PDA

View Full Version : Kansas middle school: Poster listing sex acts part of 'health and science' curriculum

Jeff
01-18-2014, 07:52 AM
I think this is wrong, my boys go to middle school and I hear them talk about girls , sex and so on and no way are they ready to try and figure this stuff out.

As local Fox News affiliate in Kansas, fox4kc.com, reported (http://fox4kc.com/2014/01/14/father-upset-with-terms-on-schools-sexual-education-poster/) Tuesday, Mark Ellis said his daughter, a student at Hocker Grove Middle school in the Shawnee Mission School District, was “shocked” by what she saw on a poster on a classroom wall in school. Ellis said his daughter took a picture of the poster and showed her parents.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/15/Kansas-Middle-School-Says-Poster-Listing-Sex-Acts-Part-of-Health-and-Science-Curriculum

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-18-2014, 10:18 AM
I think this is wrong, my boys go to middle school and I hear them talk about girls , sex and so on and no way are they ready to try and figure this stuff out.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/15/Kansas-Middle-School-Says-Poster-Listing-Sex-Acts-Part-of-Health-and-Science-Curriculum
Just more proof that the Federal government should not be in charge of public education. Just wait until this gets widespread and muslim students tell their parents about it! Their parents will go apeshit over it and then we'll see action to stop it.. infidels complaining me nothing to the Allah OBAMA AND HIS MINIONS.

aboutime
01-18-2014, 05:16 PM
I realize this is a serious problem for most parents. But, knowing, and seeing how the educational system, and the untrained wannabe teachers, represented, and protected by Union affiliations; somehow looks like this "Health and Science" curriculum in a middle school IS PROBABLY, more directed at the UNQUALFIED, YOUNG TEACHERS who have been shown to be far less educated about Common Sense, Logic, and Actual life situations. So..they become the students who eventually become the students partners.

I know it sounds dumb, stupid, and irrational. But...think about it.

If the children are the targets of the SEXUAL aspects in class. WHO stands to prosper the most???

The wannabe teachers, or the innocent children....as all of us ONCE WERE?

gabosaurus
01-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Come on, Jeff, you live in Georgia. Middle school kids will know as much about sex as some teachers. :cool:

Jeff
01-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Come on, Jeff, you live in Georgia. Middle school kids will know as much about sex as some teachers. :cool:

Gabs I am surprised you a Mother of a beautiful young lady would think that this is something to joke about :eek:

I can remember going to Jr. high ( yes back then we called it Jr. high and it went from 7TH to the 9TH grade) I went to a Jr. high were maybe 10 to 15 kids I went to grammar school with went to as well ( the way they broke the lines up had me going to grammar school with one bunch of kids then to Jr. high with another set and then back to H.S. with the kids from grammar school ) well the kids that where bused in to my Jr. high came from a lower class working area and were brought up different than I had ever seen. On the second or third day of school a girl name Cheryl ( who was hot as can be at least to a 7TH grader ) slid her hand down my pants in homeroom ( I had no idea what she was doing but I remember I liked it but was embarrassed at the same time) Yes she was considered the school pump by the time we hit 9TH grade ( and she had two kids by the time she should of graduated HS ) but as a kid in 7TH grade nether of us had any idea what was going on ( yes she thought she was cool, mean while she was throwing her life away ) as for Anal sex and stuff like that we had no idea nor would anyone of taught us anything like that.

Gabs I never had a little girl ( God never blessed me with one ) but I can tell you if I had a little girl I would never joke about anything like this , yes my boys know some sexual things ( most are degrading to young ladies and I try to teach them that is wrong ) I couldn't imagine my 12 year old daughter being taught about anal sex but I guess that comes from living in a area that still has some Morals ( yes a place that you city people think is cool to throw stones at because we have Morals ) but you are correct in theory, we do have a high teenage pregnancy issue here ( and most parents care about what there kids are doing ) imagine if we all thought it was a joke as you do , but even the parents I know that truly disgust me ( letting there little girls entertain young boys in there bedroom and feeling they have to give these kids there privacy :eek: ) still wouldn't go with there kids being taught about anal sex or oral , but I guess that is the difference between a place where we have Morals and well um LA :laugh:

Kids have there entire lives to learn different ways to have sex, why not teach the kids about having babies ( at a appropriate age , we had sex ED in 9TH grade and I also went all through Jr. high without seeing one girl pregnant, hell if I remember right in HS we only had one girl get pregnant ) But parents actually cared back then .

