PDA

View Full Version : The Islamization of Britain in 2013

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2014, 11:09 AM
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4112/islamization-britain
The Islamization of Britain in 2013

by Soeren Kern
December 30, 2013 at 5:00 am
In May, new census data published by the British government showed that Islam is set to become the dominant religion in Britain within the next generation.

On being informed that the girl did not want to get married, Mohammed Shahid Akhtar, Imam of Birmingham's Central Jamia Masjid Ghamkol Sharif Mosque, said, "She's 14. By Sharia, grace of Allah, she's legal to get married."

The Muslim population of Britain topped 3.3 million by the end of 2013 to become around 5.2% of the overall population of 63 million, according to figures extrapolated from a recent study on the growth of the Muslim population in Europe.

At the same time, opinion surveys consistently show that voters in Britain view Islam and the question of Muslim immigration as a top-ranked public concern. The British public, it seems, is increasingly worried about the establishment of a parallel Muslim society there.

But government efforts to push back against the Islamization of Britain have been halting and half-hearted.

What follows is a chronological review of some of the main stories involving the rise of Islam in Britain during 2013.

In January, Muslim gangs were filmed loitering on streets in London and demanding that passersby conform to Islamic Sharia law. In a series of videos, the self-proclaimed vigilantes—who call themselves Muslim London Patrol—are seen abusing non-Muslim pedestrians and repeatedly shouting "this is a Muslim area."

One video records the men shouting: "Allah is the greatest! Islam is here, whether you like it or not. We are here! We are here! What we need is Islam! What we need is Sharia!"

The video continues: "We are the Muslim Patrol. We are in north London, we are in south London, in east London and west London. We command good and forbid evil. Islam is here in London. [Prime Minister] David Cameron, Mr. Police Officer, whether you like it or not, we will command good and forbid evil. You will never get us. You can go to hell! This is not a Christian country. To hell with Christianity. Isa [Jesus] was a messenger of Allah. Muslim Patrol will never die. Allah is great! Allah is great! We are coming!"

In a January 23 interview with the online newspaper International Business Times, Anjem Choudary, a radical preacher who has long called for Sharia law to be implemented in Britain and other European countries, defended the gang, saying: "This is a wake-up call for society to ask, 'where are we headed?' There is a clash between Islam and liberal democracy in hotspot areas of London." The fact that this scum can preach radical and violent Islam without be jailed and tossed out of the country points to the fact they are likely to be conquered by this infection! Sad but true. Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Can anybody show me in all the history of mankind where an idea(Islam) can be stopped/destroyed by embracing, appeasing or promoting it!???? Delay tactics are a sure way to destruction. Two things have never stopped since their birth and those are Christianity and Islam. Only one of those two seek to conquer the world by sword and murder! Wake the hell up America! After France and Britain fall we are next on the damn list. They are laying the foundation here now!

Drummond
01-02-2014, 01:47 PM
The fact that this scum can preach radical and violent Islam without be jailed and tossed out of the country points to the fact they are likely to be conquered by this infection! Sad but true. Tyr

France first, I think, as the percentage of their Muslim population is around double of that of the UK.

But everything's set, here, so that increased influence cannot be resisted. In the UK, if someone publicly criticises Islam and in such a way that a Muslim within earshot can be deeply offended - to the point where any deterioration of public order can be inferred as at all likely to result - the 'offender' can be arrested for it.

Attempts made to suggest that those who aren't 'peaceful Muslims' who do their share of peaceful coexistence can be anything other than extremist, unrepresentative of 'mainstream' Islam, can be branded racist or worse ... their message shunned and discredited. Even the most Conservative publications here wouldn't dream of describing any Muslim terrorist, or rabble-rouser (such as Choudary) as other than 'extremist'.

It's written into the very culture, here, these days.

And that's the central point. Any politically 'off-message' stance cannot survive.

When politicians such as David Cameron speak up, in strong terms, to denounce the likes of Lee Rigby's murderers, they are sincere in their condemnation. BUT, they'd never dream of painting the perpetrators as other than part of an extremist few. Deviation from that line is unthinkable for any mainstream politician of ANY political persuasion.

If America is to be saved from the same appeasement, and its outcome, the truth of Islam's reality MUST be heard. No attempts to stifle it should succeed.

Because if they do, the enemy of Christianity, and democratic process, WILL WIN, AND SUBJUGATE YOU TO ITS TYRANNY.

jafar00
01-02-2014, 04:11 PM
The fact that this scum can preach radical and violent Islam without be jailed and tossed out of the country points to the fact they are likely to be conquered by this infection! Sad but true. Tyr

What happened to freedom of speech Tyr? Lol.

I do agree however. Freedom of speech should no be afforded to those who wish to incite others to violence or to upset community cohesion.

tailfins
01-02-2014, 05:47 PM

I do agree however. Freedom of speech should no be afforded to those who wish to incite others to violence or to upset community cohesion.

That is what we call a double standard. Either rights are inalienable or they are not. What is "community cohesion"? That sounds like a "catch all" term deisgn to short circuit freedom of speech. Either you support liberty or you don't. There is no selective application of rights. Establishing a protected group is assigning of nobility by another name.

jafar00
01-02-2014, 07:10 PM
That is what we call a double standard. Either rights are inalienable or they are not. What is "community cohesion"? That sounds like a "catch all" term deisgn to short circuit freedom of speech. Either you support liberty or you don't. There is no selective application of rights. Establishing a protected group is assigning of nobility by another name.

Inciting one group to hate and attack another group is one example. This I cannot accept. A group of people with different beliefs, customs, skin colour or other difference should have the right to be as they are without the fear of being attacked for it. A group that wants to attack them should never be given the right to do so.

gabosaurus
01-02-2014, 07:20 PM
My best friend's sister works in a pub not far from Manchester. She reported a disturbing instance of Islamic radicalism recently. Several Muslims had to be removed for committing a grievous offense. They had the audacity to cheer for Chelsea in a televised game against Manchester United.
Proving that freedom of speech does not exist during English soccer games. :cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Inciting one group to hate and attack another group is one example. This I cannot accept. A group of people with different beliefs, customs, skin colour or other difference should have the right to be as they are without the fear of being attacked for it. A group that wants to attack them should never be given the right to do so. Yet Islam has been repeated given that right by it being cleared of the transgressions its followers engage in--murder, arson , rape, child molesting, assault, slavery etc. You yourself give it cover by declaring all that murder in ALLAH'S NAME ARE NOT--TRUE MUSLIMS.. WHEN VERSES HAVE BEEN SHOWN REPEATEDLY HERE WHERE THE KORAN AND MOHAMMAD COMMANDED SUCH ACTIONS!--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2014, 08:03 PM

I do agree however. Freedom of speech should no be afforded to those who wish to incite others to violence or to upset community cohesion. There is no freedom of speech here that allows inciting murder as Islamist holy men do repeatedly here and there. . In Britain they have not the freedom of speech we have because we have the Constitution while they do not. -Tyr

jafar00
01-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Yet Islam has been repeated given that right by it being cleared of the transgressions its followers engage in--murder, arson , rape, child molesting, assault, slavery etc. You yourself give it cover by declaring all that murder in ALLAH'S NAME ARE NOT--TRUE MUSLIMS.. WHEN VERSES HAVE BEEN SHOWN REPEATEDLY HERE WHERE THE KORAN AND MOHAMMAD COMMANDED SUCH ACTIONS!--Tyr

This offences are also illegal in Islamic Law Tyr. You keep forgetting that!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-03-2014, 07:55 PM
This offences are also illegal in Islamic Law Tyr. You keep forgetting that! Then I suggest that you good Muslims GET OFF YOUR DUFFS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Actions speak louder than mere idle words amigo. Lets see some. Perverting a religion is far more deserving of retaliatory action than is drawing a cartoon. Are the good faithful Muslims just too scared to put a stop too it? Answers man. The world needs answers back by actual deeds if its just a few million people giving over a billion faithful followers a bad rap..-Tyr

gabosaurus
01-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Then I suggest that you good Muslims GET OFF YOUR DUFFS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Actions speak louder than mere idle words amigo. Lets see some. Perverting a religion is far more deserving of retaliatory action than is drawing a cartoon. Are the good faithful Muslims just too scared to put a stop too it? Answers man. The world needs answers back by actual deeds if its just a few million people giving over a billion faithful followers a bad rap..-Tyr

In many cases, the radical Muslims have the guns and other weapons. The faithful don't own guns, because Islam is a religion of peace. Who wins that argument?

