PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Kathianne!

jimnyc
01-11-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm getting older and losing my eyesight. I just noticed that at the bottom of the board just now. Sorry it took so long to notice!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!! :beer:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Happy Birthday Kat. :beer: :beer: -Tyr

Abbey Marie
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Dang, you beat me to it.

Happy Birthday Kathianne!! I know this will be a great year. :cool:

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b440/mfactor26/Kath.jpg

aboutime
01-11-2014, 08:53 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/HAPPY.jpg

Larrymc
01-11-2014, 09:08 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPAwPTNWP6hN2tGEuUbQp_A0GBlNX6Q YYkcEs7VjkJFf2EJg6lKathianne

Kathianne
01-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Thank you all for the kind wishes! Abbey's so right, this has been the most eventful birthday since day 1! While the birthdays of my kids surpass, few other days are even close!

I spent most of the afternoon and evening moving to my new home and I start my new job on Monday! :dance:
All the kids came and helped me pack up 4 cars worth of stuff. We had lunch at Panera's, (My birthday place! ;) ), Then off to the campus. My children and spouses were duly impressed, including with my personal digs. When I've time and the weather breaks, I'll post some pics.

When we pulled in back of the house, the girls were waving from the kitchen window! We were able to easily unload via the deck to my living quarters. Of course we walked into the kitchen first, the girls all introduced themselves by name and shook each persons hand. They thanked them for 'sharing their mom!' Isn't that sweet? Like I said, my kids were impresssed.

My kids gave me my birthday presents there, which was kind of cool! They decided to give me 'housewarming' gifts. Gift cards to TJMaxx and new bath linens. My daughter has been working at Bath & Body Works until they move to England, so I am now stocked up on candles, lotions, and bath oils! LOL! New towels and some scrubbing stuff.

The 'adult quarters' have me sharing a living room, (with fireplace), and kitchenette, (just missing an oven, though we can always use the main two), with a room mate, though we have separate bedrooms and baths. Lots of cabinets, so all my pots, pans and small appliances can be stored there, I can use them in the main kitchen when necessary. My bedroom has queen sized bed, three dressers, a love seat and my desk will still fit. Three walls of windows! We have our personal deck off of living room. There are 3 other decks on the home and two gas grills!

Downside, from what I can tell there's no wi-fi. However when I get my first or second paycheck, I'll find a way. ;) Actually I may find a way sooner if Julie, my roomate, already has it. I'll know more down the road. I'll get to the library on my days off.

Anyways, when we were finished unpacking what we brought, I came back to my friends home. Sleeping here tonight, though I loaded the car for heading out early tomorrow.

DCFS, (Dept of Children & Family Svcs), has yet to send an approval so while I am basically in my 'home,' I can't stay overnight with the kids. So, I got keys to the 'guest house' along with one other 'new start.' That bedroom has a full sized bed, so I ran to my brother's and picked up linens for that! Luckily my own bed is a queen, so my linens will go into my permanent home.

It's going to be 'busy' for me for quite awhile. Three weeks of 'training,' 8-4:30 in class; then 6-9 in one of the homes, (mostly my own, but they put us in others to become 'acclimated' for emergencies, when we may need to cover if someone is ill or for other emergencies. Two adults need to be in all homes at all times, if the kids are there. I'll be off on weekends during training, so it maybe a few days until I can post after tomorrow morning.

Upside, the local library gets rave reviews from my daughter and husband who lived in that town for awhile. Downside, where I am is its own 'city' so I'll have to get 'non-resident' card, need to find out how much. I would die without library! LOL!

fj1200
01-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Downside, from what I can tell there's no wi-fi.

Sounds awesome and happy birthday. As to the wi-fi??? Try Clear. (clear.com) Not perfect if you can get it but better than nothing.

Larrymc
01-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Thank you all for the kind wishes! Abbey's so right, this has been the most eventful birthday since day 1! While the birthdays of my kids surpass, few other days are even close!