But if you feel this is something to joke about that is your right ( honestly I believe you are going for the WOW factor here and I believe your little girl is raised up much different than your poor attempt for a joke ) at least I hope so because as I said I wasn't lucky enough to have a little girl but if I did she would be raised to know right from wrong, by the time she entered middle school she wouldn't be being taught about anal sex I can assure you but she would be smarter than these liberal idiots that feel it is OK to teach babies to have anal sex !

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Gabs I am surprised you a Mother of a beautiful young lady would think that this is something to joke about :eek:

I can remember going to Jr. high ( yes back then we called it Jr. high and it went from 7TH to the 9TH grade) I went to a Jr. high were maybe 10 to 15 kids I went to grammar school with went to as well ( the way they broke the lines up had me going to grammar school with one bunch of kids then to Jr. high with another set and then back to H.S. with the kids from grammar school ) well the kids that where bused in to my Jr. high came from a lower class working area and were brought up different than I had ever seen. On the second or third day of school a girl name Cheryl ( who was hot as can be at least to a 7TH grader ) slid her hand down my pants in homeroom ( I had no idea what she was doing but I remember I liked it but was embarrassed at the same time) Yes she was considered the school pump by the time we hit 9TH grade ( and she had two kids by the time she should of graduated HS ) but as a kid in 7TH grade nether of us had any idea what was going on ( yes she thought she was cool, mean while she was throwing her life away ) as for Anal sex and stuff like that we had no idea nor would anyone of taught us anything like that.

Gabs I never had a little girl ( God never blessed me with one ) but I can tell you if I had a little girl I would never joke about anything like this , yes my boys know some sexual things ( most are degrading to young ladies and I try to teach them that is wrong ) I couldn't imagine my 12 year old daughter being taught about anal sex but I guess that comes from living in a area that still has some Morals ( yes a place that you city people think is cool to throw stones at because we have Morals ) but you are correct in theory, we do have a high teenage pregnancy issue here ( and most parents care about what there kids are doing ) imagine if we all thought it was a joke as you do , but even the parents I know that truly disgust me ( letting there little girls entertain young boys in there bedroom and feeling they have to give these kids there privacy :eek: ) still wouldn't go with there kids being taught about anal sex or oral , but I guess that is the difference between a place where we have Morals and well um LA :laugh:

Kids have there entire lives to learn different ways to have sex, why not teach the kids about having babies ( at a appropriate age , we had sex ED in 9TH grade and I also went all through Jr. high without seeing one girl pregnant, hell if I remember right in HS we only had one girl get pregnant ) But parents actually cared back then .

But if you feel this is something to joke about that is your right ( honestly I believe you are going for the WOW factor here and I believe your little girl is raised up much different than your poor attempt for a joke ) at least I hope so because as I said I wasn't lucky enough to have a little girl but if I did she would be raised to know right from wrong, by the time she entered middle school she wouldn't be being taught about anal sex I can assure you but she would be smarter than these liberal idiots that feel it is OK to teach babies to have anal sex ! When I was in high school we had only one girl get pregnant and she was 18 and a senior. Only about 4 or 5 girls were rumored to be putting out . Likely true only about one of the 5 girls. Of course I finished as a high school senior in Illinois where just about all the girls where already engaging in sex acts. And 5 or 6 that I know of got pregnant that year with one having returned to school from having giving birth the year before! Completely different than it was in the South I was the year before. Back home during that time we high school lads had to go to the bars looking for older girls to have fun. There was none of that out behind the gym getting oral sex from a half dozen girls in a line that my nephew told me about in the 90's. Girls from sophomore on up to seniors doing the deed right in front of each other like it was a contest on who could perform best! I guess that wasn't good enough now they want 4th grade girls doing crap like that! It was bad enough when it was 16 to 18 year old school girls doing it. --Tyr

gabosaurus
01-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Jeff, I know those are your personal beliefs. Unfortunately, they are not the beliefs of many teens of the current era. The modern teen has been bombarded by sex and violence since they were born. Which is why the teen pregnancy rate is so high and why teens emulate their parents by using violence to settle their scores.

