PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson, Gaining In Polls Without Spending A Dime...

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 03:22 PM
... what for? Who is so damn excited about this guy? He sits on J Leno and says, "I never wanted the job." What kind of bull shit is that? Where's the passion to be President? And why are people getting so excited about this guy and he hasn't said a word other than, "I never wanted the job?"

The guy does nothing for me. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about with this guy.

Is it just because he was on TV?

JohnDoe
06-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't understand it myself?

Other than people on the right must not be happy or content with the candidates that they have running?

Gaffer
06-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Have you seen any of the interviews with him, besides leno? Most of the other candidates suck so he is refreshing. And I like a person who answers a yes or no question with yes or no.

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Have you seen any of the interviews with him, besides leno? Most of the other candidates suck so he is refreshing. And I like a person who answers a yes or no question with yes or no.
I agree, which is echoing Joe's point. Truth is, the list right now is between bad and horrible. No way will I vote for McCain. Tancredo, whom I agree with on immigration, seems to be a one horse pony. Guiliani is the best that I can see, which is why I hope Thompson brings much more. It may be a forlorn hope, but it's where many are at.

Abbey Marie
06-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree, Gaffer, He's not my favorite of the group so far (I like Duncan Hunter), but he is already close. I've heard him in a couple of interviews, and he sounds like a straight-shooter. Watch for libs to start trying to find something to pin on him. They are worried about the Reagan comparisons.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM

You truly think "most of the other candidates suck?" I find that odd. I think they're all decent men. (The republicans.) I have my favorites, but I wouldn't say the rest "suck," except for Paul and McCain.

Frankly, I think this fascination with F. Thompson comes from the TV and him as an actor, and nothing he's said or done. I also think that once the TV persona is peeled away, people aren't going to be so enamored with him. I haven't seen or heard anything from him that would, in my mind, propel him to the front of the pack.

06-15-2007, 04:27 PM

actually i dont think most of the other candidates suck. seriously i could support nearly all the Republican candidates without hesitation in the General election.

Abbey Marie
06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
You truly think "most of the other candidates suck?" I find that odd. I think they're all decent men. (The republicans.) I have my favorites, but I wouldn't say the rest "suck," except for Paul and McCain.

Frankly, I think this fascination with F. Thompson comes from the TV and him as an actor, and nothing he's said or done. I also think that once the TV persona is peeled away, people aren't going to be so enamored with him. I haven't seen or heard anything from him that would, in my mind, propel him to the front of the pack.

I would have to diagree. I've never seen anything he's acted in, and didn't even know who he was until recently, and I like him.

I don't think the others suck either. Most of them are head and shoulders above anyone the Dems are pushing, IMO.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I woudl have to diagree. I've never seen anything he's acted in, and didn't even know who he was until recently, and I like him.
Well, going on my own experience thus far, the TV is the ONLY reason I know this guy. All I've ever heard about him so far is that he was an actor on Law and Order. I haven't heard anything beyond that. He was a senator, and nobody can say what he's done. He's going to run for President, and I haven't heard him in a debate. I don't know anything about this guy other than he said, "I never wanted the job," on Jay Leno. Oh that's good, you never wanted to be President, sure, you've got my vote then... I don't think so.

I don't think the others suck either. Most of them are head and shoulders above anyone the Dems are pushing, IMO.
Without a doubt.

06-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Id also add that I am majorly concerned about his sponsoring of McCain Fiengold. I attack McCain for that all the time and it would be completely inconsistant if i let Thompson off for a bill he co sponsored.

I am very concerned about legislation contrary to the first amendment.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Id also add that I am majorly concerned about his sponsoring of McCain Fiengold. I attack McCain for that all the time and it would be completely inconsistant if i let Thompson off for a bill he co sponsored.

I am very concerned about legislation contrary to the first amendment.

True... and like I said, I think once people start getting an idea who he really is, his popularity is going to wain. This pedestal people have him on is going to topple. Course I could be wrong... we'll see.

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 05:13 PM
True... and like I said, I think once people start getting an idea who he really is, his popularity is going to wain. This pedestal people have him on is going to topple. Course I could be wrong... we'll see.
You may both be correct. Seriously, in spite of the energy behind a Tancredo or Paul, it's going to be very difficult to win with the current agenda. Just saying.

nevadamedic
06-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree, which is echoing Joe's point. Truth is, the list right now is between bad and horrible. No way will I vote for McCain. Tancredo, whom I agree with on immigration, seems to be a one horse pony. Guiliani is the best that I can see, which is why I hope Thompson brings much more. It may be a forlorn hope, but it's where many are at.

I love Tancredo and Guiliani's stance on immigration. We need a strong President who is passionate about this issue.

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I love Tancredo and Guiliani's stance on immigration. We need a strong President who is passionate about this issue.
I'm 100% behind Tancredo's stance, problem is the other very important issues.

Abbey Marie
06-15-2007, 05:16 PM

It's just so early to know. Though many people are saying Hillary is a shoe-in already for the Dem nomination. :eek: :puke:

Anything can happen once the front-runner gets the CBS-type lies/false document treatment. Or, Hillary may just "make him disappear".

nevadamedic
06-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm 100% behind Tancredo's stance, problem is the other very important issues.

He's got a really good and strong stance on all the issues, he is just putting the primary focus on immigration.

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 05:18 PM
He's got a really good and strong stance on all the issues, he is just putting the primary focus on immigration.

Then he better put it out there, as I'm probably a core example.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 05:22 PM
It's just so early to know. Though many people are saying Hillary is a shoe-in already for the Dem nomination. :eek: :puke:

Anything can happen once the front-runner gets the CBS-type lies/false document treatment. Or, Hillary may just "make him disappear".

