PDA

View Full Version : Man feeds puppy to snake, goes to jail

darin
06-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Stupid. No wonder our prisons are over-crowded. He fed one animal (I assume he legally owned) to another. People do this with mice and snakes all the time.

PHOENIX -- An Arizona man who coated a 3-week-old puppy in cooking oil and fed it to his pet boa constrictor has been sentenced to 90 days in jail.

Joseph Beadle, 40, must also serve two years of probation. He pleaded guilty to animal cruelty in March and spent 51 days in jail while his case was pending.

Police said the man poured cooking oil onto the mixed-breed puppy to make it easier for the snake to swallow. He then fed the snake as two 15-year-old boys watched.

Investigators later seized the boa after finding it had been neglected. The snake was euthanized for a neurological disorder.

"The county attorney's office has made prosecuting animal-cruelty cases a high priority," said County Attorney Andrew Thomas.

When the case first went to court, Humane Society officials applauded the charges and harsh comments made by the judge.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/13509528/detail.html

LiberalNation
06-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah he shouldn't have gone to jail if he owned the puppy.

06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
thought this was going to be about the snake out here in the Philly burbs. apparently there have been two giant snakes in the area eating things.

Abbey Marie
06-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Investigators later seized the boa after finding it had been neglected. The snake was euthanized for a neurological disorder.

Charming guy all around.

dan
06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm actually in complete disagreement with everyone here, this guy sounds like a real piece of crap, he deserves to be in jail.

1) You shouldn't have a pet that can eat a puppy. That's just stupid.

2) It's not that it was a puppy, I think it's messed up that people feed snakes mice, too.

3) "He then fed the snake as two 15-year-old boys watched." Sounds like a real role model.

This guy should've been euthanized for a neurological disorder

Abbey Marie
06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm actually in complete disagreement with everyone here, this guy sounds like a real piece of crap, he deserves to be in jail.

1) You shouldn't have a pet that can eat a puppy. That's just stupid.

2) It's not that it was a puppy, I think it's messed up that people feed snakes mice, too.

3) "He then fed the snake as two 15-year-old boys watched." Sounds like a real role model.

This guy should've been euthanized for a neurological disorder

See my post above- you are not in disagreement with me. The guy is a jerk, and it's sad that people think it's ok.

dan
06-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I just meant the general consensus of the board. You and me, Abbey, we'll fight 'em all.:coffee:

Abbey Marie
06-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I just meant the general consensus of the board. You and me, Abbey, we'll fight 'em all.:coffee:

:thumb: :beer:

Gunny
06-18-2007, 04:52 PM

You can just stand back and watch if you like because I'm in complete agreement with you both. Any snake around me that isn't dead is going to get that way REAL quick.

Feeding a puppy to a snake IS animal cruelty and he got less than he deserved. They should feed HIM to a snake.

Hagbard Celine
06-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Stupid. No wonder our prisons are over-crowded. He fed one animal (I assume he legally owned) to another. People do this with mice and snakes all the time.

Rabidly "pro-life" and yet no compassion in your heart for a cute little puppy that was slowly squeezed to death by a snake--purposely fed to the snake by a twisted, cruel man in front of children no less. I have a co-worker who would cry if she knew about this. And yet Mr. Christian Conservative has absolutely no compassion. Only a Reagan-esque pre-occupation with overcrowded prisons and personal property rights. Go figure.

LiberalNation
06-18-2007, 05:02 PM
The guys a jerk and what he did was stupid but not 90 days in jail. Snakes eat things like this naturally if they're availible. It's not more crual than feeding it a mouse in front of 15 yo which wouldn't be illegal.

Gunny
06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
The guys a jerk and what he did was stupid but not 90 days in jail stupid. Snakes eat things like this naturally if they're availible. It's not more crual than feeding it a mouse in front of 15 yo which wouldn't be illegal.

Obviously, the law believes it IS 90 days in jail stupid.

Hagbard Celine
06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
The guys a jerk and what he did was stupid but not 90 days in jail stupid. Snakes eat things like this naturally if they're availible. It's not more crual than feeding it a mouse in front of 15 yo which wouldn't be illegal.

Mice aren't man's best friend. They're rodent scavengers that spread the black plague.

LiberalNation
06-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Mice, bunnies, they are animals just like puppies. Dogs don't deaserve more protection than them.

LiberalNation
06-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Obviously, the law believes it IS 90 days in jail stupid.
The laws stupid half the time.

Abbey Marie
06-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Mice, bunnies, they are animals just like puppies. Dogs don't deaserve more protection than them.

You don't think that the more intelligent the animal, the more cruel it is to kill it slowly?

What about humans?

Guernicaa
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
There is just no comparison between a dog and a mouse.

Dogs are one of the most intelligent species we know of and domesticate.

He especially shouldn't have done it considering dogs are probably the most loved animal in our country. Most people would give up all other pets before they gave up a dog.

Also, being killed by a snake isn't a "BOOM! You’re dead!" instant pain-free death. Its a long and slow agonizing process in which the victims body is slowly crushed and suffocated.

He deserves at least 2 years for this disgusting act....
He was endangering the child mentally as well as putting an innocent/defenseless creature through a horrible death.

There is a difference between something happening in the wild and something being forced to happen. If this were in the wild, chances are the puppy would have been able to run away or possibly used some type of natural defense.
But when it is made defenseless…that’s where your "wild" ends and your "stupid fucking moron" steps in.

nevadamedic
06-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Snakes are horrible, vile and evil creatures. It should be against the law to own them.

manu1959
06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
dude should have fed himself to the snake...

nevadamedic
06-18-2007, 11:44 PM
dude should have fed himself to the snake...

No doubt.............

krisy
06-19-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm with Dan,Abbey,Gunny,obama.

This is cruel. People go to jail for abusing dogs, they are man's best friend.

I also have to ask myself..."Is a dog NATURAL prey for a snake?"

I realise they would eat anything if they were hungry enough,but aren't certain critters prey naturally as opposed to being hunters?

LIB NAt,I don't think snakes eat too may dogs in the wild.

At the pet store I used to work at,people would bring us large bunnies that they didn't want anymore. Occassionally,a snake owner would come in and want to buy one for snake food. Now,I understand a bunny is more "in tune" with a snakes diet than a puppy,but we would jack the price up on the bunny so they would be less likely to buy it.It almost always worked. For anyone that wants to crtitisize that...it is very difficult to hold and feed and play with a little bunny everyday and then sell it as food. Heck,I had trouble with selling the mice and rats,but the snakes do gotta eat,just not puppies.

dan
06-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Glad to see so many people agree with me.:clap:

Abbey Marie
06-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Glad to see so many people agree with me.:clap:

The Silent Majority! :salute:

jimnyc
06-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately, dogs are looked at as "property" by our court systems and hold little value. They are still protected by cruelty laws, but a dog hit by a stray car will only get you the price of the dog in a lawsuit.

I'd still like to feed this guy to a snake myself. I have a Pug and a Chihuahua, both that would be good meals for a large snake. Someone like this would literally have to kill me 10x over to pry my dogs from me. I'd give a few limbs before ever doing anything cruel to me 2 best friends.

I've had snakes and large lizards (monitor). I've also owned hamsters, mice and rats over the years. But I was never able to do the live feeding thing. My Savannah Monitor more or less required mice to live, but I always bought frozen mice online that I just needed to thaw for his dinner.