Abbey Marie
01-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks for making me feel depressed. Can someone explain to me why liberals want to sexualize our children at younger and younger ages? In the near future, some version of this poster will probably end up in a 3rd grade classroom.

aboutime
01-19-2014, 07:07 PM

Sure thing gabby. And, we can all tell. Those middle school kids know MUCH MORE than YOU. Based on your patronizing, holier-than-thou, better than, and smarter than everyone else ignorant attitudes here in your posts.
Speaking down to others is your best trait. And THAT'S NOT FUNNY.

gabosaurus
01-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Based on your patronizing, holier-than-thou, better than, and smarter than everyone else ignorant attitudes here in your posts.

It's not an "ignorant attitude" when it is the truth. :cool:

Speaking down to others is your best trait.

When addressing some of you, it is the only way my replies can go. :slap:

Jeff
01-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Jeff, I know those are your personal beliefs. Unfortunately, they are not the beliefs of many teens of the current era. The modern teen has been bombarded by sex and violence since they were born. Which is why the teen pregnancy rate is so high and why teens emulate their parents by using violence to settle their scores.

Gabs you may be right , sex may be what KIDS want, fortunately for us in the south kids 12 and up don't run there own lives, we as parents are to set examples ( and many families do just that , see we don't have to many liberals down here so we know we are in charge not little children ) And honestly Gabby I thought much more of you, a mother of a young girl and you are telling me you are just fine with her being taught ( in 6th grade ) about anal sex and giving oral ? Gabs again I believe this is all part of your WOW factor because I have seen pictures of both you and your beautiful little girl and in no way do I believe even you are that liberal.

I have to be honest here though, I have bashed the LA area many times and it was all based on what I had seen the couple of times I had been out there ( not fair I know to judge a place on a couple short visits ) but thank you, you just confirmed my beliefs !!

But if you look at what you say here you may realize how ridicules it is, you blame teen pregnancy on the sex and violence we have allowed our kids to see but in the very same paragraph you are saying it is OK to tell little children about anal sex :eek: Again here is the south ( that isn't fair ) lets say all good parents no matter where they reside are trying there hardest to set a example that doesn't have little Suzy jumping in and out of back seats ( and yes this sounds a lot like I am only talking about the little girl ) and I guess I am because they are the ones that usually have to pay for trying to be a adult when they are hardly old enough to be called a teenager.

Thanks for making me feel depressed. Can someone explain to me why liberals want to sexualize our children at younger and younger ages? In the near future, some version of this poster will probably end up in a 3rd grade classroom.

Abbey I have posted on here before that in order to be a liberal you must have zero morals , and honestly think about it, just a week ago or so we had ADULTS talking about anal sex on here and I didn't see not one adult that said they had even tried it, let alone enjoy it but yet we want to teach our 12 and 13 year old kids it is OK :eek:

It's not an "ignorant attitude" when it is the truth. :cool:

A ignorant attitude is one where a person says it is OK for my baby girl to take it in her butt because hey kids want it

When addressing some of you, it is the only way my replies can go. :slap:

Yes I guess I am one that you feel you are so much above and that is fine but lets look at your logic, Hmm Jeff he is no good because he has fought for me on many occasions when others tell me to drop to my knees or some other vile shit , yup I am better than him :rolleyes: Again back to no Morals !!

gabosaurus
01-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Jeff dear, who said I was referring to you? If you read the answer, you will realize who I am addressing?

I am not a middle school teacher, so I am not sure what is being taught in any classes that my daughter does not attend. I do know that, in California public schools at least, parents have the right to opt out of sex education. Most do not because they want their kids to know the health risks of sexual behavior.
A great many parents are fairly restrained in what they teach their kids about sex. Like if they don't mention it at all, their kids won't be interested. What it really means is that anything you don't teach them, they will learn on the street.

Yo! Parents! Your kids are interested in sex! It's in all their forms of entertainment! It's in their every day life.
Your kids may never mention sex to you. They might feign disinterest in all thing sexual. But they mention it to me. Because our discussions are privileged. In fact, your kids might be running the bases while you don't even know there is a game on.

