PDA

View Full Version : Shall not be infringed !

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2014, 05:09 PM
What does that mean? The 2nd Amendment states --
Second Amendment

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. So who or what were the founders trying to protect when they saw fit to give extra protection to the citizens concerning the right to keep and bear arms?? Obvious to anybody with a brain that the first entity they feared was our own government itself. So the idea that giving the wolf the power to stop the adequate protection of the sheep is folly. In short, an armed man is to be feared and an unarmed man is to be enslaved at leisure. The Founders knew that and had just fought an oppressive tyrannical government.. The Founders intended that our government should always fear us or else it would by sheer arrogance and human greed design to enslave us. They knew human nature and knew a government too big only has one goal--to grow ever bigger. Only way to do that is to seize more and more power from the citizenry. Thus as a way of stopping that they in essence said, the citizens have the right to have arms to defend their freedoms from being "stolen" even by their own government! The term-- "shall not be infringed" has no standing caveats does it? It doesn't say somewhere "except this or that" does it? Seems to be a statement saying no exceptions. So we individual citizens must say no exceptions. We must tell the government to go to hell when it denies us our 2nd Amendment rights. A right only exists if your are willing to defend it. If you are willing to fight for it. If you are willing to die for it. To many brave Americans have died maintaining our freedoms for us to barter them away like fools or appeasing cowards. Government has zero authority over my rights to keep and bear arms. ff them...-Tyr

Surf Fishing Guru
01-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Government has zero authority over my rights to keep and bear arms. ff them...-Tyr

And the fundamental point to always remember when discussing our "2nd Amendment rights" (a term I take issue with) is that we retained and fully possess the right to arms with or without the 2nd Amendment.

We don't have the right to arms because of what the 2nd Amendment says or any court's interpretation of it; we possess the right to arms because of what the body of the Constitution DOESN'T say . . .

No power was ever granted to government to have any interest whatsoever in the personal arms of the private citizen and that silence of the Constitution is the constitutional principle binding government action, not that the 2nd says (supposedly unambiguously) "shall not be infringed".

The reason all our rights are constantly threatened is because the people have had this fundamental principle of the Constitution scrubbed from their consciousness. We have been conditioned to ask "Do I have the right?" instead of demanding government explain why it believes it has the power to act.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-12-2014, 11:57 AM
And the fundamental point to always remember when discussing our "2nd Amendment rights" (a term I take issue with) is that we retained and fully possess the right to arms with or without the 2nd Amendment.

We don't have the right to arms because of what the 2nd Amendment says or any court's interpretation of it; we possess the right to arms because of what the body of the Constitution DOESN'T say . . .

No power was ever granted to government to have any interest whatsoever in the personal arms of the private citizen and that silence of the Constitution is the constitutional principle binding government action, not that the 2nd says (supposedly unambiguously) "shall not be infringed".

The reason all our rights are constantly threatened is because the people have had this fundamental principle of the Constitution scrubbed from their consciousness. We have been conditioned to ask "Do I have the right?" instead of demanding government explain why it believes it has the power to act. A very accurate post. Yes , your fundamental premise is dead on. I see it as the Founders maintained that too but felt so compelled to insure against future government power and influences that would attempt to disarm us that they actually put it into writing by way of the 2nd Amendment. Elected governments are ever changing power systems operating upon a foundation and that foundation is that we are a Representative Republic based upon our Constitution. Its a complex and delicate balancing of power designed to prevent tyranny. "Shall not be infringed" certainly means that the many laws already infringing upon it are actually illegal according to our Constitution. For none of those laws be they state or federal were incorporated into our Constitution as a Constitutional Amendment. Furthermore I maintain none could be since the Bill of Rights WAS CREATED,AND DESIGNED TO BE A BASE not to be tampered with in a manner that gave more power to government! Now giving more power to the citizens is a different thing. Yet we see that giving more power to the citizen is not ever attempted by government unless its a lie(fraud) used to cover for more power grabbing for big government! The 2nd Amendment was intended to be inviolate as was the first Amendment , etc. We citizens have the God given rights regardless of whether they are mentioned in the Constitution or not. The Constitution is not the problem. The problem is those that ignore or twist its meaning and governing authority to suit their own greedy and power grabbing agendas. Such people are traitors and should be treated as such IMHO. -Tyr

aboutime
01-12-2014, 02:31 PM
What does that mean? The 2nd Amendment states -- So who or what were the founders trying to protect when they saw fit to give extra protection to the citizens concerning the right to keep and bear arms?? Obvious to anybody with a brain that the first entity they feared was our own government itself. So the idea that giving the wolf the power to stop the adequate protection of the sheep is folly. In short, an armed man is to be feared and an unarmed man is to be enslaved at leisure. The Founders knew that and had just fought an oppressive tyrannical government.. The Founders intended that our government should always fear us or else it would by sheer arrogance and human greed design to enslave us. They knew human nature and knew a government too big only has one goal--to grow ever bigger. Only way to do that is to seize more and more power from the citizenry. Thus as a way of stopping that they in essence said, the citizens have the right to have arms to defend their freedoms from being "stolen" even by their own government! The term-- "shall not be infringed" has no standing caveats does it? It doesn't say somewhere "except this or that" does it? Seems to be a statement saying no exceptions. So we individual citizens must say no exceptions. We must tell the government to go to hell when it denies us our 2nd Amendment rights. A right only exists if your are willing to defend it. If you are willing to fight for it. If you are willing to die for it. To many brave Americans have died maintaining our freedoms for us to barter them away like fools or appeasing cowards. Government has zero authority over my rights to keep and bear arms. ff them...-Tyr

Tyr. Personally. I believe the Founding Fathers....Authors of the Constitution, suspected a tyrant, or wannabe king might someday threaten the Liberties, Freedoms, and Rights granted by the Constitution. And, that tyrant would probably come from the Executive, or Legislative branch of Government.
So...they created the 2nd Amendment to give WE THE PEOPLE the protections we Might need to fight off, defend against, and Throw Down such people who might have taken High Office in Government.
Without the 2nd Amendment. WE ARE GUARANTEED "ANARCHY".

01-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Are you surprised? They dont understand "Congress shall make no law" either.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-13-2014, 08:26 AM
Not surprised at all about Congress. I was once shocked that the American citizens are so unconcerned and willing to be treated like little children but that is no longer the case either. I strongly suspect now that we are headed for a great fall that can not be stopped because the citizenry has been dumbed down too far to make a proper correction. The time to take action to try to stop the horse thief is when he takes the first few horses not after he has taken the last few horses! When Obama was not stopped the first two years I knew he would almost certainly get 6 more to do his worst to us as a nation. I prayed that I was wrong but perhaps this great fall that's coming our way is the justice we get for murdering 60 million unborn children! A truly staggering number when one actually considers it. --Tyr

aboutime
01-13-2014, 08:18 PM

avatar. NOTHING I hear about the general population of the United States, and their LACK of knowledge...not to mention their LACK of caring for anything related to the Constitution UNLESS, It has something to do with THEM getting something for FREE....surprises me at all.

I am still convinced. Probably 99.9% of our more than 310 Million American citizens have NO IDEA what the Constitution, or the Declaration of Independence SAYS...much less means.

Until it affects their BANK ACCOUNT, PIGGY BANK, CHECKING ACCOUNT, DEBIT CARD, or how Entertained they are EACH DAY. Americans simply DO NOT GIVE A CRAP about anybody but THEMSELVES.