I don't approve of crazy people owning guns. So what happens if I walk up to a crazy person and try to take his gun away? I become the latest peaceful person shot by a crazy people with a gun.

Drummond
01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
In many cases, the radical Muslims have the guns and other weapons. The faithful don't own guns, because Islam is a religion of peace. Who wins that argument?

I don't approve of crazy people owning guns. So what happens if I walk up to a crazy person and try to take his gun away? I become the latest peaceful person shot by a crazy people with a gun.

If Islam is truly a religion of peace, how come so many Muslims think otherwise ? And more ... do their best to offer warlike leadership of other Muslims ?

Think Hamas. Check out their Charter. The Hamas way is Jihadist, and they regard Muslims as having a duty to Jihad.

Hamas, in case you don't know, GOVERN Gaza. More, I suggest, than just a few fringe nutters following psychopathic 'tendencies'. And yes, they were VOTED IN TO POWER.

Tyr's point is a good one. If Islam is peaceful, its 'mainstream' of followers ditto, then they should care about their religion being hijacked and presented as something else. Care enough to do something decisive about it.

One Abu Hamza, who did NOT carry guns or bombs, preached his 'own' Jihadism outside the Finsbury Park mosque in north London, for YEARS. Why wasn't he met with opposition from the 'peaceful' majority ? Why was his preaching always unhindered by other Muslims ??

fj1200
01-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Ah yes, Hamas. When in doubt...

jafar00
01-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Then I suggest that you good Muslims GET OFF YOUR DUFFS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Actions speak louder than mere idle words amigo. Lets see some. Perverting a religion is far more deserving of retaliatory action than is drawing a cartoon. Are the good faithful Muslims just too scared to put a stop too it? Answers man. The world needs answers back by actual deeds if its just a few million people giving over a billion faithful followers a bad rap..-Tyr

Tell that to the Muslims who are working in the Police force. It's their job to deal with criminals isn't it?

If Islam is truly a religion of peace, how come so many Muslims think otherwise ? And more ... do their best to offer warlike leadership of other Muslims ?

Think Hamas. Check out their Charter. The Hamas way is Jihadist, and they regard Muslims as having a duty to Jihad.

Hamas, in case you don't know, GOVERN Gaza. More, I suggest, than just a few fringe nutters following psychopathic 'tendencies'. And yes, they were VOTED IN TO POWER.

You seem obsessed with Hamas ;)

They are fighting a territorial war and suffering from decades of occupation and opression. It has little to do with religion.

Tyr's point is a good one. If Islam is peaceful, its 'mainstream' of followers ditto, then they should care about their religion being hijacked and presented as something else. Care enough to do something decisive about it.

One Abu Hamza, who did NOT carry guns or bombs, preached his 'own' Jihadism outside the Finsbury Park mosque in north London, for YEARS. Why wasn't he met with opposition from the 'peaceful' majority ? Why was his preaching always unhindered by other Muslims ??

I was warned more than once to stay away from Finsbury Park Mosque as it was full of Wahhabis. Your blind opposition of Muslims without getting to know us is making you blind to the reality of what Muslims are doing and talking about.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-05-2014, 11:44 AM

I don't approve of crazy people owning guns. So what happens if I walk up to a crazy person and try to take his gun away? I become the latest peaceful person shot by a crazy people with a gun. So you maintain that Islam can not defend itself against its crazy radicals!??? Really? When have you seen or read about them even trying? You know, like gather a crowd to deliver action like they do when somebody insults the Prophet, the Koran, Allah or draws a cartoon? They have no problem then coming together to kill/murder to defend Islam! Your line of thinking I questioned has so many holes in it that it would make a good net for fishing. --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Tell that to the Muslims who are working in the Police force. It's their job to deal with criminals isn't it. HAHA, REALLY? Most Muslim police forces are charged with enforcing Sharia law . And Sharia law validates what the so-called criminals are doing! A bit like complaining that the cops in your town are crooked and being told to go lodge the complaint at the local police station. --Tyr

jafar00
01-05-2014, 01:45 PM
HAHA, REALLY? Most Muslim police forces are charged with enforcing Sharia law . And Sharia law validates what the so-called criminals are doing!

No it doesn't. That is the point Tyr!

Drummond
01-05-2014, 02:56 PM
You seem obsessed with Hamas ;)

Interesting that you should say that, Jafar.

You tell us that you're a Muslim, you've made it plain that yours is a belief, as you refer to it, as one committed to peace. Isn't that a broad summary of your position ? And yet .. you've also indicated to us your support of Hamas, a known terrorist organisation, and I've yet to see a clear statement from you saying that support had ended !!!

If it hasn't, and if it won't, could it be said that 'obsession' is the reason ? Your two positions should surely contradict each other ?

They are fighting a territorial war and suffering from decades of occupation and opression. It has little to do with religion

Little to do with religion ? Try telling Hamas that !

If what you say is true, maybe you can explain evidence from their own Charter, 'suggesting' otherwise ?

See ....

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

Grace to Allah, whose help we seek, whose forgiveness we beseech,

whose guidance we implore and on whom we rely. We pray and bid peace upon

the Messenger of Allah, his family, his companions, his followers and

those who spread his message and followed his tradition; they will last as

long as there exist Heaven and Earth.

In the midst of misadventure, from the depth of suffering, from

the believing hearts and purified arms; aware of our duty and in response

to the decree of Allah, we direct our call(6), we rally together and join

each other. We educate in the path of Allah ...

'Little to do with religion' ? You sure about that, Jafar ?

The Islamic Resistance Movement draws its guidelines from Islam;

derives from it its thinking, interpretations and views about existence,

life and humanity; refers back to it for its conduct; and is inspired by

it in whatever step it takes.

Still sure, Jafar ?

The Islamic Resistance Movement is one of the wings of the Muslim

Brothers in Palestine. The Muslim Brotherhood Movement is a world

organization, the largest Islamic Movement in the modern era.

-- More ?

As the Movement adopts Islam as its way of life, its time

dimension extends back as far as the birth of the Islamic Message and of

the Righteous Ancestor. Its ultimate goal is Islam, the Prophet its model,

the Quran its Constitution. Its spacial dimension extends wherever on

earth there are Muslims, who adopt Islam as their way of life; thus, it

penetrates to the deepest reaches of the land and to the highest spheres

of Heavens.

The Slogan of the Hamas

Article Eight

Allah is its goal, the Prophet its model, the Quzan its

Constitution, Jihad its path and death for the case of Allah its most

sublime belief.
Well, Jafar, 'I'm convinced' ....:laugh::laugh::coffee:

I was warned more than once to stay away from Finsbury Park Mosque as it was full of Wahhabis. Your blind opposition of Muslims without getting to know us is making you blind to the reality of what Muslims are doing and talking about.

