PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the Agenda spin folks.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-06-2014, 11:03 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/h
Here's What The 'Polar Vortex' That's Hitting The US Actually Is

Business Insider
By Lauren F Friedman
1 hour agoeres-polar-vortex-thats-hitting-180509394.html As tundra-like temperatures and wind chills as cold as 70 below zero fan out across the country, everyone is blaming the "polar vortex."

Polar vortexes, though, are nothing new. They occur seasonally at the North Pole, and their formation resembles that of hurricanes in more tropical regions: fast-moving winds build up around a calm center. Unlike a hurricane, these are frigid polar winds, circling the Arctic at more than 100 miles per hour.

The spinning winds typically trap this cold air in the Arctic. But the problem comes when the polar vortex weakens or splits apart, essentially flinging these cold wind patterns out of the Arctic and into our backyards. NOAA scientists have suggested that warming temperatures in the Arctic may be responsible for the weakening of the polar vortex. When the vortex weakens, it's more likely to break apart and become a factor in our winter weather.

A 2009 vortex breakdown drove temperatures in parts of the Midwest down to -22F. You see its that nasty old global warming again, rearing its ugly head folks. :laugh: This propaganda agenda is sickening isn't ? Back in the 70's they tried to sell global cooling but it just never took off to allow them to scam so well with, people were too smart back then. Now they are stupid enough to eat up like chocolate cake. So they switched to global warming and presto off to the races. Now reality bites them right in the ass and they start saying cold weather comes from warming!!! Lets just all pray for cooling then!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh:-Tyr

Abbey Marie
01-06-2014, 12:09 PM
It's George Bush's fault! (Didn't he cause all the problems in New Orleans??)

jafar00
01-06-2014, 01:22 PM
You see its that nasty old global warming again, rearing its ugly head folks. :laugh: This propaganda agenda is sickening isn't ? Back in the 70's they tried to sell global cooling but it just never took off to allow them to scam so well with, people were too smart back then. Now they are stupid enough to eat up like chocolate cake. So they switched to global warming and presto off to the races. Now reality bites them right in the ass and they start saying cold weather comes from warming!!! Lets just all pray for cooling then!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh:-Tyr

It's obvious you have no idea about climate mechanics and how things like the jet stream weakening is causing your winters to be colder. For now.

In Queensland yesterday, it was so hot that thousands of flying foxes were falling out of the trees, dead from the heat.

Dead flying foxes have been falling from the sky in droves because of the heatwave sweeping south-east Queensland.
Hundreds of thousands of the large bats may have died as temperatures soared to 43 degrees over the weekend, Bat Conservation and Rescue Queensland (BCRQ) says.
In Ipswich, south-west of Brisbane, more than 1000 dead flying foxes had to be cleared from a single park on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/heatwave-decimates-flying-fox-colonies-20140106-30d7k.html#ixzz2pdz63zkM

aboutime
01-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Everyone who actually believes in this "POLAR VORTEX" idea must be "BI-POLAR" themselves.

The liberal brain (or what's left of it) has become a DUMPING GROUND for drugs that solve all of their problems with a PILL...or a JOINT.

Trigg
01-06-2014, 05:13 PM
It's obvious you have no idea about climate mechanics and how things like the jet stream weakening is causing your winters to be colder. For now.

In Queensland yesterday, it was so hot that thousands of flying foxes were falling out of the trees, dead from the heat.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/heatwave-decimates-flying-fox-colonies-20140106-30d7k.html#ixzz2pdz63zkM[/FONT][/COLOR]

The last BIG snow we had was 2001, so we were past due for a big snowstorm. The last BIG blizzard we had was way back in 1978. This kind of winter isn't unusual, the weather stations just enjoy talking them up.

