PDA

View Full Version : Yup, Here's Our America, "Let the Segregation Commence"...

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Let the Segregation Commence

Separatist graduations proliferate at UCLA.
13 June 2007

Commencement weekend is hard to plan at the University of California, Los Angeles. The university now has so many separate identity-group graduations that scheduling them not to conflict with one another is a challenge. The women’s studies graduation and the Chicana/Chicano studies graduation are both set for 10 AM Saturday. The broader Hispanic graduation, “Raza,” is in near-conflict with the black graduation, which starts just an hour later.

Planning was easier before a new crop of ethnic groups pushed for inclusion. Students of Asian heritage were once content with the Asian–Pacific Islanders ceremony. But now there are separate Filipino and Vietnamese commencements, and some talk of a Cambodian one in the future. Years ago, UCLA sponsored an Iranian graduation, but the school’s commencement office couldn’t tell me if the event was still around. The entire Middle East may yet be a fertile source for UCLA commencements.

Not all ethnic and racial graduations are well attended. The 2003 figures at UCLA showed that while 300 of 855 Hispanic students attended, only 170 out of 1,874 Asian-Americans did.

Some students are presumably eligible for four or five graduations. A gay student with a Native American father and a Filipino mother could attend the Asian, Filipino, and American Indian ceremonies, plus the mainstream graduation and the Lavender Graduation for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered students.

Graduates usually wear identity-group markers—a Filipino stole or a Vietnamese sash, for instance, or a rainbow tassel at the Lavender event. Promoters of ethnic and racial graduations often talk about the strong sense of community that they favor. But it is a sense of community based on blood, a dubious and historically dangerous organizing principle.

The organizers also sometimes argue that identity-group graduations make sense for practical reasons. They say that about 3,000 graduating seniors show up for UCLA’s “regular” graduation, making it a massive and impersonal event. At the more intimate identity-group events, foreign-born parents and relatives hear much of the ceremony in their native tongues. The Filipino event is so small—about 100 students— that each grad gets to speak for 30 seconds.

But the core reason for separatist graduations is the obvious one: on campus, assimilation is a hostile force, the domestic version of American imperialism. On many campuses, identity-group training begins with separate freshman orientation programs for nonwhites, who arrive earlier and are encouraged to bond before the first Caucasian freshmen arrive. Some schools have separate orientations for gays as well. Administrations tend to foster separatism by arguing that bias is everywhere, justifying double standards that favor identity groups.

Four years ago Ward Connerly, then a regent of the University of California, tried to pass a resolution to stop funding of ethnic graduations and gay freshman orientations. He changed his mind and asked to withdraw his proposal, but the regents wanted to vote on it and defeated it in committee 6–3.

No major objections to ethnic graduations have emerged since. As in so many areas of American life, the preposterous is now normal.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/eon2007-06-13jl.html

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes, this is America today. No longer are we all "Americans," now all these foreigners are DEMANDING to be some "hyphenated" American. It WILL destroy us, sooner or later. This is no longer America. It's turning into some kind of nation in a nation in a nation in a nation and so on. These "new Americans" have NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to become "Americans." It's sickening, and I hate it.

Dilloduck
06-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Yes, this is America today. No longer are we all "Americans," now all these foreigners are DEMANDING to be some "hyphenated" American. It WILL destroy us, sooner or later. This is no longer America. It's turning into some kind of nation in a nation in a nation in a nation and so on. These "new Americans" have NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to become "Americans." It's sickening, and I hate it.

I hear ya and I appreciate your passion on this one. When American citizenship is given away it's worthless. What better way to screw the people who have gotten America so far and through so much in just over two centuries. Bush and congress need to know exactly what evil they are doing. How dare they ask us to support ANYTHING they propose when they take away who we are by giving it to criminals ?

Pale Rider
06-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I hear ya and I appreciate your passion on this one. When American citizenship is given away it's worthless. What better way to screw the people who have gotten America so far and through so much in just over two centuries. Bush and congress need to know exactly what evil they are doing. How dare they ask us to support ANYTHING they propose when they take away who we are by giving it to criminals ?

It getting to the point that it seems as though everything our government touches, and everything the liberals are involved with, is either tearing America apart at the seams, or diluting it into a third world shit hole.