All I have to say in reply, Jafar, is ... what have I quoted above, where do those quotes come from, what did its author(s) intend, and why ? These quotes are just a selection. More of such quotes can be readily supplied, each just as condemnatory.

Hamas sees itself as a beacon for Islam .. and it is Jihadist in nature. As Israelis have found out, to their cost, on many occasions.

So, given the nature of Islam as revealed by the Hamas document .. and remember, MUSLIMS gave their ENDORSEMENT of all this, by voting Hamas into power !!! .. why shouldn't Britain think it has reason for concern, given that very nature ? Remember Lee Rigby ... and London's '7/7' ...

And remember, Jafar. YOU SUPPORT HAMAS.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-05-2014, 03:04 PM
No it doesn't. That is the point Tyr! Here is a link to Sharia law. Its not codified so your claiming it denies certain punishments entire Islamic nations use daily is false. Check it out .. --Tyr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_law_by_country Application of sharia law by country

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a summary of the application of sharia by country.

Since the early Islamic states of the eighth and ninth centuries, sharia always existed alongside other normative systems.[1] Most Muslim countries adopt only a few aspects of sharia, while few countries apply the entire code.[2] Many predominantly Muslim countries have not adopted hudud penalties in their criminal justice systems.[2] Ali Mazrui stated that "most Muslim countries do not use traditional classical Islamic punishments".[3] The harshest penalties are enforced with varying levels of consistency.[4] The use of flogging is more common compared to punishments like amputations.[3]

Contents [hide]
1 Classification 1.1 Mixed systems
1.2 Classical sharia systems
1.3 Secular systems

2 Sharia in the world 2.1 Legend
2.2 Africa
2.3 The Americas
2.4 Asia-Pacific
2.5 Europe
2.6 Regional variations

3 References

Classification[edit]

Jan Michiel Otto divides the legal systems of Muslim countries in three groups: mixed systems, classical sharia systems and secular systems.[5]

Mixed systems[edit]

Mixed systems postulate the hegemony of the national constitution and the rule of law, while allowing the rules of Islam to play a dominant role in certain areas of national law.[5]

This is the most common system in Muslim states.[6] Sharia still plays a large part, but is not the sole or even dominating aspect of the justice system.[6] These states often have written constitutions and a codified set of laws.[6]

Classical sharia systems[edit]

Classical sharia systems formally equate national law with sharia, and to a great extent national law is based on sharia; religious scholars (ulama) play a decisive role in the application and interpretation of sharia as national law, while the legal changes allowed to the ruler are limited.[5]

Only a small minority of Muslim nations institute this system.[6] These countries for the most part lack constitutions or codification of laws outside of the Sunnah and Hadith.[6] The ulama are the source of ijma (scholarly consensus) and therefore determinants of the law of the land.[6] Even the ruling parties do not have the power to institute large-scale changes because of the power of the ulama.[6]

Secular systems[edit]

Secular systems afford no recognition to religious interference in state affairs, and sharia is not recognized or applied within national law.[5]

Secular states are a minority among countries with a predominantly Muslim population.[6] In these systems, religion is deemed to be irreconcilable with the state and is not permitted to interfere with politics or the law.[6]

Members of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation where sharia plays no role in the judicial system.

Countries where Sharia applies in personal status issues (such as marriage, divorce, inheritance, and child custody), but otherwise have a secular legal system.

Countries where Sharia applies in full, covering personal status issues as well as criminal proceedings.

Regional variations in the application of sharia

Africa[edit]

Key

Country

Notes

Algeria Article 222 of the Family Code of 1984 specifies sharia as the residuary source of laws.[7] In criminal cases the testimony of two women are equal to the testimony of one male witness.[8]
Benin It has a civil law system with influences from customary law.[9]
Burkina Faso It has a civil law system.[9]
Cameroon It has a mixed legal system of English common law, French civil law, and customary law.[9]
Chad The government is declared to be secular in the constitution.[10]
Comoros The legal system is based on Sharia.[11] According to the article 229-7 of the Penal Code, any Muslim who makes use of products forbidden by Islamic law can be punished by imprisonment of up to six months.[12]
Cote d'Ivoire It has a civil law system.[9]
Djibouti The Family Code is mainly derived from Islamic law and regulates personal status matters such as marriage, divorce, child custody and inheritance.[13]
Egypt Sharia courts and qadis are run and licensed by the Ministry of Justice.[14] The personal status law that regulates matters such as marriage, divorce and child custody is governed by Sharia. In a family court, a woman’s testimony is worth half of a man’s testimony.[15]
Eritrea Sharia courts entertain cases dealing with marriage, inheritance and family of Muslims.[16]
Ethiopia Sharia courts have jurisdiction on cases regaring marriage, divorce, maintenance, guardianship of minors (only if both parties are Muslims). Also included are cases concerning waqfs, gifts, succession, or wills, provided that donor is a Muslim or deceased was a Muslim at time of death.[17]
Gabon It has a mixed legal system of French civil law and customary law.[9]
Gambia Article 7 of the constitution identifies sharia as source of law in matters of personal status and inheritance among members of communities to which it applies.[18]
Ghana Islamic law is applied by customary or traditional courts as part of customary law.[19]
Guinea-Bissau It has a mixed legal system of civil law and customary law.[9]
Guinea It has a civil law system.[10]
Kenya Islamic law is applied by Kadhis' Courts where "all the parties profess the Muslim religion".[20] Under article 170, section 5 of the constitution, the jurisdiction of Kadhis’ court is limited to matters relating to "personal status, marriage, divorce or inheritance in proceedings in which all the parties profess the Muslim religion and submit to the jurisdiction of the Kadhi’s courts".[21]
Libya Qaddafi merged civil and sharia courts in 1973. Civil courts now employ sharia judges who sit in regular courts of appeal and specialise in sharia appellate cases.[22] The personal status laws are derived from Islamic law.[23]
Mali It has a civil law system influenced by customary law.[9]
Mauritania The Penal Code contains Sharia crimes such heresy, apostasy, atheism, refusal to pray, adultery and alcoholism. Punishments include lapidation, amputation and flagellation.[24]
Morocco In 1956, a Code of Personal Status (Mudawana) was issued, based on dominant Maliki doctrine. Sharia sections of regional courts also hear personal status cases on appeal.[25] In matters of family law, a woman’s testimony is worth only half of that of a man.[26] The Moudawana was the subject of a wide-ranging reform in 2004.[27]
Mozambique Article 9 of the constitution declares it a secular state.[28]
Niger It has not adopted any elements of Islamic law.[29]
Senegal The government is declared to be secular in the constitution.[10]
Sierra Leone It has a common law system influenced by customary law.[9]
Somalia Sharia was adopted in 2009.[30] Religious law is traditionally only used to settle domestic disputes, including issues of marriage and family. Traditional law usually takes precedence on criminal matters.[31]
Sudan The Criminal Act of 1991 prescribes punishments which include forty lashes for drinking alcohol, amputation of the right hand for theft of a certain value and stoning for adultery.[32][33]
Tanzania Islamic law is applicable to Muslims under the Judicature and Applications of Laws Act, empowering courts to apply Islamic law to matters of succession in communities that generally follow Islamic law in matters of personal status and inheritance. Unlike mainland Tanzania, Zanzibar retains Islamic courts.[34]
Togo It has a customary law system.[9]
Tunisia The Law of Personal Status was inspired by unofficial draft codes of Maliki and Hanafi family law, but it bans polygamy and extrajudicial divorce. Sharia courts were abolished in 1956.[35][36]
Uganda Article 129 (1) (d) of the constitution allows the parliament to establish by law "Qadhi’s courts for marriage, divorce, inheritance of property and guardianship".[37]

