PDA

View Full Version : Basic justice

CSM
01-08-2014, 10:35 AM
MMA Fighter Reportedly Fights Off 4 Gang Members in Home Invasion, Killing 1
Shortly after ringing in the New Year in Las Cruces, N.M., professional MMA (http://bleacherreport.com/mma) fighter Joe Torrez reportedly defended his home and family against four gang members, killing one and severely injuring another.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1912891-mma-fighter-defends-family-from-home-invasion-may-face-criminal-charges?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t3

Sometimes the bad guys aren't as "bad" as they think they are!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Shortly after ringing in the New Year in Las Cruces, N.M., professional MMA (http://bleacherreport.com/mma) fighter Joe Torrez reportedly defended his home and family against four gang members, killing one and severely injuring another.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1912891-mma-fighter-defends-family-from-home-invasion-may-face-criminal-charges?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t3

A story like that does my heart good. Good to see the bad guys take all the punishment. At least they will be taking all the punishment if the damn authorities do not try to pursue some trumped up charges on Torres. Myself, I can not see how but authorities have done so many times before when it was totally unwarranted. Seems like the concept of self-defense is not properly understood by many people these days.-Tyr

CSM
01-08-2014, 11:08 AM
A story like that does my heart good. Good to see the bad guys take all the punishment. At least they will be taking all the punishment if the damn authorities do not try to pursue some trumped up charges on Torres. Myself, I can not see how but authorities have done so many times before when it was totally unwarranted. Seems like the concept of self-defense is not properly understood by many people these days.-Tyr

I have no insight into the laws currently in effect within that state BUT it seems to me that unless Torres pursued the thugs OFF PROPERTY (whole different matter then, I think) there is little basis for charges against Torres. The article does not state whether the one that died was inside Torres' house or not but it does state that two others fled. From that, I assume that one of the others was incapable of fleeing (besides the dead guy ... he wasn't going anywhere!) and that those latter two were still in his home. I guess one could speculate that the two who did not flee were very much alive after ceasing to be a threat and that Torres subsequently beat one of them to death but I think the state would have a very tough time proving that.

jimnyc
01-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Completely insane if this guy gets charged. They should be giving him a medal.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-08-2014, 11:20 AM
I have no insight into the laws currently in effect within that state BUT it seems to me that unless Torres pursued the thugs OFF PROPERTY (whole different matter then, I think) there is little basis for charges against Torres. The article does not state whether the one that died was inside Torres' house or not but it does state that two others fled. From that, I assume that one of the others was incapable of fleeing (besides the dead guy ... he wasn't going anywhere!) and that those latter two were still in his home. I guess one could speculate that the two who did not flee were very much alive after ceasing to be a threat and that Torres subsequently beat one of them to death but I think the state would have a very tough time proving that. IF SIMIIAR HAPPENS IN MY HOME ,GIVEN A GOOD OPPORTUNITY, I'LL DO THE SAME THING IF NONE HAVE A GUN. One either has the strength/ability to break an attacker's neck or one doesn't. I do. And lord help them if I get to any of my guns because then they'd all meet their maker right quick. Its best to have this figured out beforehand so as to not waste valuable crucial seconds when opportunity arises in such a critical and deadly altercation. Hesitation often causes failure. -Tyr

CSM
01-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Completely insane if this guy gets charged. They should be giving him a medal.

There are some who undoubtedly think the 4 would-be home invaders are the victims. The fact that charges against Torres are even being considered indicates that. Don't forget, there is a segment of society that ALWAYS portrays criminals as the victim and the media whole heartedly supports their views (where there is no contoversy, the media will creat it!).

aboutime
01-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Great, honest, down-to-earth, reality story everyone should pay attention to here.

I applaud him for protecting himself, his home, and family.

Now...based on what we have been seeing, and hearing over the last several years about such stories.

I wonder HOW LONG it will be until the family of the DEAD IDIOT..sues for MILLIONS????

Drummond
01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
There are some who undoubtedly think the 4 would-be home invaders are the victims. The fact that charges against Torres are even being considered indicates that. Don't forget, there is a segment of society that ALWAYS portrays criminals as the victim and the media whole heartedly supports their views (where there is no contoversy, the media will creat it!).

Totally agree with the sentiments being expressed on this thread - any possibility of Torres being prosecuted is an outrage, judging by what I've just read.

This reminds me a little too much of Britain's Tony Martin case, where a farmer fended off invaders with a shotgun, killing one of them. Martin endured hell for years afterwards.

See ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/3087003.stm

Charlton Heston intervened at one point, on Martin's side ...

Perianne
01-08-2014, 04:28 PM
IF SIMIIAR HAPPENS IN MY HOME ,GIVEN A GOOD OPPORTUNITY, I'LL DO THE SAME THING IF NONE HAVE A GUN. One either has the strength/ability to break an attacker's neck or one doesn't. I do. And lord help them if I get to any of my guns because then they'd all meet their maker right quick. Its best to have this figured out beforehand so as to not waste valuable crucial seconds when opportunity arises in such a critical and deadly altercation. Hesitation often causes failure. -Tyr

I think I will NOT break into your house. lol

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-08-2014, 06:33 PM
I think I will NOT break into your house. lol I am sure you are not the type to do such as that. Those that are should be aware that there are people like me that already have plans made on what/how to do. Hesitation often brings calamity when making a crucial move in serious situations. I will not hesitate a micro second if opportunity arises for me to destroy such people if in my home for foul deeds. -Tyr

Missileman
01-08-2014, 06:50 PM

It's not called martial arts for no reason...good for Torrez, too bad, so sad for the bad guys.

jimnyc
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Charlton Heston intervened at one point, on Martin's side ...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bOJQFNOQqCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aboutime
01-09-2014, 08:14 PM
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bOJQFNOQqCY" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

For every American patriot who has followed him. I proudly repeat his words, until the day I die...."FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS".