PDA

View Full Version : Former Secretary Of Defense Gates Soundly Criticizes Obama’s Leadership!

Jeff
01-09-2014, 07:29 AM
The story goes on to say how Obama doesn't believe his own strategy and doesn't consider the Afghanistan war to be his, he just wants out, well with the news we got this week of Al Qaeda taking over major cities in Iraq I guess that proves what the author is saying because we certainly didn't win anything by pulling out all we did do was put our Hero's in a war situation and then pulled them out do to the lack of experience of this administration. Hell of a thing, our president didn't care to do things right after our troops fought and died doing right , all because it wasn't his war.

…former defense secretary Robert Gates unleashes harsh judgments about President Obama’s leadership and his commitment to the Afghanistan war, writing that by early 2010 he had concluded the president “doesn’t believe in his own strategy, and doesn’t consider the war to be his. For him, it’s all about getting out.”Leveling one of the more serious charges that a defense secretary could make against a commander in chief sending forces into combat, Gates asserts that Obama had more than doubts about the course he had charted in Afghanistan. The president was “skeptical if not outright convinced it would fail,” Gates writes in “Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War.”

http://theblacksphere.net/2014/01/former-sec-def-gates-soundly-criticizes-obamas-leadership/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2014, 10:18 AM
The story goes on to say how Obama doesn't believe his own strategy and doesn't consider the Afghanistan war to be his, he just wants out, well with the news we got this week of Al Qaeda taking over major cities in Iraq I guess that proves what the author is saying because we certainly didn't win anything by pulling out all we did do was put our Hero's in a war situation and then pulled them out do to the lack of experience of this administration. Hell of a thing, our president didn't care to do things right after our troops fought and died doing right , all because it wasn't his war.

http://theblacksphere.net/2014/01/former-sec-def-gates-soundly-criticizes-obamas-leadership/ What Obama doesn't tell his generals is how he wants us to lose. His problem with that is he must do it in a way that doesn't effect his political image. Even having gotten his second term he still must protect that image to be able to do far more massive destruction to us in the future. -Tyr

Arbo
01-09-2014, 10:23 AM
In theory the criticism sounds good, but it comes from Gates, who is a somewhat questionable guy to start with. Followed up with the reality that he backed and supported Obama quite often it doesn't have quite the impact it could.

jimnyc
01-09-2014, 10:32 AM
I've seen a ton of quotes from Gates and his book, and believe a fair amount for sure. But I'm always a little hesitant to take everything at face value when the person telling the story stands to gain from book sales.

But there is little doubt to me that Hillary and Obama spoke against Iraq and such, while on the campaign trail, solely for political reasons. Basically using the war and our soldiers as political pawns for their election.

Gaffer
01-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Gates is a high level official saying what most of us already knew. His status just makes members of the media sit up and take notice then go into protection mode.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
I've seen a ton of quotes from Gates and his book, and believe a fair amount for sure. But I'm always a little hesitant to take everything at face value when the person telling the story stands to gain from book sales.

But there is little doubt to me that Hillary and Obama spoke against Iraq and such, while on the campaign trail, solely for political reasons. Basically using the war and our soldiers as political pawns for their election. Obama, a man with no honor will do anything to advance himself and his cause. I have no reason to doubt anything that speaks of his treason. He was installed in the Presidency for that very purpose. How anybody can think this nobody with no true American values just fluked into a win of the Presidency is beyond me to understand. It was a Globalist campaign that put him in. Globalist which means foreign interests being placed ahead of the interests of this nation. Soros is the front man here and calls to shots for bamscum to do. Which is why first then bampunk did was demand and force the Secret Service to fix a communication device so he could be in immediate and constant contact directly with a device that was given to Soros. He had to have that connection to know what to do in emergencies situations. He had to be able to call Soros any time 24/7. --Tyr

Perianne
01-09-2014, 11:24 AM
I dislike Obama as much as anyone could. But.....

I do not respect Gates' tell-all book and statements. He worked for Obama and should have kept private conversations private. It's like when two celebrities divorce and one tells personal stuff. Distasteful in my opinion. On the other hand, this is the type of stuff Democrats tend to do. So if it got slung back on them, it's karma.

aboutime
01-09-2014, 08:19 PM

I do not respect Gates' tell-all book and statements. He worked for Obama and should have kept private conversations private. It's like when two celebrities divorce and one tells personal stuff. Distasteful in my opinion. On the other hand, this is the type of stuff Democrats tend to do. So if it got slung back on them, it's karma.

Perianne. You have every right to feel that way. But...IF...everyone remained quiet, and did as people like Obama expect, or demand.

Our nation would have Perished long ago.
We need the 1st amendment to protect us. Even when we disagree with what we hear, read, or see.
That's what the intent of our Constitution was meant to preserve, and protect.

If we remain quiet, and we have no WHISTLEBLOWERS to expose the WRONGS around us.

WE LOSE our FREEDOM, RIGHTS, and LIBERTIES to tyrants.
I refuse to give up anything...just to pacify, please, or appease anyone HELL BENT on destroying MY COUNTRY.
My grandchildren deserve to enjoy what I have enjoyed.

Gaffer
01-14-2014, 11:10 AM

I haven't read the book, but I don't think there is any personal information in it. It's about politics and incompetency from what I can tell. Gates was a Bush appointee who stayed over. That was an eyebrow lifter in itself. I always find book writers suspicious as they are making money off what they publish. But it's often the only way the real suppressed stuff ever gets out to the public. Usually these books are only the tip of the iceberg.

aboutime
01-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Perianne. You have every right to feel that way. But...IF...everyone remained quiet, and did as people like Obama expect, or demand.

Our nation would have Perished long ago.
We need the 1st amendment to protect us. Even when we disagree with what we hear, read, or see.
That's what the intent of our Constitution was meant to preserve, and protect.

If we remain quiet, and we have no WHISTLEBLOWERS to expose the WRONGS around us.

WE LOSE our FREEDOM, RIGHTS, and LIBERTIES to tyrants.
I refuse to give up anything...just to pacify, please, or appease anyone HELL BENT on destroying MY COUNTRY.
My grandchildren deserve to enjoy what I have enjoyed.

LATE NOTE: I did fail to add that I wish Gates had disclosed this information BEFORE the 2012 elections when it might have SAVED Many more American lives, and prevented the PHONY, WANNABE, PRETENDER in the White house from a 2nd term.