The Americas[edit]

Key

Country

Notes

Guyana The country has a common law system.[9]
Suriname The country has a civil law system.[9]

Asia-Pacific[edit]

Key

Country

Notes

Afghanistan Criminal law in Afghanistan continues to be governed in large part by Islamic law. The Criminal Law of September 1976 codifies sharia, and retains punishments such as the stoning to death of adulterers. However virtually all courts, including the Supreme Court of Afghanistan, rely on Islamic law directly.[38]
Azerbaijan The government is declared to be secular in the constitution.[10]
Bahrain Civil courts have jurisdiction over cases related to civil, commercial, and criminal matters, while Sharia courts are limited to personal status law issues only.[39][40] A personal status law was codified in 2009 to regulate personal status matters. It applies only to Sunni Muslims; there is no codified personal status law for Shiites. Before a Shari’a court a woman's testimony is worth half of that of a man.[41]
Bangladesh Marriage, divorce, alimony and property inheritance are regulated by Sharia for Muslims.[42] The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1937 (XXVI of 1937) applies to Muslims in all matters relating to Family Affairs.[43] Islamic family law is applied through the regular court system.[44] There are no limitations on interfaith marriages.[45]
Brunei Sharia courts decide personal status cases or cases relating to religious offences.[46] Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah declared in 2011 his wish to establish Islamic criminal law as soon as possible.[47]
Gaza Strip The Egyptian personal status law of 1954 is applied. The personal status law is based on Islamic law and regulates matters related to inheritance, marriage, divorce and child custody. Shari’a courts hear cases related to personal status. The testimony of a woman is worth only half of that of a man in cases related to marriage, divorce and child custody.[48]
India The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act 1937 directs the application of Muslim Personal Law to Muslims in a number of different areas, mainly related to family law.[49]
Iran Article 167 of the constitution states that all judicial rulings must be based upon "authoritative Islamic sources and authentic fatwa".[50] Book 2 of the Islamic Penal Code of Iran is entirely devoted to hudud punishments, including flogging and stoning for adultery, and execution for men who have sex with men.[51]
Iraq Article 1 of Civil Code identifies Islamic law as a main source of legislation.[52] The 1958 Code, made polygamy extremely difficult, granted child custody to the mother in case of divorce, prohibited repudiation and marriage under the age of 16.[53] In 1995, Iraq introduced Sharia punishment for certain types of criminal offenses.[54] Iraq's legal system is based on French civil law as well as Sunni and Jafari (Shi’ite) interpretations of Sharia.[55] Article 41 of the constitution allows for personal status matters (such as marriage, divorce and inheritance) to be governed by the rules of each religious group. The article has not yet been put into effect, and a unified personal status law remains in place that builds on the 1959 personal status code.[56]
Israel Sharia law is one of the sources of legislation for Muslim citizens.[57] Islamic law is binding on personal law issues for Muslim citizens.[57]
Jordan The Family Law in force is the Personal Status Law of 1976.[53] Sharia courts have jurisdiction over personal status matters relating to Muslims.[58] In sharia courts the testimony of two women is equal to that of one man.[59]
Kazakhstan Islamic law was in force up until early 1920.[60] A secular state under the 1995 constitution.[61]
Kuwait Kuwait follows the civil law system based on French and Egyptian models.[62] Kuwait's legal system is a mix of British common law, French civil law, Egyptian civil law and Islamic law.[63] For the application of personal status laws, there are three separate sections: Sunni, Shia and non-Muslim.[64] The personal status law is based on the Maliki school of Sunni Islam. For Shiites, their own school of Islam regulates personal status matters. Before a family court the testimony of a woman is worth half of that of a man.[65]
Kyrgyzstan It has a civil law system.[10]
Lebanon Lebanon's legal system is based on a combination of Civil Law, Sharia law and Ottoman laws.[66] There are 17 official religions in Lebanon, each with its own family law and religious courts. The Law of 16 July 1962 declares that Sharia law governs personal status laws of Muslims, with Sunni and Ja'afari Shia jurisdictions.[53]
Malaysia Muslims are bound by Sharia on personal matters like marriage and custody rights, while members of other faiths follow civil law. In 1988 the constitution was amended to state that civil courts cannot hear matters that fall within the jurisdiction of Sharia courts.[67] Muslims are required to follow Islamic law in family, property and religious matters.[68] In 2002, the state government of Terengganu approved a bill to bring in Islamic criminal law, including death by stoning for adultery and cutting off hands and feet for theft.[69] Kelantan also enacted similar laws, but they cannot be applied as they are in conflict with the constitution.[70] Malaysian Muslims can be sentenced to caning for such offences as drinking beer,[71] and adultery.[72]
Maldives Article 15 of the Act Number 1/81 (Penal Code) allows for hudud punishments.[73] Article 156 of the constitution states that law includes the norms and provisions of sharia.[74]
Oman Provisions of the Islamic Sharia are the basis for legislation in Oman as stated in Article 2 of the Basic Law. The Personal Statute (Family) Law issued by Royal Decree 97/32 codified provisions of Sharia.[75] Sharia is the source of all legislation, and Sharia Court Departments within the civil court system are responsible for family-law matters, such as divorce and inheritance.[76] Instead of having a separate sharia court system, there is a department of sharia within all the three tiers of the country’s court system which deals with matters related to personal status. A 2008 law stipulates that the testimonies of men and women before a court are equal.[77]
Pakistan Until 1978 Islamic law was largely restricted to personal status issues. Zia ul Haq introduced Sharia courts and made far reaching changes in the criminal justice system.[78] Articles 203a to 203j of the constitution establish a sharia court with the power to judge any law or government actions to be against Islam, and to review court cases for adherence to Islamic law. The penal code includes elements of sharia.[79] Under article 5, section 2 of the Ordinance No. VII of 1979, whoever is guilty of zina, "if he or she is a muhsan, be stoned to death at a public place; or if he or she is not a mushan, be punished, at a public place, with whipping numbering one hundred stripes".[80] Under a 2006 law, rape cases can be heard under civil as well as Islamic law.[81]
Qatar Sharia is one of the main sources of legislation.[82] Codified family law was introduced in 2006. Sharia courts were abolished in 2003 but Sharia principles are still applied in matters related to personal status (such as marriage, divorce and child custody). In some cases a woman’s testimony is worth half a man’s and in some cases a female witness is not accepted at all.[83] Article 1 of the Law No. 11 Of 2004 (Penal Code) allows for the application of "sharia provisions" for the crimes of theft, adultery, defamation, drinking alcohol and apostasy if either the suspect or the victim is a Muslim.[84]
Saudi Arabia Saudi criminal law is based totally on sharia.[85] No codified personal status law exists, which means that judges in courts rule based on their own interpretations of sharia.[86] See Legal system of Saudi Arabia
Singapore Sharia courts may hear and determine actions in which all parties are Muslims or in which parties involved were married under Muslim law. Court has jurisdiction over cases related to marriage, divorce, betrothal, nullity of marriage, judicial separation, division of property on divorce, payment of dowry, maintenance, and muta.[87]
Sri Lanka Private matters of Muslims are governed by Muslim Law, including marriage, divorce custody and maintenance. Muslim law principles have been codified in the Act No. 13 of 1951 Marriage and Divorce (Muslim) Act; Act No. 10 of 1931 Muslim Intestate Succession Ordinance and Act No. 51 of 1956 Muslim Mosques and Charitable Trusts or Wakfs Act.[88]
Syria Article 3 of the 1973 Syrian constitution declares Islamic jurisprudence one of Syria's main sources of legislation.[89] The Personal Status Law 59 of 1953 (amended by Law 34 of 1975) is essentially a codified Sharia law.[90] The Code of Personal Status is applied to Muslims by Sharia courts.[91] In Sharia courts, a woman's testimony is worth only half of a man's.[92]
Tajikistan The government is declared to be secular in the constitution.[10]
Turkmenistan Article 11 of the constitution declares that religious groups are separate from the state and the state educational system.[93]
Uzbekistan It has a civil law system.[9]
West Bank The Jordanian personal status law of 1976 is applied. The personal status law is based on Islamic law and regulates matters related to inheritance, marriage, divorce and child custody. Sharia courts hear cases related to personal status. The testimony of a woman is worth only half of that of a man in cases related to marriage, divorce and child custody.[48]
Yemen Law 20/1992 regulates personal status. The constitution mentions sharia.[94] Penal law provides for application of hadd penalties for certain crimes, although the extent of implementation is unclear.[95] Article 263 of the 1994 penal code states that "the adulterer and adulteress without suspicion or coercion are punished with whipping by one hundred strokes as a penalty if not married. [...] If the adulterer or the adulteress are married, they are punished by stoning them to death."[96]