I've said this many times here, and every time I say it, I mean it more. That I'm glad I'm as old as I am. I have certainly seen better days in this country. I do NOT like what it's turning into, and I'll be glad to be dead and gone when it falls, because on it's present course, it will.

Monkeybone
06-16-2007, 08:04 AM
so are they seperating for the langauge dif? for some i mean...but that makes no sense....i could understand the sash or whatever adn such, like if you were here on a visa going to our schools....but seperate ones just...stupid.

Gunny
06-16-2007, 08:14 AM

The loss of a national identity is what ultimately doomed the Roman Empire. We're next.

Nukeman
06-16-2007, 09:28 AM
The loss of a national identity is what ultimately doomed the Roman Empire. We're next.Remember "those that refuse to learn form history are doomed to repeat it"

This is ultimately going to bring about the downfall of this great country. The first punches have already been thrown and landed by this type "recognition/segregation" of others.

I for one could care less if anyone wants to have a party to honor graduates of a particular ethnic or relogious background, but when the University decides to host numours graduation ceremonies to appease everyone this is just plain rediculus and not to mention ESPENSIVE.

I expecially like the fact that the one for "normal" caucasions is the one for EVERYBODY what the hell is up with that.

White Americans can't have thier own graduation? Ohh thats right..... that would be exclusionary and rascist.....

Guernicaa
06-16-2007, 09:57 AM
lol I guess its a good thing you didn't live in New York City from 1880-1930:laugh2::laugh2::salute::salute:

Hobbit
06-16-2007, 10:12 AM
lol I guess its a good thing you didn't live in New York City from 1880-1930:laugh2::laugh2::salute::salute:

You mean when hard-working immigrants, mostly Europeans, came over to America longing for nothing more than to be called an American and got descriminated against to the point that they formed their own seperate neighborhoods in big cities as they tried desperately to assimilate? Yeah, cause a first generation Italian who busts his butt 10 hours a day, speaks the best English that he can, and is pissed off because people see him more as an Italian than as an American is the exact same thing as a Mexican who crossed the border in the dead of night carrying a load of drugs so he could undercut the minimum wage and spike our health care costs, never even make an effort to learn English, and then demand that he be catered to and identified as Hispanic, rather than American, including getting the forms he uses to file for welfare programs in Spanish. Yeah, those two are the same damn thing.

Monkeybone
06-16-2007, 10:22 AM

what are you talking about? Those ppl tried to become Americans, yes they had their own lifestyles that we unique to them, but for the most part they loved the country and the only thing that they really asked for was a chance to start a new life here.

the ppl of today demand special treatment and do nothing of the sort to become an American. Just because you live here does not automatically make you an American. when racism and such is talked about and blamed on white ppl and how we are keeping it alive is bullshit. Yah i will admit that there are a few hill billys that keep the hate going. but then you have this, that they have to have completely seperate ones because of heritage? that is what is keeping it alive, the fact that they have the need to point out and have seperate cermonies. i am not saying that you need to forget your heritage or antyhing like that, but come on. you are graduating...you are an American that is graduating, not an African american, or hispanic, or viatmenise.

Trigg
06-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Ok lets see. I want a graduation for all my heritage also.

German

Irish

Swedish

Or are they discriminating against us European Americans????? Maybe Our European heritage isn't as important as theirs???????

82Marine89
06-16-2007, 11:14 AM

That's a bunch of crap. My grandparents are immigrants and although my folks spoke Italian and Polish at home, they were not allowed to speak it in public. They were told they were Americans and they needed to act as such. My father raised me the same way. I understand and can speak English, Italian, Polish, and Spanish, but will only speak the latter three as needed.

Pale Rider
06-16-2007, 01:34 PM
You mean when hard-working immigrants, mostly Europeans, came over to America longing for nothing more than to be called an American and got discriminated against to the point that they formed their own separate neighborhoods in big cities as they tried desperately to assimilate? Yeah, cause a first generation Italian who busts his butt 10 hours a day, speaks the best English that he can, and is pissed off because people see him more as an Italian than as an American is the exact same thing as a Mexican who crossed the border in the dead of night carrying a load of drugs so he could undercut the minimum wage and spike our health care costs, never even make an effort to learn English, and then demand that he be catered to and identified as Hispanic, rather than American, including getting the forms he uses to file for welfare programs in Spanish. Yeah, those two are the same damn thing.