Is my daughter learning about sexual situations? Yes, I have authorized it. I am hoping she will learn from my mistakes and not feel pressured into sexual situations.

Gaffer
01-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Look at things rationally. If a state has a high rate of teen pregnancies, where are they found? In the big cities. Who runs big cities in most states? Liberals. Deviance, like this sign, is only found in large metro areas.

Abbey Marie
01-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Jeff dear, who said I was referring to you? If you read the answer, you will realize who I am addressing?

I am not a middle school teacher, so I am not sure what is being taught in any classes that my daughter does not attend. I do know that, in California public schools at least, parents have the right to opt out of sex education. Most do not because they want their kids to know the health risks of sexual behavior.
A great many parents are fairly restrained in what they teach their kids about sex. Like if they don't mention it at all, their kids won't be interested. What it really means is that anything you don't teach them, they will learn on the street.

Yo! Parents! Your kids are interested in sex! It's in all their forms of entertainment! It's in their every day life.
Your kids may never mention sex to you. They might feign disinterest in all thing sexual. But they mention it to me. Because our discussions are privileged. In fact, your kids might be running the bases while you don't even know there is a game on.

Is my daughter learning about sexual situations? Yes, I have authorized it. I am hoping she will learn from my mistakes and not feel pressured into sexual situations.

I agree that our kids are drowning in sexual images and messages thanks to our current culture. But there is a vast difference between young people learning the potential dangers of sex (along with the message that you should be abstaining), and learning that it is quite acceptable, even expected, that they will engage in it. There is a powerful green light given when people in authority treat the subject so casually: "How do you express your sexual feelings? Anal sex? Oral sex?". Really? Sometimes I think that in the hands of liberals, this country has gone off the deep end. And once the horse is out of the barn, it isn't going back in.

Jeff
01-20-2014, 02:33 PM

Fair enough Gabs and I apologize for assuming but we have had our moments over the years. :laugh:

I agree with sex ED , when I was in school I think it was in 9th grade not a poster on the wall for kids as young as 11 to see nor did our teacher talk to us about anal sex and/or oral , we where taught about the reproductive system so we would understand there are consequences for our actions.

I agree whole heartily that kids are interested in sex ( I have two boys that are raring to go but I don't hand them a smut book to learn from)

I truly hope your daughter is learning the right way and not threw a poster describing new cool things a kid can do.

Seriously Gabs we are on the same page here just a bit different tactic, as I said here in the county I live in teen pregnancy is bad and I blame it on lack of education and ignorant parents ( I love when parents let Johnny who is 17 hang with there 15 year old daughter in her bedroom but then want to press charges on Johnny when she becomes pregnant ) yes our children need education but what they don't need is a list of cool new things that the school says is cool to do ( no kids don't need any help they will do these things on there own )

Abbey Marie
01-20-2014, 04:54 PM
It just dawned on me that the reference to anal sex was so our gay 12 year olds won't feel left out. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
01-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Excuse me, folks, but at what age do you teach your kids about gun safety? At what age do you take them out to the range, or out hunting?
Are you saying it is OK to teach your kids to kill at an early age, but you don't want to teach them about sex?
I blame this on our ultra-puritan society. I want my daughter to learn about the facts and myths of sexual behavior. So they will be prepared when someone's son attempts to talk them into sex. Which boys have been doing for generations untold. I am guessing the majority of you guys did it when you were that age.
My daughter knows the possible implications of sexual behavior. I have taught her to establish her boundaries and to demands her male friends to respect them as well. If the guy decides to overstep those boundaries, she knows where the soft spot is to place her boots.
Teaching kids about sex doesn't encourage them to experiment any more than teaching kids about guns encourages them to shoot people. Though if a kid picks up a rifle and takes it to school, his parents are probably gun nuts. :cool:

aboutime
01-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Excuse me, folks, but at what age do you teach your kids about gun safety? At what age do you take them out to the range, or out hunting?
Are you saying it is OK to teach your kids to kill at an early age, but you don't want to teach them about sex?
I blame this on our ultra-puritan society. I want my daughter to learn about the facts and myths of sexual behavior. So they will be prepared when someone's son attempts to talk them into sex. Which boys have been doing for generations untold. I am guessing the majority of you guys did it when you were that age.
My daughter knows the possible implications of sexual behavior. I have taught her to establish her boundaries and to demands her male friends to respect them as well. If the guy decides to overstep those boundaries, she knows where the soft spot is to place her boots.
Teaching kids about sex doesn't encourage them to experiment any more than teaching kids about guns encourages them to shoot people. Though if a kid picks up a rifle and takes it to school, his parents are probably gun nuts. :cool:

