PDA

View Full Version : Gun Companies are Moving to the Land of Dixie

Jeff
01-16-2014, 07:49 AM
This is a no Brainer, I would of thought these companies and others having nothing to do with guns would of made the trip South a long time ago, many have due to lower wages , lower taxes and the list goes on. While living in SC I worked at a company called Zues industrial , the mother company was in NJ . At that time ( 20 plus years ago) I was getting paid $6.29 a hour and had heard stories that the employees in NJ made more than double and we had less employees but produced way more than they did, well coming from NJ I figured this was all just stories made up by unhappy employees down there, as many of you know I always was a over the road driver ( yes I did try to take jobs such as this to keep me home more ) but after a couple of months working for $6.29 a hr I had to go back on the road and low and behold one of my first deliveries was to Zues Industries in NJ , once there I found out there employees didn't make double what we did they actually where getting 15 and change a hour and the load I had carried up there was from SC, seems even though NJ had a much bigger operation they would have to send some of there work down to SC to get it done, yes the SC employees made way less but produced way more, go figure.

While the base of ownership for guns continues to broaden in the U.S., the atmosphere for gun manufacturing is looking better and better below the Mason-Dixon line.Although background checks for gun sales in 2013 destroyed previous records, there remains a raw hostility to guns in some Northeastern portions of our country. In turn, this has spawned a culture war that is driving gun manufacturers to greener pastures.

http://visiontoamerica.com/16594/gun-companies-are-moving-to-the-land-of-dixie/#comment-527858

hjmick
01-16-2014, 04:46 PM
SC is getting two that I know of. That's good for probably 300 jobs or so...

glockmail
01-16-2014, 08:20 PM
We just got a new Ruger plant up the street, in the same town as Remington's world headquarters...