PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Irony

Missileman
01-01-2014, 04:44 PM
An expedition to the summer Antarctic to gather evidence of global warming is...wait for it...STUCK IN ICE!

This should win the "You can't make this stuff up" award for 2014. :laugh2:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/warming-expedition-stuck-ice/2013/12/31/id/544646

aboutime
01-01-2014, 05:10 PM
An expedition to the summer Antarctic to gather evidence of global warming is...wait for it...STUCK IN ICE!

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/warming-expedition-stuck-ice/2013/12/31/id/544646

Anyone wondering WHY we are hearing less, and less from http://icansayit.com/images/GORE.JPG these days?

revelarts
01-01-2014, 05:48 PM
:cool:

sarcasm alert
It's "climate change" DUUUH!
Of Course there's to much ice, that's what climate change predicts, annnnd if the polar bears are drowning because there's not enough ice then THAT'S what it predicts too. And it all Mans fault.
Head i win, Tails you lose.
You gas guzzlin' oil lovin' denyers just don't understand "science".
:rolleyes:

Voted4Reagan
01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Bush Did It!!!

SARCASM ALERT:slap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-01-2014, 06:34 PM

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/warming-expedition-stuck-ice/2013/12/31/id/544646 Should win the award for the entire decade IMHO. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jafar00
01-01-2014, 07:35 PM
So, you're saying that there shouldn't be ice in Antarctica?

Missileman
01-01-2014, 07:48 PM
So, you're saying that there shouldn't be ice in Antarctica?

No, that would be the expedition's expectation though...summer time in Antarctica with their supposed global warming going on. It kind of like getting eaten by a polar bear when trying to prove their extinction.

jafar00
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM
So Global warming is a Myth?

When some country towns are now recording temperatures of 54C in a Neutral (not El Nino or La Nina) year, something is amiss with our climate.

This is one of the headlines from last night's News.
http://i.imgur.com/JDQ3K0l.jpg

Trigg
01-02-2014, 04:16 PM
100 years of measuring the weather patterns is just a blip on the radar.

aboutime
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
100 years of measuring the weather patterns is just a blip on the radar.

Trigg. Next month, I will be 67. And, for as long as I can remember being aware of what the Weather was. EVERY year. We have had a COLD Winter, HOT Summer, and mixed FALL, and SPRING.

The Earth has been doing this kind of stuff longer than the number of Human beings on Earth.

Anyone who needs to blame our WEATHER on human beings...for the ALMIGHTY BUCK is either dumb, stupid, or both.

Missileman
01-02-2014, 11:52 PM

You need to get out more...cause yeah...it's a myth. They had to rename it to Global Climate Change when the cooling trend of the last few years occurred.

jafar00
01-03-2014, 01:44 PM
You need to get out more...cause yeah...it's a myth. They had to rename it to Global Climate Change when the cooling trend of the last few years occurred.

2013 was the hottest year on record for us. Some of our inland towns are posting record highs. They had to redo temperature scales on maps last year to take into account increased temperatures. Some of our farmers are going bust due to the drought.
Global WARMING is a very real thing for Australians.

Missileman
01-03-2014, 02:04 PM
2013 was the hottest year on record for us. Some of our inland towns are posting record highs. They had to redo temperature scales on maps last year to take into account increased temperatures. Some of our farmers are going bust due to the drought.

There is a difference between a regional hot spell and global warming.

darin
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
There is a difference between a regional hot spell and global warming.

Righto - global warming is systemic, chronic - not accute. People can cherry pick instances, yet deny the trend data.

aboutime
01-03-2014, 02:32 PM

jafar. Since you claim to be so highly intelligent. Demonstrate some of that knowledge, and backup your claims Historically by remembering something WE, here in the U.S. experienced many years ago called..."THE DUST BOWL".

Then try to tell all of us how terrible the temps were down there in OZ.

jimnyc
01-04-2014, 10:30 AM

When some country towns are now recording temperatures of 54C in a Neutral (not El Nino or La Nina) year, something is amiss with our climate.

Some areas are now facing very unusual and record breaking colds around the nation. Something is amiss with the climate. I think it's global cooling. But of course, both cold and warm weather proves global warming to some. Some also blame earthquakes and other crap on the same.

jimnyc
01-04-2014, 10:31 AM

ANd it's been the opposite in many, many other areas, with cold prevailing. Does that prove it's global warming causing the issues in Australia and global cooling in the other places?

aboutime
01-04-2014, 03:19 PM
What I find most interesting, if not comical about all of the GLOBAL WARMING, CLIMATE CHANGE BS discussions is.

Because of my age, and more than HALF A CENTURY of actually remembering weather, and climate yearly, wherever I happened to be...is that. NOTHING taking place today. Anywhere in the World. Northern, or Southern Hemispheres...is ANY DIFFERENT than what took place decades ago.

The only differences today are. People have more opportunities...with the newest technology available...to see, hear, learn, and understand what is taking place around the world...INSTANTLY.

Winters, Summers, Autumns, and Springs HAVE ALWAYS been the same...for as long as I have been around to learn, or experience them.

We humans have become easily-led, convinced, fooled, and gullible to anyone who offers any explanation about ANYTHING.
And all of the gullibility comes from the stark, absolute, positive fact that WE are terribly UNeducated about ALMOST EVERYTHING...unless there is a reward, or dollar connected.