Europe[edit]

Key

Country

Notes

Albania It has a civil law system, except in the northern rural areas where the Code of Leke prevails.[9]
Bosnia It has a civil law system.[9]
Kosovo It has an evolving legal system; a mixture of applicable Kosovo law, UNMIK laws and regulations, and laws of former Yugoslavia.[9]
Turkey It abolished sharia in April 1924, with the Law Regarding the Abolition of Islamic Law Courts and Amendments Regarding the Court Organization.[97]

Regional variations[edit]

Country

Key

Region(s)

Notes

Indonesia Aceh Aceh is the only part of Indonesia to apply Sharia in full. Islamic courts in Aceh had long handled cases of marriage, divorce and inheritance. After special autonomy legislation was passed in 2001, the reach of courts extend to criminal justice.[98] Under a 2009 law, married people convicted of adultery can be sentenced to death by stoning, while unmarried people can be sentenced to 100 lashes.[99]
Rest of Indonesia In other parts of Indonesia, religious courts have jurisdiction over civil cases between Muslim spouses on matters concerning marriage, divorce, reconciliation, and alimony. The competence of religious courts is not exclusive, and parties can apply to District Courts for adjudication on basis of Roman Dutch law or local adat.[100] Since 2006, a number of districts have issued local ordinances based on sharia, although many are unconstitutional.[101]
Nigeria Sharia states Until 1999, Islamic law applied primarily to civil matters, but twelve of Nigeria’s thirty-six states have since extended Sharia to criminal matters.[102] Sharia courts can order amputations, and a few have been carried out.[103] The twelve sharia states are Zamfara, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto and Yobe.[104] See also the main article, Sharia in Nigeria.
Borno, Gombe and Yobe Borno, Gombe and Yobe have not yet begun to apply their Sharia Penal Codes.[105]
Rest of Nigeria The rest of Nigeria has a mixed legal system of English common law and traditional law.[9]
Philippines Mindanao There are sharia trial and circuit trial courts in Mindanao.[106] Sharia District Courts (SDCs) and Sharia Circuit Courts (SCCs) were created in 1977 through Presidential Decree 1083, which is also known as the Code of Muslim Personal Laws.[107]
Rest of the Philippines The rest of the Philippines has a mixed legal system of civil, common, and customary law.[9]
Thailand Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani and Songkhla In Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani and Songkhla provinces, Islamic law is allowed for settling family and inheritance issues under a 1946 law.[108]
Rest of Thailand The remaining provinces of Thailand have a civil law system with common law influences.[9]
United Arab Emirates Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah are not part of the federal judicial system.[109]
Rest of the UAE The court system comprises Sharia courts and civil courts. The Personal Status Law, which is based on Sharia and was enacted in 2005, regulates matters such as marriage, divorce and child custody. In criminal matters a woman’s testimony is worth half of that of a man before a court.[110] Sharia courts have exclusive jurisdiction to hear family disputes, including matters involving divorce, inheritances, child custody, child abuse and guardianship of minors. Sharia courts may, at the federal level only, also hear appeals of certain criminal cases including rape, robbery, driving under the influence of alcohol and related crimes. Article 1 of the 1987 Federal Penal Code states that "provisions of the Islamic Law shall apply to the crimes of doctrinal punishment, punitive punishment and blood money."[111] The Federal Penal Code repealed only those provisions within the penal codes of individual Emirates which are contradictory to the Federal Penal Code. Hence, both are enforceable simultaneously.[112] Sharia courts sometimes impose flogging sentences for drug use, prostitution, and adultery.[113]

jafar00
01-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Interesting that you should say that, Jafar.

You tell us that you're a Muslim, you've made it plain that yours is a belief, as you refer to it, as one committed to peace. Isn't that a broad summary of your position ? And yet .. you've also indicated to us your support of Hamas, a known terrorist organisation, and I've yet to see a clear statement from you saying that support had ended !!!

If it hasn't, and if it won't, could it be said that 'obsession' is the reason ? Your two positions should surely contradict each other ?

Little to do with religion ? Try telling Hamas that !

If what you say is true, maybe you can explain evidence from their own Charter, 'suggesting' otherwise ?

See ....

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

'Little to do with religion' ? You sure about that, Jafar ?

Still sure, Jafar ?

-- More ?

Well, Jafar, 'I'm convinced' ....:laugh::laugh::coffee:

All I have to say in reply, Jafar, is ... what have I quoted above, where do those quotes come from, what did its author(s) intend, and why ? These quotes are just a selection. More of such quotes can be readily supplied, each just as condemnatory.

Hamas sees itself as a beacon for Islam .. and it is Jihadist in nature. As Israelis have found out, to their cost, on many occasions.

So, given the nature of Islam as revealed by the Hamas document .. and remember, MUSLIMS gave their ENDORSEMENT of all this, by voting Hamas into power !!! .. why shouldn't Britain think it has reason for concern, given that very nature ? Remember Lee Rigby ... and London's '7/7' ...

And remember, Jafar. YOU SUPPORT HAMAS.

So, they pray and make supplication to help them in their endeavour. I'm sure more than a few Nazi soldiers also prayed before going into battle. So did the Allies.

You're not proving anything here. Too many words that go nowhere.

Drummond
01-06-2014, 04:22 PM
So, they pray and make supplication to help them in their endeavour. I'm sure more than a few Nazi soldiers also prayed before going into battle. So did the Allies.

You're not proving anything here. Too many words that go nowhere.

Perhaps 'too many words' ... fair enough. After all, I'd proved my point with the first 2 quotes ... Hamas are steeped in religious 'justifications' for all they do, and they go so far as to try to define what a Muslim's duty should be ... to fight Jihad.

You claim:

So, they pray and make supplication to help them in their endeavour.

You're seriously suggesting that this is all there is to it ??