Thanks again gabby. You never fail to prove how easy it is to be unable to hide your ignorance.

logroller
01-21-2014, 05:32 AM
Interesting analogy but surely one's parental involvement in gun handling differs greatly from sexual involvement. I can hear ya now gabs, "that was a little low, but some people express their sexual emotions that."

I blame this on our ultra-puritan society.
That's redundant.

I want my daughter to learn about the facts and myths of sexual behavior. So they will be prepared when someone's son attempts to talk them into sex. Which boys have been doing for generations untold. I am guessing the majority of you guys did it when you were that age.
The facts and myths...like only men initiate sex, and usually by coercion.

What about cleanup afterwards? cause that's important with guns/hunting.

Hmmm. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a shitload more kids are going to experiment with sex than killing people irregardless of what they've been taught. I mean, if I hang a poster that listed 'ways people express their anger' should I include 'bring guns to school and shoot classmates and staff' ??? I mean, that's how some people express their anger but I hardly think it warrants inclusion; there's power in suggestion gabby and posting a sign has an overt influence. You want to discuss stds and pregnancy, fine, but you don't need a sex menu unless its at a brothel. Its a slippery slope of instruction; what's next, a lesson on hand-jibbers and anal lube handouts?

Jeff
01-21-2014, 07:37 AM

Fair enough Gabs , I will teach my kids gun safety as well as fire is hot :laugh: and all the other things that are taught to kids when they are young and you take the upper road and teach your 12 year old about anal sex , Gabs I don't believe in a million years you would do such a thing ( unless of course she had asked about it then I see you being a great Mom and explaining )

Seriously gabby teaching a kid about gun safety is the same as teaching them to brush there teeth, and yes we both agree that sex ed needs to be taught as well but at what age and lets not forget while teaching kids about gun safety no one I know hands a 4 year old a machine gun to learn with , so when a child is 12 or in some cases younger ( my youngest started middle school at 11 and the story is about a pissed off father of a 13 year old but it all happens in Middle school where any of the students could of seen the poster) So why start sex ed by teaching them oral and or anal is even a option ? How about at this age ( yes I agree it must start younger now a days than it did when I was young ) teach them about reproduction, teach them how there bodies are going to change , yes these young boys don't even have hair under there arms yet but you think it is OK to tell them anal sex is OK :laugh: I mean there is so much that can be taught to young kids without ever going into details such as different ways to get off :rolleyes:

logroller
01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Fair enough Gabs , I will teach my kids gun safety as well as fire is hot :laugh: and all the other things that are taught to kids when they are young and you take the upper road and teach your 12 year old about anal sex , Gabs I don't believe in a million years you would do such a thing ( unless of course she had asked about it then I see you being a great Mom and explaining )

Seriously gabby teaching a kid about gun safety is the same as teaching them to brush there teeth, and yes we both agree that sex ed needs to be taught as well but at what age and lets not forget while teaching kids about gun safety no one I know hands a 4 year old a machine gun to learn with , so when a child is 12 or in some cases younger ( my youngest started middle school at 11 and the story is about a pissed off father of a 13 year old but it all happens in Middle school where any of the students could of seen the poster) So why start sex ed by teaching them oral and or anal is even a option ? How about at this age ( yes I agree it must start younger now a days than it did when I was young ) teach them about reproduction, teach them how there bodies are going to change , yes these young boys don't even have hair under there arms yet but you think it is OK to tell them anal sex is OK :laugh: I mean there is so much that can be taught to young kids without ever going into details such as different ways to get off :rolleyes:
WHA!!!!-- No machine guns for 12 year olds? You're such a dinosaur Jeff, get with the times. I mean sure, abstaining from automatic weapons is ideal, but realistically....:gunner2::gunner2:

gabosaurus
01-21-2014, 02:26 PM
WHA!!!!-- No machine guns for 12 year olds? You're such a dinosaur Jeff, get with the times. I mean sure, abstaining from automatic weapons is ideal, but realistically....:gunner2::gunner2:

