PDA

View Full Version : Kittens

Jeff
01-17-2014, 07:52 AM
OK so I have shown pictures of the puppies I have ( and am now getting rid of ) so now that it is time to get rid of the pups my cat has decided to have kittens, she had one yesterday afternoon but was interrupted so she quit having them ( according to the research I did last night this is normal, if a cat is interrupted she can quit and it could be a day or two before she starts again) but I awoke to her pushing the third out ( yes the wife set her up in the bathroom in a laundry basket) so as I am wiping the sleep out of my eyes I got to watch her push # 3 out :puke: Yes birth may be a beautiful thing but not at 6 am while I am still trying to wake up :laugh:

KitchenKitten99
01-17-2014, 09:27 AM
OK so I have shown pictures of the puppies I have ( and am now getting rid of ) so now that it is time to get rid of the pups my cat has decided to have kittens, she had one yesterday afternoon but was interrupted so she quit having them ( according to the research I did last night this is normal, if a cat is interrupted she can quit and it could be a day or two before she starts again) but I awoke to her pushing the third out ( yes the wife set her up in the bathroom in a laundry basket) so as I am wiping the sleep out of my eyes I got to watch her push # 3 out :puke: Yes birth may be a beautiful thing but not at 6 am while I am still trying to wake up :laugh:

Suck it up Sally! You're being gifted with the witnessing of God's real life show of REAL life before you even run water in the shower or sink.

As soon as they're dry, make sure you get your mama cat and the kittens used to being handled (a few minutes at a time, 2x/day and increase a little as they get older). This helps with their knowing to trust people.

Now... onto the future of the kittens. I am in need of a couple barn cats by about March/April.

Oh and photos should be posted here. I love pics of newborn kittens.

gabosaurus
01-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Rule No. 1 of Life: Keep the cats, get rid of the dogs. :cheers2:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BtqMza87zno/TzMhT2gGbZI/AAAAAAAADEs/OzqWlJMUCtI/s1600/gifs_06.gif

jimnyc
01-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Definitely post pictures! Any all white or all black?

Jeff
01-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Suck it up Sally! You're being gifted with the witnessing of God's real life show of REAL life before you even run water in the shower or sink.

As soon as they're dry, make sure you get your mama cat and the kittens used to being handled (a few minutes at a time, 2x/day and increase a little as they get older). This helps with their knowing to trust people.

We have been handling them and Momma is ok with it , I learned this the hard way about 15 or so years ago, we had a cat they stayed outside all the time and she had kittens , when they where about 6 weeks or so I had to take the big truck to get tires put on the tractor , so I was dropping the trailer in the yard when I realized there were kittens all over the back of the truck so I tried to pick one up ( to move it so it wouldn't get hurt ) and it scratched the hell out of me ( no one had handled them so they were scared to death ) so I finally got them all off ( or so I thought ) so I proceeded to the tire barn, once there they sent a black guy out to put new front tires on the truck and he came back in laughing but shaken :laugh: seems he lifted the hood and a kitten was sitting in the engine compartment , I got the kitten calm and placed it in a box and got it home.

Now... onto the future of the kittens. I am in need of a couple barn cats by about March/April.

I am going to keep one for outdoors, she had one that is a different color I don't know what you would call it but it is cute

Oh and photos should be posted here. I love pics of newborn kittens.

Will do

Rule No. 1 of Life: Keep the cats, get rid of the dogs. :cheers2:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BtqMza87zno/TzMhT2gGbZI/AAAAAAAADEs/OzqWlJMUCtI/s1600/gifs_06.gif Gabs my dogs would be lost without the cats and vise versa , they play well together

Definitely post pictures! Any all white or all black?

No solid colors Jim and pics are on the way