We've only been tracking the world wide weather accurately for 50 years, before that no one knew what was happening in Australia except Australians.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/heatwave-decimates-flying-fox-colonies-20140106-30d7k.html#ixzz2pdz63zkM[/FONT][/COLOR] Why is that warming and the polar vortex the culprit only lasting a few days. So warming there upsets it but lets it go back into place a few days later(is that the same warming that iced in that great expedition ship going there to prove warming?). :laugh::laugh::laugh:.. Many of the places here in USA that are at zero or minus zero temps now will be back up to +40 by Wednesday afternoon. Mighty damn fickle that warming at the Polar cap. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Some of you clowns would buy an umbrella to jump off a mountain with !! Nothing but made up global warming supporting lies and propaganda and some of you guys swallow it like its chocolate cake. I get a big kick out of that myself. You know I have 100 acres of oceanfront property in Kansas for sale real cheap. Interested? :laugh:--Tyr

aboutime
01-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Anyone have any doubts about 'jafar's condition of "BI-POLARITY"?

gabosaurus
01-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Once again, people who don't have a clue what global warming actually is are bitching about global warming.
HINT: It has nothing to do with seasonal temperature changes. Or the effects of the polar vortex.
I would say "stop being stupid," but I don't think that is an option with some of you.

Nukeman
01-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Once again, people who don't have a clue what global warming actually is are bitching about global warming.
HINT: It has nothing to do with seasonal temperature changes. Or the effects of the polar vortex.
I would say "stop being stupid," but I don't think that is an option with some of you.
Could you please explain to those of us how ice core samples for the last million years show a steady pattern of warming and cooling along the same path we are currently on?? or is that bogus science and the "computer models" are REAL science?!!?!? You will note we have a PATTERN of heating and cooling In fact about every 100,000 years its hotter than now!!!!! we ahve been on an upward spike for 20,00 years JUST LIKE IN THE PAST. Guess what NO man made CO2!!!!!

http://www.climatedata.info/Proxy/Proxy/icecores_files/BIGw05-vostok-temperature-and-co2.gif.gif

CSM
01-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Could you please explain to those of us how ice core samples for the last million years show a steady pattern of warming and cooling along the same path we are currently on?? or is that bogus science and the "computer models" are REAL science?!!?!? You will note we have a PATTERN of heating and cooling In fact about every 100,000 years its hotter than now!!!!! we ahve been on an upward spike for 20,00 years JUST LIKE IN THE PAST. Guess what NO man made CO2!!!!!

http://www.climatedata.info/Proxy/Proxy/icecores_files/BIGw05-vostok-temperature-and-co2.gif.gif

You really, really need to stop obfuscating issues with the facts. You are stressing out the libs and curbing the trolls.

Trigg
01-08-2014, 08:41 AM
In 1974, Time Magazine blamed the cold polar vortex on global cooling.

‘Scientists have found other indications of global cooling. For one thing there has been a noticeable expansion of the great belt of dry, high-altitude polar winds —the so-called circumpolar vortex—that sweep from west to east around the top and bottom of the world.’

Forty years later, Time Magazine blames the cold polar vortex on global warming

http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2014/01/07/time-magazine-swings-both-ways/

thought this was interresting

Jeff
01-08-2014, 09:06 AM

Maybe you can explain it to Al Gore , seems he also predicated other things that worked out well for your side :rolleyes:

In 2008, Al Gore boldly declared to a German audience that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.” (Needless to say, that did not happen. In fact, the ice cap in the Arctic actually got larger this year.)

jafar00
01-08-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.bom.gov.au/web03/ncc/www/awap/temperature/maxdecile/12month/colour/latest.gif

Pretty graphs can paint a picture.

2013 was the hottest year on record for us.

Voted4Reagan
01-08-2014, 01:37 PM

Stop talking...Your Carbon Footprint is massive enough already. The CO2 Emissions from your ever yapping maw are killing the planet.

jimnyc
01-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Anyone have any doubts about 'jafar's condition of "BI-POLARITY"?

I have bipolar disorder. :)

Abbey Marie
01-08-2014, 02:54 PM

As long as you're not, as in Peter Allen's words, "Bi-coastal". :laugh:

aboutime
01-08-2014, 03:18 PM

My apologies if I offended you Jim. But the BI-POLARITY I directed at Gabby is totally different. She is capable of endless BS'ing from Both orifices located at Opposite Poles on her body..

jimnyc
01-08-2014, 03:32 PM
My apologies if I offended you Jim. But the BI-POLARITY I directed at Gabby is totally different. She is capable of endless BS'ing from Both orifices located at Opposite Poles on her body..

