required to have a driver's license.....
continue reading @
http://www.calltodecision.com/dltr.htm

Do the state gov'ts own the road or do the people that paid for them?

Do you need a license to walk, ride a bike?
Does using a motor magically covey a state authority over your movements?

all rights not expressly given to the feds or states belong to the the people.
the rights to travel always in ever mode belong to the people 1st, if they cede some authority to the state they can take it back as well.

fj1200
01-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Do you need a license to walk, ride a bike?
Does using a motor magically covey a state authority over your movements?

You need a license to show that you are capable of operating a motorized vehicle according to the laws of the state. And no, the state doesn't have authority over your movements motor or not.

tailfins
01-04-2014, 02:48 PM
You need a license to show that you are capable of operating a motorized vehicle according to the laws of the state. And no, the state doesn't have authority over your movements motor or not.

Where do you stand on the current practice of revoking their driver license and passport when someone owes more than $2,500 in back child support?

fj1200
01-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Where do you stand on the current practice of revoking their driver license and passport when someone owes more than $2,500 in back child support?

I'm not broken up about it.