PDA

View Full Version : Police: Knockout Suspect Guilty of “Harassment,” not Assault

Jeff
01-14-2014, 08:08 AM
So the punk punches someone in the face but it isn't Assault :eek: give me a break, mean while the white guy that was arrested wasn't only charged with assault but also a Hate crime , and some wonder why racism is going backwards !!

The media didn’t dare acknowledge the existence of the knockout game, a game where some bored teen decides to knock out a complete stranger by sneaking up on him and punching him in the face. Usually, the attackers are black, and the victims are white. That’s why the media didn’t want to bring up the game. They wouldn’t want their viewers to get the wrong idea.They only recently acknowledged its existence when some white kid played the game with an older black man. Then, the media took notice, and Holder’s Department of “Justice” charged him with a hate crime. I’m sure many a liberal media outlet had “expert panels” where the participants would ruminate aloud about how these white-on-black crimes are escalating.

It seems that the media just don’t see the black-on-white knockouts. Or if they do, then they’ll say that they’re just “teenagers being teenagers.” Maybe that’s why the Rochester Police Department in New York is claiming that a local knockout suspect is guilty of harassment, but not assault. After all, according to the Rochester PD spokes(wo)man, the older white woman who was sucker-punched didn’t sustain “substantial pain” for it to be considered anything more than just harassment.

http://lastresistance.com/4361/police-knockout-suspect-guilty-harassment-assault/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-14-2014, 08:15 AM
So the punk punches someone in the face but it isn't Assault :eek: give me a break, mean while the white guy that was arrested wasn't only charged with assault but also a Hate crime , and some wonder why racism is going backwards !!
http://lastresistance.com/4361/police-knockout-suspect-guilty-harassment-assault/
The knockout game is an Obama/Trayvon inspired crime against Whites and Jews. Fits right in with the blacks are victim mentality and getting even with whitey. So obvious and that's why the media ignored it until a "white piece of scum" decided to do it to a black. --Tyr

Voted4Reagan
01-14-2014, 08:48 AM
The state attorney general should be filing Elder Abuse charges.

http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/psa/adultabuse.asp

Gaffer
01-14-2014, 09:39 AM

I don't know about NY but in Ohio if you even swing at someone and miss it's considered an assault.

fj1200
01-14-2014, 09:49 AM
I don't know about NY but in Ohio if you even swing at someone and miss it's considered an assault.

IIRC assault is the fear that you will be hit whereas battery is the actual act of hitting. Not sure how assault and battery were not committed here, a vaguery in the law perhaps?

Missileman
01-14-2014, 11:23 AM
IIRC assault is the fear that you will be hit whereas battery is the actual act of hitting. Not sure how assault and battery were not committed here, a vaguery in the law perhaps?

I recall reading that lots of legal terms; assault and battery, breaking and entering, aiding and abetting, etc. were written like that so as to include a Latin-based and a Germanic-based term. IIRC, the official language of the US could very well have wound up being German. I think the double terms have been for the most part broken up and made into specific offenses, though aiding and abetting has remained intact.

Gaffer
01-14-2014, 11:48 AM

Ohio use to have assault, assault and battery, and battery as different charges. They changed it about 20 years ago to just assault. The battery was included in that. Whether that's been changed again I don't know as I know longer keep up with the criminal code changes. There was misdemeanor assault and felony assault. The prosecutor determined which he would go after.

Here the punk would have been charged with felony assault. Harassment would not even be a consideration.