All is cool :blues:

Jeff
01-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Jim is Bi now ? :laugh::laugh:

logroller
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Maybe this breakdown of the polar vortex serves to spread snow across more area, increasing the solar reflectivity and, consequently moderating the earth's temp. Climate change in action.

aboutime
01-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Jim is Bi now ? :laugh::laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gabosaurus
01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
The polar vortex has nothing to do with global warming.
If you have studied science, you know that discussions about the polar vortex have been around since the 1950's.
If you are a lazy, uneducated fool who gets his (incorrect) information from listening to Rush Limbaugh, you will associate the polar vortex with a liberal plot hatched by the "mainstream media."

Jokes about being bipolar are about as humorous as jokes about cancer or childhood immune deficiencies. You don't want to poke fun at someone who mentally hindered or deficient. Which is why I never address aboutime or tailfins.

aboutime
01-08-2014, 08:17 PM
If you have studied science, you know that discussions about the polar vortex have been around since the 1950's.
If you are a lazy, uneducated fool who gets his (incorrect) information from listening to Rush Limbaugh, you will associate the polar vortex with a liberal plot hatched by the "mainstream media."

Jokes about being bipolar are about as humorous as jokes about cancer or childhood immune deficiencies. You don't want to poke fun at someone who mentally hindered or deficient. Which is why I never address aboutime or tailfins.

Rest assured gabby. I will no longer talk about YOUR condition mentioned above.

Nukeman
01-09-2014, 07:18 AM

Yet you gloss over post #9. Why is that, is it do to the fact that it brings credibility to the FACT that temperatures and CO2 have fluctuated for hundreds of thousands of years WITHOUT INTERFERENCE by man!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jeff
01-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Yet you gloss over post #9. Why is that, is it do to the fact that it brings credibility to the FACT that temperatures and CO2 have fluctuated for hundreds of thousands of years WITHOUT INTERFERENCE by man!?!?!?!?!?!?

She has to wait for one of those bleeding heart liberals out there to comment on your post, then she will have a answer :laugh:

Jeff
01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
OK so I keep hearing NOW how global warming has nothing to do with things actually getting warmer :laugh: and yesterday I posted a quote from Mr. global warming himself Al Gore asking if it had nothing to do with warming why did Gore predict polar ice caps would be melted by now ? So today I thought I might add another quote from our fearless leader who has issued a executive order warning us of rising temps :laugh:

“The impacts of climate change — including an increase in prolonged periods of excessively high temperatures, more heavy downpours, an increase in wildfires, more severe droughts, permafrost thawing, ocean acidification, and sea-level rise — are already affecting communities, natural resources, ecosystems, economies, and public health across the Nation. These impacts are often most significant for communities that already face economic or health-related challenges, and for species and habitats that are already facing other pressures…. Managing these risks requires deliberate preparation, close cooperation, and coordinated planning by the Federal Government, as well as by stakeholders, to facilitate Federal, State, local, tribal, private-sector, and nonprofit-sector efforts to improve climate preparedness and resilience; help safeguard our economy, infrastructure, environment, and natural resources; and provide for the continuity of executive department and agency (agency) operations, services, and programs.”

This next quote I think about sums it up !!!

Liberals will laugh and say something like, “You deniers are all the same. ‘I feel cold; therefore, climate change must be a commie conspiracy!’ Don’t you know that when polar ice caps melt, it creates extremely cold weather?”That’s what they’ll always say. If summer brings relatively high temperatures, it’s because of global warming. If the winter brings record low temperatures, it’s because of global warming. If there are earthquakes, it’s because of global warming. If there aren’t earthquakes, it’s because of global warming. If your coffee tastes bad this morning, it’s because of global warming. If you’ve run out of coffee to drink, it’s because of global warming.

http://lastresistance.com/4296/flashback-obama-warned-excessively-high-temperatures/