OK, this statement is quite humorous. :laugh2:
But you are missing my point. Are you telling you kids that violence is OK but sex is not? If you are teaching your kids about gun safety, you are (hopefully) teaching them about how it works, and the situations where gun use is permissible. Which is what I learned.
Kids are being confronted with sexual imagery and situations at a much younger age these day. Do you want them to learn about rights and wrongs, do's and don'ts from you or from another kid?
To believe that talking about sex is going to inspire them to have sex is like believing talking about guns is going to make them want to shoot somebody.
If your kid is above the age of 12 or so, I guarantee that they know more than you think they do.

logroller
01-21-2014, 03:10 PM
OK, this statement is quite humorous. :laugh2:
But you are missing my point. Are you telling you kids that violence is OK but sex is not? If you are teaching your kids about gun safety, you are (hopefully) teaching them about how it works, and the situations where gun use is permissible. Which is what I learned.
Kids are being confronted with sexual imagery and situations at a much younger age these day. Do you want them to learn about rights and wrongs, do's and don'ts from you or from another kid?
To believe that talking about sex is going to inspire them to have sex is like believing talking about guns is going to make them want to shoot somebody.
If your kid is above the age of 12 or so, I guarantee that they know more than you think they do.
I think what you're missing is parents teaching their kids vs the State doing so. Sure our media culture promotes sex (and violence). Yet the schools teach that sex can be safe but guns, especially big scary ones are just murder machines that need to be banned because they're dangerous-- well so is anal sex, but that gets posted as a legitimate sex act -- Why is that?

I'm not even saying that guns are inherently safe but neither is sex and the progressive narrative usurps the parental role of instilling their own values and often it undermines them.

jimnyc
01-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Honestly, I would look at this poster with disgust even if it were only in colleges. Why does anyone need to discuss oral sex, anal sex, masturbation? WTF? This kind of discussion was just so inappropriate back when I was in HS, and we didn't have some massive outbreak of kids enjoying those activities at such early ages. If I were walking through my sons school and saw this, I would pull it off the door/wall and rip it up.

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2014/01/16/sex-ed-poster-wdaf-fox.jpg

Arbo
01-21-2014, 04:07 PM

Add to that the reality of many parents walking the path of how they were raised and just ignoring the reality of teens today. No parent to guide, no matter the topic, then an unguided and unprepared kid is running lose out there… then the parents are shocked when certain things happen. :rolleyes:

Arbo
01-21-2014, 04:11 PM
I think what you're missing is parents teaching their kids vs the State doing so.

I don't think the state should be doing it, but considering the enormous amount of parents that are not parenting….

Trigg
01-21-2014, 04:23 PM
What is so wrong with simply teaching the plumbing, how a girl gets pregnant and STD's??

Those have been taught since I was in school. It's informative without going into positions.

We even had to watch a birth on video......nasty business in a room full of 6&7th graders let me tell you.

jimnyc
01-21-2014, 04:36 PM
What is so wrong with simply teaching the plumbing, how a girl gets pregnant and STD's??

Those have been taught since I was in school. It's informative without going into positions.

We even had to watch a birth on video......nasty business in a room full of 6&7th graders let me tell you.

Yep, that was about the extent of it. They sure didn't teach us about anal sex and the other crap. Of course kids will find things out, and good parenting would likely ensure that this is all they do. Well, maybe a good all around environment in addition to goo parenting, but it sure as hell shouldn't be the job of the public schools to teach our kids this stuff.

gabosaurus
01-21-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't think the state should be doing it, but considering the enormous amount of parents that are not parenting….

Public schools only teach what parents approve them to teach.
The sign Jim posted is a bit graphic, but many kids already know about a lot of these things. Or they are curious about what they are. And they likely don't want to discuss them with their parents.
If you have ever been to a sex education lesson in schools, you know they are extremely clinical and factual. No one encourages or recommends anything. It is entirely informational.

logroller
01-21-2014, 07:27 PM
That's a valid concern; fwiw I'm not against sex education, but I'll buy into the "safe sex" stuff as soon as schools start teaching how firearms increase safety.