OK, then, mindful of your concern about quantities of words .. I'll just quote THIS from the link I supplied before --

Article Twelve

Hamas regards Nationalism (Wataniyya) as part and parcel of the

religious faith. Nothing is loftier or deeper in Nationalism than waging

Jihad against the enemy and confronting him when he sets foot on the land

of the Muslims. And this becomes an individual duty(25) binding on every

Muslim man and woman; a woman must go out and fight the enemy even without

her husband's authorization, and a slave without his masters' permission.

How, exactly, could this be clearer ? Here, Hamas are defining the 'individual duty', binding 'on every Muslim man and woman', to go and fight Jihadist battles ! It says ... 'Hamas regards Nationalism (Wataniyya) as part and parcel of the religious faith ..' combined with .. 'Nothing is loftier or deeper in Nationalism than waging Jihad against the enemy'.

This, Jafar, goes WAY further than just 'praying and making supplication'.

jafar00
01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Perhaps 'too many words' ... fair enough. After all, I'd proved my point with the first 2 quotes ... Hamas are steeped in religious 'justifications' for all they do, and they go so far as to try to define what a Muslim's duty should be ... to fight Jihad.

You claim:

You're seriously suggesting that this is all there is to it ??

OK, then, mindful of your concern about quantities of words .. I'll just quote THIS from the link I supplied before --

How, exactly, could this be clearer ? Here, Hamas are defining the 'individual duty', binding 'on every Muslim man and woman', to go and fight Jihadist battles ! It says ... 'Hamas regards Nationalism (Wataniyya) as part and parcel of the religious faith ..' combined with .. 'Nothing is loftier or deeper in Nationalism than waging Jihad against the enemy'.

This, Jafar, goes WAY further than just 'praying and making supplication'.

"Hamas Regards"

That is all I need to debunk your theory.

Hamas doesn't speak for Muslims. Only for themselves and their own opinions.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-06-2014, 07:18 PM
"Hamas Regards"

That is all I need to debunk your theory.

Hamas doesn't speak for Muslims. Only for themselves and their own opinions. So are you claiming Hamas is not Muslim??? --Tyr

jafar00
01-06-2014, 10:05 PM
So are you claiming Hamas is not Muslim??? --Tyr

They may be, but some of their actions aren't. They are fighting a territorial war, not a religious one.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-07-2014, 08:54 AM
They may be, but some of their actions aren't. They are fighting a territorial war, not a religious one. YET THEY ARE MUSLIM AND THEY MURDER INNOCENT PEOPLE TO INSTILL TERROR. You can rationalize all you want but those two are known facts.-Tyr

jafar00
01-07-2014, 01:45 PM
YET THEY ARE MUSLIM AND THEY MURDER INNOCENT PEOPLE TO INSTILL TERROR. You can rationalize all you want but those two are known facts.-Tyr

Muslims can do bad things. As do Christians, Jews, Mormons, Hindus......

We all have the ability to sin.

aboutime
01-07-2014, 02:44 PM

jafar. That kind of excuse making is so old, and out-dated.

When I was very young. My father had a saying:

"If your friend sticks his head in the furnace. Does that mean you should stick your head in the furnace too?"

Most humans are aware of PEOPLE, no matter what religion they claim, who do bad things.
But you...trying to make Muslims sound less guilty by including others...is just Immature, and Dumb.

Voted4Reagan
01-07-2014, 03:09 PM

There is no true freedom of speech in Europe.

The Brits aren't allowed to speak freely about this... or they can go to jail.

Drummond
01-07-2014, 03:51 PM

The comparison falls down when you consider what IS done.

Limit this to Christians v Muslims. So tell me, what Christians form terrorist cells, then fly aeroplanes into skyscrapers ? Or bomb Tube networks ? Or capture, then behead people ? Or threaten people with death if they've drawn some cartoons not to Christianity's liking ?

You say Islam is a religion of peace ? DO you ? On evidence such as that ?

Tell me why there are SO MANY Muslim terrorists out there, multiple groups of them, in various parts of the world, doing (or planning for) such barbarities. Saying 'they've all got it wrong about Islam' is not convincing.

You try to excuse Hamas, saying that what they do isn't religion-based, yet I've posted quote after quote from their own Charter showing otherwise. Read their Charter, and it's clear that their position is that THEY are a standard-bearer for Muslims !!!

AND ... you support them yourself !!

Tyr has tackled you on the simple, well-known fact that Hamas IS MUSLIM. They want, and insist on, Sharia Law ... isn't that Muslim (and if 'not', explain Tyr's posting about its applications !).

Let me repost Article 12 ..

Hamas regards Nationalism (Wataniyya) as part and parcel of the
religious faith. Nothing is loftier or deeper in Nationalism than waging

Jihad against the enemy and confronting him when he sets foot on the land

of the Muslims. And this becomes an individual duty(25) binding on every

Muslim man and woman; a woman must go out and fight the enemy even without

her husband's authorization, and a slave without his masters' permission.

This [principle] does not exist under any other regime, and it is

a truth not to be questioned.

On what basis is it 'not to be questioned', Jafar ?

Note [25] referred to, meant to help define the 'individual duty' referred to ... this says ...

25. Fard 'ayn, is an individual duty under Islamic Law, to distinguish

from "Fard Kifaya," which is a collective duty. Fard 'ayn is an absolute

duty which overrides other considerations such as the duties of a wife

towards her husband and of a slave towards his master.

Note that last one, by the way. They make PROVISION FOR SLAVERY ???

So anyway ... 'Fard 'ayn' is an 'absolute duty', overriding 'other considerations' ? On what basis, Jafar ... a NON religious one ?

Do explain ....

Drummond
01-07-2014, 03:59 PM
There is no true freedom of speech in Europe.

The Brits aren't allowed to speak freely about this... or they can go to jail.

Good point. Over here, you have to be more than a little cautious about what you say, and the circumstances in which you say it. Some scenarios lend themselves to judicial action.

One reason I stick with this forum, rather than spend my time on home-grown ones, is that I feel a lot more free to say what I want. If I were to sound off, in the UK, just as I do here, on subjects such as this one .. at absolute minimum, I'd undoubtedly get strong censure from contributors and Forum organisers alike. My comments wouldn't be tolerable for failing to abide with political correctness expectations.

aboutime
01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Good point. Over here, you have to be more than a little cautious about what you say, and the circumstances in which you say it. Some scenarios lend themselves to judicial action.

One reason I stick with this forum, rather than spend my time on home-grown ones, is that I feel a lot more free to say what I want. If I were to sound off, in the UK, just as I do here, on subjects such as this one .. at absolute minimum, I'd undoubtedly get strong censure from contributors and Forum organisers alike. My comments wouldn't be tolerable for failing to abide with political correctness expectations.

Sir Drummond. Please, allow me to grant you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, and, without further ado...May I grant you the same 1ST Amendment Rights...according to the U.S. Constitution, and DP.

Please do...feel free, and safe to offer your opinions, idea's, thoughts here. As if you did not have the 3000 miles of Atlantic Ocean to stifle your desires for OUR ENJOYED FREEDOM.

I salute you for your desire to experience FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Drummond
01-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Sir Drummond. Please, allow me to grant you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, and, without further ado...May I grant you the same 1ST Amendment Rights...according to the U.S. Constitution, and DP.

Please do...feel free, and safe to offer your opinions, idea's, thoughts here. As if you did not have the 3000 miles of Atlantic Ocean to stifle your desires for OUR ENJOYED FREEDOM.

I salute you for your desire to experience FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Many thanks, Aboutime, and a very Happy New Year to you and yours, too !