what are you talking about? Those ppl tried to become Americans, yes they had their own lifestyles that we unique to them, but for the most part they loved the country and the only thing that they really asked for was a chance to start a new life here.

the ppl of today demand special treatment and do nothing of the sort to become an American. Just because you live here does not automatically make you an American. when racism and such is talked about and blamed on white ppl and how we are keeping it alive is bullshit. Yah i will admit that there are a few hill billys that keep the hate going. but then you have this, that they have to have completely separate ones because of heritage? that is what is keeping it alive, the fact that they have the need to point out and have separate ceremonies. i am not saying that you need to forget your heritage or anything like that, but come on. you are graduating...you are an American that is graduating, not an African American, or hispanic, or viatmenise.

That's a bunch of crap. My grandparents are immigrants and although my folks spoke Italian and Polish at home, they were not allowed to speak it in public. They were told they were Americans and they needed to act as such. My father raised me the same way. I understand and can speak English, Italian, Polish, and Spanish, but will only speak the latter three as needed.

Outstanding gentlemen. I love it when a liberal gets his/her ass nailed to the floor in the most embarrassing fashion. It also saves me the hassle of doing it myself.

5stringJeff
06-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Now, I'm against this in general. However, if this is the new trend, I want a Southern-American graduation, complete with the Stars and Bars.

Hugh Lincoln
06-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Yes, this is America today... It's sickening, and I hate it.

Yes, you are not alone. I don't actually know what the future of the U.S. holds for us all, or whether there will be a U.S. much longer. Probably, but it will in no way resemble what our ancestors knew. History goes in cycles and I have little doubt that, as was mentioned above, we are going the way of Rome.

The problem I see is that while all these groups -- black, Hispanic, Asian, Jewish, Arab, Muslim, Korean, Indian, you name it -- have powerful identities and unity, we whites are dispersed and unaware of what's going on. We are not united. We think the split is between "red state" and "blue state" or liberal or conservative, but it's not. The real split is between the races and ethnicities.

But I fear it will be hard for whites to unite and fight back. We're like a spread-out army with no leader. Most whites don't even think of themselves as "white," but instead as "American." I fear that's a mistake. YOU think of yourself as an "American," but THEY see you as the enemy: the white man, the Aryan, the "gringo", whitey, honky, cracker, "the Man," the "system", corporate America --- that which must be DESTROYED.

If we take no action, we will be.

Yurt
06-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes, you are not alone. I don't actually know what the future of the U.S. holds for us all, or whether there will be a U.S. much longer. Probably, but it will in no way resemble what our ancestors knew. History goes in cycles and I have little doubt that, as was mentioned above, we are going the way of Rome.

The problem I see is that while all these groups -- black, Hispanic, Asian, Jewish, Arab, Muslim, Korean, Indian, you name it -- have powerful identities and unity, we whites are dispersed and unaware of what's going on. We are not united. We think the split is between "red state" and "blue state" or liberal or conservative, but it's not. The real split is between the races and ethnicities.

But I fear it will be hard for whites to unite and fight back. We're like a spread-out army with no leader. Most whites don't even think of themselves as "white," but instead as "American." I fear that's a mistake. YOU think of yourself as an "American," but THEY see you as the enemy: the white man, the Aryan, the "gringo", whitey, honky, cracker, "the Man," the "system", corporate America --- that which must be DESTROYED.

If we take no action, we will be.

I agree with your post, almost entirely. What about those that are half "white?"

The rest is true. Every group except "white" is "allowed" to be that group and have pride in it. It is sick. And what is disturbing, is that it is MOSTLY white liberals stoking that fire.

Hugh Lincoln
06-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I agree with your post, almost entirely. What about those that are half "white?"

Fair question, but keep in mind that this question is usually asked as a way to discredit any nascent white consciousness. Notice nobody ever questions the NAACP on grounds that some people are only part black!

Pale Rider
06-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Fair question, but keep in mind that this question is usually asked as a way to discredit any nascent white consciousness. Notice nobody ever questions the NAACP on grounds that some people are only part black!

That's because black people can't BE racists. Only white people are capable of being racist. This is the mind set of America today... amongst the PC crowd anyway. To me, I feel free to like or dislike any other race with the same fever that they like or dislike me, and I voice it. Here and in public. Fuck 'em all. You rant and rave about "whitey", and I'll rant and rave about "you," whoever the hell you are. Fair is fair.