Arbo
01-21-2014, 08:17 PM
That's a valid concern; fwiw I'm not against sex education, but I'll buy into the "safe sex" stuff as soon as schools start teaching how firearms increase safety.

Isn't it ironic that back in the 40's and 50's, schools had gun clubs and taught shooting safety (in some parts of the country) but didn't teach anything at all about sex.

Jeff
01-22-2014, 08:15 AM
The sign Jim posted is a bit graphic, but many kids already know about a lot of these things. Or they are curious about what they are. And they likely don't want to discuss them with their parents.
If you have ever been to a sex education lesson in schools, you know they are extremely clinical and factual. No one encourages or recommends anything. It is entirely informational.

The sign Jim posted is a bit graphic,

This entire thread is about the sign Jim posted :rolleyes: I will say it again sex ed is needed , teaching 11 and 12 year old kids about anal and oral is not !!

Or they are curious about what they are. And they likely don't want to discuss them with their parents.

I have to agree with ya here because even at 11 and 12 kids have better sense than to ask there parents about anal sex :eek:

Most of us have been to some type of sex ed classes but it is only you arguing that 11 year old kids should be taught about anal sex, oral and so on

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2014, 10:40 AM
I do not give any person on this damn planet permission to teach my child that anal sex is ok! And I'll slap the living hell out of the first person I find that ever does so.. What is next--teaching that beastiality is ok? Or sex with dead bodies?--Tyr

Arbo
01-22-2014, 11:25 AM
I do not give any person on this damn planet permission to teach my child that anal sex is ok! And I'll slap the living hell out of the first person I find that ever does so.. What is next--teaching that beastiality is ok? Or sex with dead bodies?--Tyr

You didn't read the poster, did you? It doesn't say what is ok or not ok, it merely lists things people do. But don't let that little bit of knowledge hold you back from assault and battery charges.

Abbey Marie
01-22-2014, 12:53 PM
You didn't read the poster, did you? It doesn't say what is ok or not ok, it merely lists things people do. But don't let that little bit of knowledge hold you back from assault and battery charges.

Actually, the poster is worse than teaching about it- it implicitly condones it.

Arbo
01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Actually, the poster is worse than teaching about it- it implicitly condones it.

Saying: "things people do when they are hungry: get a job, go to a food bank, rob a store" does not condone robbing a store, it merely lists the reality of choices some people make.

Abbey Marie
01-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Saying: "things people do when they are hungry: get a job, go to a food bank, rob a store" does not condone robbing a store, it merely lists the reality of choices some people make.

You are so apparently naïve about the influence of authority on kids, and the power of "normalizing" such things, that I am at a loss what to even say. I think I'll just leave it at that.

Arbo
01-22-2014, 09:47 PM
You are so apparently naïve about the influence of authority on kids, and the power of "normalizing" such things, that I am at a loss what to even say. I think I'll just leave it at that.

So you no longer want to talk about the meaning of words? Shocking.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2014, 09:55 PM
If you have ever been to a sex education lesson in schools, you know they are extremely clinical and factual. No one encourages or recommends anything. It is entirely informational. When the established authority(the school) puts up a poster mentioning anal sex with no comment about its very bad risky behavior, dangers and unsanitary nastiness they are implicitly condoning it by not warning against it. Just that damn simple. --Tyr

tailfins
01-22-2014, 09:59 PM

It's interesting how they are selectively permissive. My youngest just might point to things on that poster and say "That's what fags do." What do you suppose the result might be? Any disciplinary action? Some conservatives want to hide things from kids. Not me. I think visiting Provincetown is a good idea. If you want kids to not be interested in something, let them see it in it's full glory. When I ask my sons if they want to go on a drive up Cape Cod, they ask if we can avoid going all the way to the end. Anything past Truro is too far.

If there were some gay tolerance propaganda, he would likely say something like: I've been to Provincetown; you're not telling the truth.

Would any of you have nerve enough to encourage your son to ask the teacher which on the list are her favorites? Fight fire with fire. Better still, the next time the teacher complains about late homework, your son can tell her to go do something on that poster. After all, it's already established that those are considered permitted topics of discussion in class.