Absolutely. It's VERY early yet, and God knows anything can happen. The front runner today more than likely will NOT be the front runner tomorrow.

Hitlery goes up then down, then back up. What's scary though, is if by some WIERD act of fate, say McCain was the republican nominee, I wouldn't vote for him. I'd vote independent. I think LOTS of people would, and that would give hitlery a good chance at being President. Either that or we'd make history and have our first independent President, which some are saying could happen.

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Absolutely. It's VERY early yet, and God knows anything can happen. The front runner today more than likely will NOT be the front runner tomorrow.

Hitlery goes up then down, then back up. What's scary though, is if by some WIERD act of fate, say McCain was the republican nominee, I wouldn't vote for him. I'd vote independent. I think LOTS of people would, and that would give hitlery a good chance at being President. Either that or we'd make history and have our first independent President, which some are saying could happen.

and there you have the reason for the excitement of Thompson.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 05:34 PM
and there you have the reason for the excitement of Thompson.

Why? Is he an independent?

Kathianne
06-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Why? Is he an independent?

both the reaction on left and right.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 06:30 PM
both the reaction on left and right.

I guess I missed it. :dunno:

I'm interested in Thompson, and I have more to learn about him. I'm pretty settled on Newt though, and I'm really starting to like Huckabee.

glockmail
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I guess I missed it. :dunno:

I'm interested in Thompson, and I have more to learn about him. I'm pretty settled on Newt though, and I'm really starting to like Huckabee.

The imprtant thing is to win. And whoever is the GOP nom will be running against Hillary. So you have to ask yourself, who can beat her? As much as I love Newt he can't do it. But Thompson can. And I think he's the only one who can.

06-15-2007, 09:54 PM
The imprtant thing is to win. And whoever is the GOP nom will be running against Hillary. So you have to ask yourself, who can beat her? As much as I love Newt he can't do it. But Thompson can. And I think he's the only one who can.

Honestly, i think even Ron Paul could beat hillary... Not saying that i want him to.. but i think any of the Republican candidate would walk the floor with her.

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Honestly, i think even Ron Paul could beat hillary... Not saying that i want him to.. but i think any of the Republican candidate would walk the floor with her.

I do to, without a doubt. Because once the mud starts flying, miss hitlery is going to get REAL DIRTY.

One, I still don't think America is ready for a woman President.
Two, her her husband is probably her biggest deficit.
Three, more people than not are simply SICK of the CLINTONS!

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:46 AM
... what for? Who is so damn excited about this guy? He sits on J Leno and says, "I never wanted the job." What kind of bull shit is that? Where's the passion to be President? And why are people getting so excited about this guy and he hasn't said a word other than, "I never wanted the job?"

The guy does nothing for me. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about with this guy.

Is it just because he was on TV?

He's a conservative. That alone puts him head and shoulders above any Republican candidate running.

What "passion" to be President? I'd rather see someone run from a sense of duty to this nation than the obviously power-hungry types like Kerry or Clinton.

glockmail
06-16-2007, 10:52 AM

I do to, without a doubt. Because once the mud starts flying, miss hitlery is going to get REAL DIRTY.

One, I still don't think America is ready for a woman President.
Two, her her husband is probably her biggest deficit.
Three, more people than not are simply SICK of the CLINTONS!

We'll have to respectfully disagree on this one then. Remember how close Al Gore got? What about how close Kerry got? Both were less capable campaigners than Hillary. They didn't have the huge bag of dirty tricks that the Clintons seem to have.

Last week Spielberg endorsed her. After all the hubbaballoo about Obama, Hollywood bowed down to the throne of Hillary. All dems will do the same, plus she will attract a lot of RINO women.

I plan on buying at least one more shotgun and lots of ammunition before she gets crowned.

Pale Rider
06-16-2007, 01:25 PM
We'll have to respectfully disagree on this one then. Remember how close Al Gore got? What about how close Kerry got? Both were less capable campaigners than Hillary. They didn't have the huge bag of dirty tricks that the Clintons seem to have.

Last week Spielberg endorsed her. After all the hubbaballoo about Obama, Hollywood bowed down to the throne of Hillary. All dems will do the same, plus she will attract a lot of RINO women.

I plan on buying at least one more shotgun and lots of ammunition before she gets crowned.

Let's hope I'm right and you're wrong... :salute:

glockmail
06-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Let's hope I'm right and you're wrong... :salute:

I pray that I am wrong on this one.

Pale Rider
06-16-2007, 01:43 PM
I pray that I am wrong on this one.

I don't know... Dick Morris seems to think hitlery will get elected too. I don't think so. I really don't think she'll be able to shake the hubby, and him being the second President to ever be impeached, and his sexcapades. And I've heard that hitlery really doesn't have the "woman" vote. FEMALES don't like her.

glockmail
06-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't know... Dick Morris seems to think hitlery will get elected too. I don't think so. I really don't think she'll be able to shake the hubby, and him being the second President to ever be impeached, and his sexcapades. And I've heard that hitlery really doesn't have the "woman" vote. FEMALES don't like her. I think a lot of the females that don't like her like Bill-Bob.

Pale Rider
06-17-2007, 02:11 AM
I think a lot of the females that don't like her like Bill-Bob.

Even if that were true, they're the ones that are lying on their back with a crack hangover come election day.

Gunny
06-17-2007, 10:48 PM

I agree.

nevadamedic
06-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I agree.

I don't think Hilary will get the nomination, I hope she does though because that would ensure a GOP win in 2008.