PDA

View Full Version : My boy's went to the Chic Fil A Bowl

Jeff
01-01-2014, 08:24 AM
The Boys baseball coach called and had tickets to the bowl game and unfortunately I didn't feel well enough to go but he took my boys who I am sure had the time of there lives . Funny thing is how they got the tickets, seems everyone here in GA knew the Dogs weren't going to the Championship game so they bought tickets for the Chic Fil A bowl figuring that is where they would be going but at the last minute they were invited to another Bowl so tickets came free all over :laugh: Even if I was a die hard GA fan ( or a fan to any one team ) if I already had the tickets I would of loved to of gone to any Bowl, and to see Johnny Football ( who I can't stand , but hey ya have to give credit where credit is do ) play his last college game , and he didn't disappoint , Dang I wish I could of gone :waaaah:

Voted4Reagan
01-01-2014, 01:11 PM
The Boys baseball coach called and had tickets to the bowl game and unfortunately I didn't feel well enough to go but he took my boys who I am sure had the time of there lives . Funny thing is how they got the tickets, seems everyone here in GA knew the Dogs weren't going to the Championship game so they bought tickets for the Chic Fil A bowl figuring that is where they would be going but at the last minute they were invited to another Bowl so tickets came free all over :laugh: Even if I was a die hard GA fan ( or a fan to any one team ) if I already had the tickets I would of loved to of gone to any Bowl, and to see Johnny Football ( who I can't stand , but hey ya have to give credit where credit is do ) play his last college game , and he didn't disappoint , Dang I wish I could of gone :waaaah:

I wonder how many Liberals and members of the LGBT Community went to the Chik-Fil-A Bowl...

Hypocrites....LOL

LiberalNation
01-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Pshhh hypocrites. I'm gay & eat at chic fil a. Tasty chicken & shakes over politics any day. All about priorities.

jimnyc
01-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I forgot about the game and when I turned it on Duke was already up 48-45 with like 3 minutes left. Then A&M got the pick6 to make it 52-48 and game over! :)

jimnyc
01-01-2014, 01:53 PM
I wonder how many Liberals and members of the LGBT Community went to the Chik-Fil-A Bowl...

Hypocrites....LOL

No doubt, I seriously don't think that huge stadium was filed up with all conservatives :coffee:

Pshhh hypocrites. I'm gay & eat at chic fil a. Tasty chicken & shakes over politics any day. All about priorities.

Excellent! I give you credit for being honest, and for taking such a stance. :)

fj1200
01-01-2014, 05:36 PM

Hypocrites....LOL

Unresolved issues? If they were there and if they didn't like the CFA stance I'm pretty sure that they would go because they support their team. But that would just be some crazy logic.

No doubt, I seriously don't think that huge stadium was filed up with all conservatives :coffee:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was filled up with football fans.

Voted4Reagan
01-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Unresolved issues? If they were there and if they didn't like the CFA stance I'm pretty sure that they would go because they support their team. But that would just be some crazy logic.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was filled up with football fans.

but isn't that the hypocrisy?

You can put aside your agenda for a Football game and not simply because a business owner doesn't agree with that agenda?.

That is the very definition of hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

There is no consistency.. Those that argued against Chik Fil A during the whole gay marriage issue are hypocrites for supporting it just because of a football game.

Voted4Reagan
01-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Did You Know . . .

The Chick-fil-A Bowl is one of America’s best bowl games at providing a memorable and exciting bowl experience for the student-athletes, coaches and fans of its participating teams. Did you know…

The Chick-fil-A Bowl is the ninth-oldest bowl game in the history of college football AND the oldest ACC vs. SEC match-up in the bowl business?

In 2010, the Chick-fil-A Bowl eclipsed the $100 million mark in cumulative team payout? With a $7.1 million payout in 2012, the Chick-fil-A Bowl reached $117.8 million in cumulative payout over its 45-year history.

The Chick-fil-A Bowl created and hosted, with partners Chick-fil-A and ESPN, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game to annually kick off the college football season? Since the inaugural matchup in 2008, teams that have played in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game have been ranked No. 1, No. 5 (twice), No. 7, No. 9, No. 14, No. 16, No. 18, No. 19, No. 24 (twice) and No. 25. Additionally, ESPN’s College GameDay began the season at the Kickoff Game the first three years of its inception and all Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games have earned prime time national broadcasts.
Each April, the Chick-fil-A Bowl hosts the Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge charity golf event? This three-day golf and resort experience features NCAA head coaches and celebrity alumni from around the country competing against their rivals for scholarship money. In seven years, the Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge has given more than $3.8 million in scholarship and charity.