I spent most of the afternoon and evening moving to my new home and I start my new job on Monday! :dance:
All the kids came and helped me pack up 4 cars worth of stuff. We had lunch at Panera's, (My birthday place! ;) ), Then off to the campus. My children and spouses were duly impressed, including with my personal digs. When I've time and the weather breaks, I'll post some pics.

When we pulled in back of the house, the girls were waving from the kitchen window! We were able to easily unload via the deck to my living quarters. Of course we walked into the kitchen first, the girls all introduced themselves by name and shook each persons hand. They thanked them for 'sharing their mom!' Isn't that sweet? Like I said, my kids were impresssed.

My kids gave me my birthday presents there, which was kind of cool! They decided to give me 'housewarming' gifts. Gift cards to TJMaxx and new bath linens. My daughter has been working at Bath & Body Works until they move to England, so I am now stocked up on candles, lotions, and bath oils! LOL! New towels and some scrubbing stuff.

The 'adult quarters' have me sharing a living room, (with fireplace), and kitchenette, (just missing an oven, though we can always use the main two), with a room mate, though we have separate bedrooms and baths. Lots of cabinets, so all my pots, pans and small appliances can be stored there, I can use them in the main kitchen when necessary. My bedroom has queen sized bed, three dressers, a love seat and my desk will still fit. Three walls of windows! We have our personal deck off of living room. There are 3 other decks on the home and two gas grills!

Downside, from what I can tell there's no wi-fi. However when I get my first or second paycheck, I'll find a way. ;) Actually I may find a way sooner if Julie, my roomate, already has it. I'll know more down the road. I'll get to the library on my days off.

Anyways, when we were finished unpacking what we brought, I came back to my friends home. Sleeping here tonight, though I loaded the car for heading out early tomorrow.

DCFS, (Dept of Children & Family Svcs), has yet to send an approval so while I am basically in my 'home,' I can't stay overnight with the kids. So, I got keys to the 'guest house' along with one other 'new start.' That bedroom has a full sized bed, so I ran to my brother's and picked up linens for that! Luckily my own bed is a queen, so my linens will go into my permanent home.

It's going to be 'busy' for me for quite awhile. Three weeks of 'training,' 8-4:30 in class; then 6-9 in one of the homes, (mostly my own, but they put us in others to become 'acclimated' for emergencies, when we may need to cover if someone is ill or for other emergencies. Two adults need to be in all homes at all times, if the kids are there. I'll be off on weekends during training, so it maybe a few days until I can post after tomorrow morning.

Upside, the local library gets rave reviews from my daughter and husband who lived in that town for awhile. Downside, where I am is its own 'city' so I'll have to get 'non-resident' card, need to find out how much. I would die without library! LOL!Congrats Kat, so Happy for you, sounds like you had a Great Birthday.

Jeff
01-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Happy Birthday Kat !!!

Kat I wish ya the best with the new Job, it sounds amazing !!

Looking forward to hearing more as you get going .

Voted4Reagan
01-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Happy Birthday Kat!!

CSM
01-12-2014, 08:32 AM
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my favorite posters and a great lady!

Gaffer
01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Happy Birthday Kath, the new job sounds great and sure beats Walgreens.

Nukeman
01-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Happy B-day Kathianne!!!!!!!!!:thewave::rock::banana::joy4::sh akegift:

Abbey Marie
01-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Love your enthusiasm for the new job. Pictures would be great.

:beer:

revelarts
01-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Happy Belated B-Day! Kathianne!!

and Super congrats on your new Gig, sounds like a wonderful fit.
And enjoy your new digs too!
https://31.media.tumblr.com/4ce808019b0e04e13d389b8a6de4f0dd/tumblr_mz7koddV6x1qjnz9go8_r1_250.gif

many blessings to you and your new children.

jimnyc
01-28-2014, 10:50 AM

I guess I should have read more thoroughly, this would likely explain it! We miss ya, Kath!! I hope all is well there and you get online soon!