Jeff
01-23-2014, 06:24 AM
When the established authority(the school) puts up a poster mentioning anal sex with no comment about its very bad risky behavior, dangers and unsanitary nastiness they are implicitly condoning it by not warning against it. Just that damn simple. --Tyr

Its all cool Tyr , hey they didn't tell the kids to do these things :rolleyes: they just simply brought it to kids as young as 11 , Saying this is OK is kind of like handing a young kid a AR fully loaded and letting him take it out to play and then calling it teaching gun safety ( hell I didn't tell the kid to shoot :rolleyes: )

Arbo
01-23-2014, 08:51 AM
When the established authority(the school) puts up a poster mentioning anal sex with no comment about its very bad risky behavior, dangers and unsanitary nastiness they are implicitly condoning it by not warning against it. Just that damn simple. --Tyr

Ah, so it's the 'anal sex' part. Lord knows, that's the only thing on that list that is risky in any way… :rolleyes:

Arbo
01-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Its all cool Tyr , hey they didn't tell the kids to do these things :rolleyes: they just simply brought it to kids as young as 11 , Saying this is OK is kind of like handing a young kid a AR fully loaded and letting him take it out to play and then calling it teaching gun safety ( hell I didn't tell the kid to shoot :rolleyes: )

That would make sense if they were handing out assholes and saying 'go ahead, stick your dick in here'. Otherwise it's just a moronic comparison.

tailfins
01-23-2014, 09:13 AM

Tell your sons to do a web search on "Duke LaCrosse case" and "Kobe Bryant case", that's all the sex education they'll need. In fact they should bring those examples up in "health" class.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Its all cool Tyr , hey they didn't tell the kids to do these things :rolleyes: they just simply brought it to kids as young as 11 , Saying this is OK is kind of like handing a young kid a AR fully loaded and letting him take it out to play and then calling it teaching gun safety ( hell I didn't tell the kid to shoot :rolleyes: ) EEEEEEEEEEEE ZZZZZZZZAAAAACCCTTLLY!!!!!! But remember a 5 year old boy at school trying to hold the hand of a little girl is unacceptable .God forbid if he tries to give her a kiss!!!!!!! They'll suspend him for that but if he now decides to play with his little buddy's wee wee its all fine , the poster says so.. ffing sick shat... --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2014, 09:59 AM
It's interesting how they are selectively permissive. My youngest just might point to things on that poster and say "That's what fags do." What do you suppose the result might be? Any disciplinary action? Some conservatives want to hide things from kids. Not me. I think visiting Provincetown is a good idea. If you want kids to not be interested in something, let them see it in it's full glory. When I ask my sons if they want to go on a drive up Cape Cod, they ask if we can avoid going all the way to the end. Anything past Truro is too far.

If there were some gay tolerance propaganda, he would likely say something like: I've been to Provincetown; you're not telling the truth.

Would any of you have nerve enough to encourage your son to ask the teacher which on the list are her favorites? Fight fire with fire. Better still, the next time the teacher complains about late homework, your son can tell her to go do something on that poster. After all, it's already established that those are considered permitted topics of discussion in class.
A damn good idea. Bravo-- :beer: -Tyr

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 10:47 AM

Kids see things laid out to them from an "authority figure" and they will see it as normal, or at least some will.

But what I don't think any of us touched on - EVEN IF - they were to touch on these subjects, couldn't they do so in a more discreet manner? Why plaster it on posters as if it's like a garage sale, or worse, a list of things that the 'other normal kids' do in response.

Abbey Marie
01-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Kids see things laid out to them from an "authority figure" and they will see it as normal, or at least some will.

But what I don't think any of us touched on - EVEN IF - they were to touch on these subjects, couldn't they do so in a more discreet manner? Why plaster it on posters as if it's like a garage sale, or worse, a list of things that the 'other normal kids' do in response.

That would be preferable, but I still think the audience in this case is too young. I am more and more understanding the positives of home schooling.

jimnyc
01-23-2014, 11:20 AM
That would be preferable, but I still think the audience in this case is too young. I am more and more understanding the positives of home schooling.

Oh, no doubt. I don't think this should be discussed in ANY school, IMO. Maybe make it an elective and have kids opt-in only with a signed slip from parents. Let the parents not having an issue with this stuff own it.