I'd love to accept your offer of the Amendment Rights you mention, but of course, nothing of the sort exists here in the UK. Without a doubt I enjoy a depth and quality of freedom of expression, HERE, which I'd be very lucky indeed to find anywhere on these shores !

Aboutime and folks, treasure your freedoms, and NEVER take them for granted. What erosions of them we've had in recent decades can be fairly laid at Socialism's door (with 'late entries' coming from the Muslim community, who take full advantage of Socialist tinkerings). Be sure of the fact that if you keep allowing Left-wing Administrations to rule you, more and more of your freedoms will .. if not actually disappear, be 'conveniently redefined' for you.

Resist that with all of your being.

aboutime
01-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Many thanks, Aboutime, and a very Happy New Year to you and yours, too !

I'd love to accept your offer of the Amendment Rights you mention, but of course, nothing of the sort exists here in the UK. Without a doubt I enjoy a depth and quality of freedom of expression, HERE, which I'd be very lucky indeed to find anywhere on these shores !

Aboutime and folks, treasure your freedoms, and NEVER take them for granted. What erosions of them we've had in recent decades can be fairly laid at Socialism's door (with 'late entries' coming from the Muslim community, who take full advantage of Socialist tinkerings). Be sure of the fact that if you keep allowing Left-wing Administrations to rule you, more and more of your freedoms will .. if not actually disappear, be 'conveniently redefined' for you.

Resist that with all of your being.

Right you are. And, with all you said in mind. Until my last breath, I shall resist.
Most all of us who are Veterans, no matter what political leanings we may be clinging to today...also are proud to admit, and remind others. Our OATH of service to our nation did not END, or RETIRE when our service in uniform ended, or retired.
Few civilians living today have any understanding about the values, and principles of taking such an OATH, and Living By It...without fail.
If I do nothing else in what is left of my life. I will do my utmost to make certain SIX GRAND CHILDREN are always reminded of MY existence, and my Total Dedication to their having, and enjoying the FREEDOMS, RIGHTS, AND LIBERTIES I was born to live, and enjoy.
Until my Last Breath. If I do nothing else. They will know. POP stood for something more than just SELF.

jafar00
01-07-2014, 06:40 PM
The comparison falls down when you consider what IS done.

Limit this to Christians v Muslims. So tell me, what Christians form terrorist cells, then fly aeroplanes into skyscrapers ? Or bomb Tube networks ? Or capture, then behead people ? Or threaten people with death if they've drawn some cartoons not to Christianity's liking ?

You say Islam is a religion of peace ? DO you ? On evidence such as that ?

Tell me why there are SO MANY Muslim terrorists out there, multiple groups of them, in various parts of the world, doing (or planning for) such barbarities. Saying 'they've all got it wrong about Islam' is not convincing.

You need to prove that 9/11 is in any way condoned by Islam before calling it an Islamic act, not just because some brown people who talk funny allegedly did it.

There are plenty of bad Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists etc... out there committing massacres and whatnot. Why concentrate just on criminals who call themselves Muslims?

Let me repost Article 12 ..

On what basis is it 'not to be questioned', Jafar ?

Indeed. On what basis?

Note [25] referred to, meant to help define the 'individual duty' referred to ... this says ...

Note that last one, by the way. They make PROVISION FOR SLAVERY ???

So anyway ... 'Fard 'ayn' is an 'absolute duty', overriding 'other considerations' ? On what basis, Jafar ... a NON religious one ?

Do explain ....

Not that I really care much for Hamas's charter but slavery or the concept of slaves for Arabs is not the same as for westerners.

Before Islam there were a lot of slaves mostly from conquered lands or those who were servants totally dependent on the rich. You mustn't forget that after Islam came along, freeing a slave was considered nobler and garnered blessings.

But I digress..

If Hamas is using outdated concepts as the basis of their law, then they are erroneously living 13 centuries in the past.

Shariah is supposed to be adaptable. Laws that are supposed to fit all times and places. If the law cannot adapt, it becomes obsolete. Like the time of Umar ibn al Khattab. Under his rule, the punishments for thievery (such as cutting of hands) were lifted because there was a lot of starvation among the people and those who normally would not do it, had to sometimes steal food to survive. Such punishments remained abolished as regular army and constabularies were established meaning they had other more civilised ways of handling criminals.

It is important to let Shariah be adapted to fit modern life, or it becomes a pariah to be mocked by those who moved on and adapted.

Hamas's reference to slaves tells me that they have yet to enter the modern world. Perhaps it's their Wahhabi leanings or perhaps it's due to the fact that Gaza has been invaded and been under a vicious siege for many decades leading them to become more extremist in their views.

aboutime
01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
You need to prove that 9/11 is in any way condoned by Islam before calling it an Islamic act, not just because some brown people who talk funny allegedly did it.

There are plenty of bad Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists etc... out there committing massacres and whatnot. Why concentrate just on criminals who call themselves Muslims?

Indeed. On what basis?

Not that I really care much for Hamas's charter but slavery or the concept of slaves for Arabs is not the same as for westerners.

Before Islam there were a lot of slaves mostly from conquered lands or those who were servants totally dependent on the rich. You mustn't forget that after Islam came along, freeing a slave was considered nobler and garnered blessings.

But I digress..

If Hamas is using outdated concepts as the basis of their law, then they are erroneously living 13 centuries in the past.

Shariah is supposed to be adaptable. Laws that are supposed to fit all times and places. If the law cannot adapt, it becomes obsolete. Like the time of Umar ibn al Khattab. Under his rule, the punishments for thievery (such as cutting of hands) were lifted because there was a lot of starvation among the people and those who normally would not do it, had to sometimes steal food to survive. Such punishments remained abolished as regular army and constabularies were established meaning they had other more civilised ways of handling criminals.

It is important to let Shariah be adapted to fit modern life, or it becomes a pariah to be mocked by those who moved on and adapted.

Hamas's reference to slaves tells me that they have yet to enter the modern world. Perhaps it's their Wahhabi leanings or perhaps it's due to the fact that Gaza has been invaded and been under a vicious siege for many decades leading them to become more extremist in their views.

jafar. WE have NO NEED to prove anything to you, or any of the other denial bunch.

The photo's, and video's I remember seeing...on September 11, 2001 of Islamic/Muslim People from around the world IN CELEBRATION, APPLAUDING, DANCING, SINGING, AND YELLING "ALLAH SNACKBAR" is all I need to know, when listening to you DEFENDING the Undefendable SCUM.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-07-2014, 07:17 PM

We all have the ability to sin. Care to explain why the Muslims have so much of that "ability". I mean its not Christians, Jews , Mormons and Hindus murdering people in Allah's name all over the world. That reality shoots your excuse full of holes doesn't it? Amazing when they sin innocent people die, where did that special ability come from?--Tyr

Drummond
01-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Al Qaeda say they're Muslims, 'fighting' a Muslim cause. Their methodology is terrorism, mass murder their goal. They don't really care who they kill and mutilate .. just so that they DO.

They are far from the only Muslim group doing such things to innocent people. Savagery is their way of life. Yet .. each and every one of those groups tells us that it is Islam which is the basis for their acts.

You call them criminals. They call themselves Islamists, drawing on Islam to justify themselves. No amount of denial from you changes this.

HAMAS is one such group, qualifying in all of these ways. Hamas .. YOU SUPPORT.

More denial. If there were ten times the number of groups out there, if every single country in the world spawned these groups, you would still dismiss them as criminals, while THEY would identify the source of what they do as Islam.

I've given you a list of the extent of barbarity they commit. No such barbarities have their equal in the Christian world. THEY DO WITHIN ISLAM, HOWEVER.