When Georgia upset No. 14 Virginia Tech in 2006, the Chick-fil-A Bowl set the then-all-time attendance record for a sporting event in the Georgia Dome with 75,406 fans in attendance? That’s a bigger crowd than two Super Bowls and all the SEC Football Championship games at that time.

The Chick-fil-A Bowl is one of the most competitive bowl games in college football history? Over its 45-year history, the Bowl has recorded 13 games decided by a field goal or less and five one-point games. 56% of games (25 of 45) have been decided by a touchdown or less.

The 2013 Chick-fil-A Bowl marked the 17th consecutive sellout, and the 20th in 22 years at the Georgia Dome? Over the last 10 years, the Chick-fil-A Bowl ranks second in average attendance among all non-BCS bowl games – 71,824 per game.

The Chick-fil-A Bowl has disbursed more than $15 million in charitable and scholarship contributions? The Chick-fil-A Bowl again gave an all-time high $1.48 million to organizations in need in 2012 – ranking the Bowl first in giving among all bowl games.

The Chick-fil-A Bowl has generated more than $432.9 million in economic impact since 1999? In 2012, the Bowl recorded a $28.1 million economic impact for metro Atlanta.

fj1200
01-01-2014, 10:12 PM
but isn't that the hypocrisy?

You can put aside your agenda for a Football game and not simply because a business owner doesn't agree with that agenda?.

That is the very definition of hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

There is no consistency.. Those that argued against Chik Fil A during the whole gay marriage issue are hypocrites for supporting it just because of a football game.

No, it's a football game. Besides you're ranting about some alleged hypocrisy with no idea who went and what their positions are.

Voted4Reagan
01-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Besides you're ranting about some alleged hypocrisy with no idea who went and what their positions are.

at least a percentage were against Chik Fil A and the position that was taken.

The crowd at the game was not 100% Partisan on the issue.

to attend the game is to support the majority sponsor...

fj1200
01-01-2014, 10:21 PM
^Nobody gives a rip who the sponsor is.

Voted4Reagan
01-02-2014, 03:27 PM
^Nobody gives a rip who the sponsor is.

So if your favorite team was playing in the first annual Adolph Hitler Nazi Party Bowl and you had tickets you would attend?

Of course sponsorship matters.

fj1200
01-02-2014, 03:47 PM
So if your favorite team was playing in the first annual Adolph Hitler Nazi Party Bowl and you had tickets you would attend?

Of course sponsorship matters.

:laugh: Yeah, let me know when that happens. :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
01-02-2014, 05:04 PM
:laugh: Yeah, let me know when that happens. :laugh:

NO ANSWER? Just avoided it huh?

fj1200
01-02-2014, 05:11 PM
NO ANSWER? Just avoided it huh?

That was a real question? The Hitler Bowl? :laugh: As soon as political parties of fascist dictators start to sponsor bowls and have made it through the vetting process of the NCAA, the various conferences, and individual universities in accepting bowl invitations then I would probably not attend the Hitler Bowl. Then again, we didn't boycott the '36 Olympics did we?

Voted4Reagan
01-02-2014, 05:43 PM
http://www.longwood.k12.ny.us/history/yaphank/campsiegfried.htm

Nazi's were tolerated under Roosevelt.

Thats Long Island in the Link

gabosaurus
01-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I am not allowed to cheer for Texas A&M in any capacity. One of my best friends graduated from Texas and still lives in Austin. It's an honor code thing.
We are currently waiting for Johnny Football to become the next Ryan Leaf.

Jeff
01-03-2014, 07:43 AM
I am not allowed to cheer for Texas A&M in any capacity. One of my best friends graduated from Texas and still lives in Austin. It's an honor code thing.
We are currently waiting for Johnny Football to become the next Ryan Leaf.

Gabs I hate Johnny Football ( he is just to Cocky for me ) but ya have to give credit where it is do so I am doing the same as you , waiting to see how good he does in the Pro's .

fj1200
01-03-2014, 09:22 AM
http://www.longwood.k12.ny.us/history/yaphank/campsiegfried.htm

Nazi's were tolerated under Roosevelt.

Thats Long Island in the Link

So you would have gone to the Hitler Bowl in the 30's because your team was playing?