PDA

View Full Version : Thank God Russia fights on the right side for once.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2014, 08:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-russia-steps-military-lifeline-syria-39-assad-114716636--sector.html
Exclusive: Russia steps up military lifeline to Syria's Assad - sources

Reuters
By Jonathan Saul
5 hours ago
Forces loyal to President al-Assad walk with weapons in Aleppo town of Naqaren

Forces loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad walk with their weapons in the Aleppo town of Naqaren, …

By Jonathan Saul
LONDON (Reuters) - In recent weeks Russia has stepped up supplies of military gear to Syria, including armored vehicles, drones and guided bombs, boosting President Bashar al-Assad just as rebel infighting has weakened the insurgency against him, sources with knowledge of the deliveries say.

Moscow, which is trying to raise its diplomatic and economic influence in the Middle East, has been a major provider of conventional weapons to Syria, giving Assad crucial support during the three-year civil war and blocking wider Western attempts to punish him with sanctions for the use of force against civilians.

The new Russian supplies come at a critically fluid stage of the conflict, with peace talks scheduled for next week in Switzerland, the factious opposition losing ground, and Western support for the rebellion growing increasingly wary of the role played by foreign militants. Syria has even said some countries formally opposed to Assad have begun discussing security cooperation with his government.

Several sources told Reuters that Assad's forces had since December received deliveries of weaponry and other military supplies, including unmanned spy drones known as UAVs, which have been arranged by Russia either directly or via proxies.

"Dozens of Antonov 124s (Russian transport planes) have been bringing in armored vehicles, surveillance equipment, radars, electronic warfare systems, spare parts for helicopters, and various weapons including guided bombs for planes," a Middle East security source said.

"Russian advisers and intelligence experts have been running observation UAVs around the clock to help Syrian forces track rebel positions, analyze their capabilities, and carry out precision artillery and air force strikes against them," said the source, who declined to be identified.

Vyacheslav Davidenko, spokesman for Russia's arms export monopoly Rosoboronexport, said they could not comment on arms deliveries to Syria. Obama puts our nation on the wrong side in this one. I hope Russia makes his worthless ass pay and pay big time on this.. Tyr

Gaffer
01-19-2014, 01:57 PM
If assad wins syria becomes part of the iranian caliphate, if AQ wins syria becomes part of the brotherhood caliphate. Six of one half dozen of the other.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-19-2014, 02:38 PM
If assad wins syria becomes part of the iranian caliphate, if AQ wins syria becomes part of the brotherhood caliphate. Six of one half dozen of the other. I am not for any of the dogs. I am for our interests which Obama works against everyway he can get by with. If Assad winning shafts his sorry ass I pray for it to be.. -Tyr

01-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Right side? There is no right side in Syria.

jafar00
01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
It's clear Tyr, that you are confused who to hate more in this conflict.

gabosaurus
01-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Right side? There is no right side in Syria.

Exactly. I don't know how anyone can choose sides when two terrorist factions are fighting each other. You can only hope they kill each other off.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Right side? There is no right side in Syria. As God is my witness I know this fact. Whichever side Obama is for is not in this nation's best interests. I'll choose that side to support winning if any side wins. Tis why Obama joined in because Assad's opposition could seal the deal after 3=years of fighting.. Assad starting winning so Obama sent in aid to our enemies ,terrorist we are legally bound to not aid--he the worthless scum engaged in high treason by doing that. That is a fact. I cut nobody any slack when I present truth about them. bamscum is nothing but a damn traitor. -Tyr

jafar00
01-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Exactly. I don't know how anyone can choose sides when two terrorist factions are fighting each other. You can only hope they kill each other off.

What about the 3rd side?