Indeed. On what basis?

And what's your answer ?

Not that I really care much for Hamas's charter ...

.. just Hamas itself ? ....

Hamas are a terrorist organisation, committing terrorist acts. Either you identify them as Muslim, or you don't. If you do, you admit their acts are also Muslim. If you don't, THEN YOU IDENTIFY WITH THEIR 'NON-ISLAMIC ACTS'.

..but slavery or the concept of slaves for Arabs is not the same as for westerners.

I'm not buying that. Slavery is slavery. It cannot, should not, be sanitised, nor the provision for it included in the Hamas Charter be in any way excused or glossed over.

If you do, do you do so within an Islamic 'context' for it ? If so, in doing so, aren't you defending Islamic barbarism ?

I do not accept that there is any Arabic context for slavery which mitigates it in the slightest.

And if Islamists genuinely think otherwise, ISN'T THIS JUST ONE MORE REASON FOR RESISTING ISLAM AND ITS PRACTITIONERS ?

Meaning ... that to an Islamist, freeing a slave is something worthy of an expectation of a reward ??? And not just, simply, AN ACT OF DECENCY WHICH ANYONE SHOULD WANT TO DO, WITHOUT THOUGHT OF REWARD ????

And where do those concepts originate from ? How old is the Koran ?

Are you ready to dispense with the Koran, Jafar, because it's outdated ?

Yet you give pure practicality as that reason for Sharia adaptation !!! Sheer DECENCY wasn't the motive, as you make clear. Meaning that the basic barbarism of Sharia remains present, as its underscoring driving force.

.. because otherwise, its true barbarity would become more readily and consistently discernible !!

BUT YOU SUPPORT THEM !!

And I see no reason for your (propagandist spin) 'take' on the Gaza situation to be any reason for keeping provision for SLAVERY within the Hamas Charter !!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4112/islamization-britain The Islamization of Britain in 2013
by Soeren Kern
December 30, 2013 at 5:00 am
In March, the London-based newspaper The Independent reported that at least 100 British Muslims are currently active as jihadists fighting in Syria, which has replaced Afghanistan, Pakistan and Somalia as the main destination for militant Islamists seeking to obtain immediate combat experience with little or no official scrutiny.

Also in March, St. John's Episcopal Church in Aberdeen, Scotland, became the first church in the United Kingdom to share its premises with Muslim worshippers. Church officials now welcome hundreds of Muslims praying five times a day in their building because the nearby mosque is filled to overcapacity and Muslim worshippers are forced to pray outside.

According to the rector of St. John's, Isaac Poobalan, "Praying is never wrong. My job is to encourage people to pray. The mosque was so full at times, there would be people outside in the wind and rain praying. I knew I couldn't just let this happen, because I would be abandoning what the Bible teaches us about how we should treat our neighbors."

The bishop of Aberdeen, Robert Gillies, says that by handing over sections of the church to the mosque, the church has accomplished "something of global significance on a local scale."

In April, a documentary secretly filmed inside several of the 85 Islamic Sharia Law courts operating in Britain exposed the systematic discrimination that many women are suffering at the hands of Muslim jurists.

The documentary, Secrets of Britain's Sharia Courts, was filmed by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and was first aired on BBC Panorama, a long-running current affairs program, on April 8.

The undercover investigation proves what has long been suspected: namely, that Sharia courts, which operate in mosques and houses across Britain, routinely issue rulings on domestic and marital issues according to Islamic Sharia law that are at odds with British law. Although Sharia rulings are not legally binding, those subject to the rulings often feel obliged to obey them as a matter of religious belief, or because of pressure from family and community members to do so.

The documentary contends that the Sharia courts, run by Muslim judges known as qadi, are putting women at risk of violence from abusive husbands by pressuring them to stay in abusive marriages.

The documentary was partially filmed at the Leyton Sharia Council, which openly states on its website that it is preparing for the full recognition of Islamic Sharia law in Britain.

Also in April, British authorities promised to redouble their fight against the spiraling problem of female genital mutilation (FGM) after a weekly primetime television show broadcast by the BBC forced the previously "taboo" subject into mainstream debate.

BBC One's Casualty, a popular emergency medical drama series, became the first mainstream drama on British television to feature a story about FGM. Scriptwriters on the series worked with FGM pressure groups and young girls to produce the two-part drama, which aired on April 6 and 13.

Britain has the highest levels of FGM in Europe. According to a government-funded study published in 2007, at least 66,000 women and girls in Britain have had the procedure performed on them, and more than 20,000 girls under the age of 15 are currently at risk.

These figures, however, may be only the tip of the iceberg. A 2011 Department of Health policy paper warns that "it is possible that, due to population growth and immigration from practicing countries…FGM is significantly more prevalent than these figures suggest."

On April 29, Scotland Yard [London Police] appealed for information to identify the perpetrators of FGM amid growing indications that girls in the capital are being "cut."

But the government's commitment to fighting FGM remains to be seen. A major reason for Britain's dismal record at bringing perpetrators to justice is tolerance of FGM due to political correctness and concerns over "cultural sensitivity," according to many analysts.

Although the mainstream media in Britain and elsewhere routinely take pains to avoid any insinuation that FGM has anything to do with Islam, doctrinally, historically, geographically and juridically, the practice is intrinsically linked to Islam. Critics of FGM say there is a reluctance to tackle the problem because doing so is perceived as attacking Islam.

In May, new census data published by the British government showed that Islam is set to become the dominant religion in Britain within the next generation.

The report, published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) on May 16, shows that although Christianity is still the main religion in Britain—over 50% of the population describe themselves as such—nearly half of all Christians in Britain are over the age of 50, and, for the first time ever, fewer than half under the age of 25 describe themselves as Christian.

By contrast, the number of people under 25 who describe themselves as Muslim has doubled over the past ten years: one in ten under the age of 25 are Muslim, up from one in 20 in 2001.

If current trends continue—a Muslim population boom, combined with an aging Christian demographic and the increasing secularization of British natives—Islam is set to overtake Christianity in Britain within the next 20 years, according to demographers Reality is the extreme violence and total off the charts aggressiveness of these vermin will force the destruction of the Britain that has existed for over a thousand years. And for what? A pagan murdering GD CULT THAT SEEKS TO DESTROY ALL DECENCY IN ITS ZEAL TO PUSH THE IDEAS OF A RAVING MURDETING CHILD MOLESTING LYING DAMN THIEF! AMERICANS SHOULD STAND TO HELP BRITAIN BECAUSE AFTER BRITAIN GOES WE ARE NEXT ON THIER FFING LIST! We can do nothing while Obama is in charge. He is a "muslim in hiding" and aids our enemies. Fact..--Tyr

aboutime
01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Reality is the extreme violence and total off the charts aggressiveness of these vermin will force the destruction of the Britain that has existed for over a thousand years. And for what? A pagan murdering GD CULT THAT SEEKS TO DESTROY ALL DECENCY IN ITS ZEAL TO PUSH THE IDEAS OF A RAVING MURDETING CHILD MOLESTING LYING DAMN THIEF! AMERICANS SHOULD STAND TO HELP BRITAIN BECAUSE AFTER BRITAIN GOES WE ARE NEXT ON THIER FFING LIST! We can do nothing while Obama is in charge. He is a "muslim in hiding" and aids our enemies. Fact..--Tyr

Tyr. For those who refuse to accept the truth. Whoever said a picture is worth a thousand words...knew what they were talking about, as in.....
http://icansayit.com/images/Musbrohoodmem.jpg