PDA

View Full Version : ‘Duck Dynasty’ Family Launches Gun Line, But No Fireworks, In Advance Of Return To A&

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2014, 10:00 PM
‘Duck Dynasty’ Family Launches Gun Line, But No Fireworks, In Advance Of Return To A&E
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-family-launches-gun-line-no-fireworks-165457941.html
‘Duck Dynasty’ Family Launches Gun Line, But No Fireworks, In Advance Of Return To A&E

Deadline.com
By LISA DE MORAES
9 hours ago
Days after A&E announced it had decided to end Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson’s involuntary hiatus over remarks he made in a GQ interview – and just days before the hit reality series’ return to A&E’s lineup — the Robertson family and a popular gun manufacturer unveiled a new Duck Commander line of shotguns, semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic pistols, etc.

Willie Robertson, CEO of the family’s Duck Commander, made no reference to the imminent announcement on New Year’s Eve, when he and wife Kori appeared on FNC’s ball-dropping late-night special. The press had hoped for something zippier out of that appearance than the “there will be fun good comedy from the family” and “we’re just glad to be back to work… and A&E and us are fine” script to which Willie stuck like glue no matter how many different ways FNC’s Bill Hemmer and Elisabeth Hasselbeck tried to gin up some headlines with questions about the family’s battle with A&E over Phil’s interview. Kori contributed, “We’re all happy, happy, happy. … The best thing about this show is we get to do it as a family.” The only shred of news Hemmer and Hasselbeck managed to pry out of Willie was the “spoiler” that he hires a “good looking assistant for me…and that will be revealed on the show this year.” Asked how father Phil was celebrating the New Year, and his victory over A&E, Willie said, “I reckon he’s asleep” because it’s duck hunting season and he has to get up early.

Far less coma-inducing talk was to be found in four video ads on the Connecticut-based Mossberg’s web site – though it appears to have crashed since the announcement was made – in which Phil tells viewers, ”Do you know what makes me happy ladies and gentlemen? To blow a mallard drake’s head smooth off.” In another, he explains, “Where there’s design, there is a Designer. We were designed to kill ducks.” Duck Commander guns will come in a “waterfowl pattern” camouflage design, and stamped with the slogan: Faith. Family. Ducks – though Mossberg acknowledges not all of the guns are intended for duck hunting. Each gun also comes with an American flag bandana, like that worn by Willie on the cable TV hit. Mossberg are damn good guns. My favorite 12 gauge pump for over a decade was a Mossberg. I hope they make millions doing this and tell AE to shove it. They should expand further into the hunting apparel line too. American Capitalism at its finest IMHO.--Tyr

pete311
01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Mossberg are damn good guns. My favorite 12 gauge pump for over a decade was a Mossberg. I hope they make millions doing this and tell AE to shove it. They should expand further into the hunting apparel line too. American Capitalism at its finest IMHO.--Tyr

AE made them millions, why would they be mad at AE?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2014, 10:32 PM
AE made them millions, why would they be mad at AE? Perhaps because AE tried to back slap the head of the family but only relented when they saw how dumb a move that was.

Nukeman
01-03-2014, 07:20 AM
AE made them millions, why would they be mad at AE?I believe it is they who made AE millions!!!! Their show is one of the highest rated on the cable network... Yes they made money but so did AE.....

Jeff
01-03-2014, 07:52 AM
I believe it is they who made AE millions!!!! Their show is one of the highest rated on the cable network... Yes they made money but so did AE.....

Glad I finally read threw the thread before posting :eek: ( seems I do stupid stuff like that a bit too much ) but I couldn't agree more Nuke !!

krisy
01-04-2014, 10:36 AM
AE made them millions, why would they be mad at AE?

They were already rich when they started the show from their duck call business. A&E got rich from them.

jimnyc
01-04-2014, 10:38 AM
THEY brought money to A&E, although of course they profited as well. They would be WELL into the millions without A&E as the majority of their income is from their "Duck Commander" business and things sold at Walmart and other places. A&E isn't even the bulk of their income.