PDA

View Full Version : 12-Year-Old Dies Unexpectedly, Leaves Amazing Letter to Her Adult Self

jimnyc
01-10-2014, 04:14 PM
What a touching story. Amazing to see how this little girls mind was operating and how smart she was. I know she didn't want it opened, but this small note is probably something the parents will cherish for an eternity.

Sometimes sources of comfort can come from the most unexpected places. At least that’s been the case for a grieving mom and dad in Tennessee, whose 12-year-old daughter died of pneumonia on January 5. Just days after Taylor Smith’s death, her parents found a sealed envelope containing a letter Taylor had written to her 22-year-old self—and its sunny, wise-beyond-her-years prose appears to be a salvation.

“To be opened by Taylor Smith on April 13, 2023 only unless said otherwise,” Taylor had printed on the envelope of the letter, written in April of 2013, according to WJHL.

“Sorry, baby, we opened it,” her father, Tim, told the television station, before reading it aloud with a sometimes-quavering voice. “Dear Taylor, how's life? Life is pretty simple 10 years in your past. I know I'm late for you, but I'm writing this early, so congratulations on graduating high school. If you didn't, go back and keep trying, get that degree…Do you have your own place yet? If we're in college what are we majoring in? Right now I want to be a lawyer.” The letter also talks about the importance of prayer and religious missions (she was, like her family, a devout Christian), Dollywood, her iPad (with a drawing of it attached) and the show “Dr. Who.”

The last, heartbreaking line reads, “Well, I think that’s all, but remember it’s been 10 years since I wrote this. Stuff has happened good and bad, that’s just how life works and you have to go with it.”

Rest here - http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/12-year-old-dies-unexpectedly--leaves-amazing-letter-to-her-adult-self-191637567.html