PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks vs Forty-Whiners thread

darin
01-16-2014, 03:52 PM
What are you guys thinking?

I'm on the fence; Either seattle will lose a close one, or win by two scores. Every time I've felt nervous this year, Seattle has dominated.

These guys are key - but the team is so deep anyone can step-up.

http://www.seahawks.com/assets/images/imported/SEA/articleImages/players/2012/wilson-russell/121228fantasy600.jpg

CSM
01-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Isn't 'seahawk' the politically correct name for 'seagull'?

Just yanking yer chain!

jimnyc
01-17-2014, 11:56 AM
All comes down to whether or not Lynch can establish a good running game, IMO. And since they're home, and the 12th man, I think he does. I think the D comes to play and the noise gets them fired up.

Seattle 27
San Fran 13

gabosaurus
01-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Seahawks fans will enjoy this most excellent prank call.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014/january/49ers-fan-erupts-after-seattle-radio-prank.html

jimnyc
01-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Seahawks fans will enjoy this most excellent prank call.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014/january/49ers-fan-erupts-after-seattle-radio-prank.html

I listened to this yesterday off of a Yahoo story. They (the writer) seemed to hint that it was fake aka made up. Either way, hilarious!!

Abbey Marie
01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
We east-coasters have a hard time getting very interested. Sorry, D!
I do, however, hope the Cheatriots lose.

jimnyc
01-17-2014, 02:48 PM
We east-coasters have a hard time getting very interested. Sorry, D!
I do, however, hope the Cheatriots lose.

Well, we do have the Bowl being played by us in Giants Stadium. I'm hoping for sub-zero weather and 4-6 inches of snow. Not enough to cancel the game, but enough to make the game awesome!

fj1200
01-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Well, we do have the Bowl being played by us in Giants Stadium. I'm hoping for sub-zero weather and 4-6 inches of snow. Not enough to cancel the game, but enough to make the game awesome!

Me too. My buddy who's going to be a photographer at the game thinks otherwise. :laugh:

jimnyc
01-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Me too. My buddy who's going to be a photographer at the game thinks otherwise. :laugh:

He'll be field level? At least he can wear 40 layers of clothing if he wants. But I have too many bad 'cold' memories at that damn stadium. My last time there was Steelers vs. Jets and it was snowing the whole time, and was freezing, and people threw things at me, and the Steelers lost. Hate that stadium.

Abbey Marie
01-17-2014, 05:23 PM
He'll be field level? At least he can wear 40 layers of clothing if he wants. But I have too many bad 'cold' memories at that damn stadium. My last time there was Steelers vs. Jets and it was snowing the whole time, and was freezing, and people threw things at me, and the Steelers lost. Hate that stadium.

Sounds like you were there before it was renovated?

jimnyc
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Sounds like you were there before it was renovated?

Oh yeah, and the whirling winds are still the same! I've been to Giants Stadium like a million times. It would have been cool growing up if I were actually a Giants fan! LOL Also been to like a million concerts there too. Even though not a Giants or Jets fan, that's still "home field" to many of us who grew up in the area. Being to the amount of games I've been to, which made me an enemy, I don't think many people going there have had more peanuts, popcorn and M&M's tossed at them as I have! Luckily I was never beat up. :)

I'm just seeing that Percy Harvin of the 'Hawks has been officially ruled out for the game. He's barely been there all year, so it won't matter, but he would have been a great extra weapon to have on the field if he was healthy. My pick remains the same. I hope Lynch runs for about a buck 80 and then Wilson will toss for about 240 and 2 TD's with not picks.

fj1200
01-18-2014, 07:23 AM

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be dressed up and ready to go. If it were me I'd have on three layers of electric clothes to stay warm. I can't imagine how to fiddle with a camera wearing gloves and stuff.

gabosaurus
01-19-2014, 10:45 PM
I saw where the Seahawks won, so I assume Darin is happy tonight. My only stake in this is that I have always found the 49ers coach and quarterback to be insufferable.